Print

Author Topic: Talk Like a Pirate, Play Like a Pirate  (Read 3063 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:19:54 AM »
Telltale Games is giving away episode one of Tales of Monkey Island today only to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day. (For those who are worried about that sort of thing, the installer is 189 MB.)

I played the demo back when it came out, and aside from the mouse part of the control scheme, it was fun. I'm looking forward to playing the episode proper.

Two side notes. One, anyone who already purchased Tales of Monkey Island instead gets their choice of any Telltale game for free.
Two, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is 50% off right now. Supposedly the Version For Handheld Apple Devices is similarly discounted.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 04:00:12 AM by WarpRattler »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:30:53 AM »
I love free games! I'll finally get to see what the deal is with this adventure game everyone likes so well.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »
The free game deal ended three hours ago. Show of hands: who downloaded it instead of complaining about the fact that the WiiWare version wasn't free or posting stupid stuff about the Koopalings? *raises hand*

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
God[darnit] I always miss stuff like this.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 11:25:43 AM »
Hm. Does it count if I downloaded it in addition to complaining at rabid Koopaling fans?
No! I don't want that!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
You can only raise half of your hand, Jim. We'll have to cut off the other half so that you can't raise it.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
Hrm. Does this mean I can have half a hook?
No! I don't want that!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 02:17:28 PM »
I signed up during the free time and downloaded the demo thinking it was the freebie, but later saw the email with the code and download link for the first chapter.  I wonder if it will still work. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
I downloaded it yesterday but didn't activate it until a few minutes ago, so it should work. If the demo prompts you to log into your Telltale account to activate the game at launch, log in and you should have everything set up.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
Telltale is celebrating the holiday again, this time with a sale rather than a freebie: the entire season of Tales of Monkey Island for five dollars.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
That be quite a deal!

I payed fer it with booty I "acquired" from me grog-brained brother.

(No really I stole five bucks from him and bought this.)
No! I don't want that!

Print