Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 78475 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
PS3 has some good exclusives but it seems kind of pointless to get if you already have a working 360.
I lost. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
Self-pwn?
That was a joke.

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2010, 01:33:31 AM »
I'd lay off the red-ring jokes this soon after the 8001050F ApocalyPS3.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2010, 01:36:42 AM »
I lost. 
Self-pwn?
Everyone else would act like such smug *****es, it was hilarious yet sad.

I guess nothings really changed much huh
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2010, 01:37:21 AM »
I remember when people said that they liked Xbox or PS2 and would be talked down upon for saying it.
You babies don't know what a real console war is. SNES vs. Genesis, that was a war. How soon the struggles of the Greatest Generation are forgotten.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2010, 02:06:14 AM »
That's because a lot of these guys were too young to experience the brunt of it. I can remember being in the trenches at recess, dodging the blast processing while interspersing rounds of mode 7.

Then we'd all go home to our bloodless Mortal Kombat. And that's how we liked it!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »
I wasn't trying to make a joke.  I was just pointing out that I laughed at Jake's need to include the word "working" in his post.  I should have just came out and said that instead of just lazily typing "I lost".

The PS3 problem didn't affect me because I was out of town and playing SMB Wii with one of my brothers.  If I'd been home wanting to play it would have been upsetting considering that people may have lost some saves and/or trophies.  The problem was a time keeping oversight that a first year CS student should have been able to avoid.  Good thing it fixed itself. 

Also, if I understand the 360 problems with heat sink connections they shouldn't be happening on new systems now anyway. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2010, 10:18:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5g0bB6wP7E

This is what a 360 usually sounds like when running any ol' game.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »
Actually, a 360 sounds absolutely nothing like that.

Yes, a 360 is a bit louder than other systems (my Wii scared me when I first played it, I thought it wasn't working), but a very, very small price to pay for awesome, awesome gaming.

Besides, if you install your games onto your hard drive, the noise goes away.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2010, 11:53:52 PM »
Way to take the joke at face value there, bobman.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
I haven't used my PS3 in forever--did that Error thing just come and go?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »
I never even knew it existed.
That was a joke.

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »

I think Sony fixed the thing within the second day of complaints..?

I can remember being in the trenches at recess, dodging the blast processing while interspersing rounds of mode 7.

Then we'd all go home to our bloodless Mortal Kombat. And that's how we liked it!

Me too! I didn't participate so much as spectate. Fireworks are fun!

I didn't play any form of Mortal Kombat until it was on the GameBoy. Shame on me. I'm not big on fighters anyway, but I knew about them..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »
Sony fixed nothing. The glitch was based on the systems' internal clock erroneously thinking it was February 29 on a non-leap year, thus somehow making it think it was 1999 and blocking access to trophies, saves, and some newer games entirely no matter if you were online or not. Sony just waited 24 hours for the problem to naturally end. There has been no patch since the ApocalyPS3.

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2010, 12:37:19 AM »
That was such a derp moment it amazes me how the PS3 userbase totally flipped about it.

Then again, all i ever play on my PS3 nowadays is Valkyria Chronicles and since that game has no online play or Trophy's it wouldn't have mattered to me if they disappeared or not.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print