Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3 on Wii - continue error  (Read 12632 times)

« on: February 28, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
In a 2-layer game of SMB3 on the Virutal Console, I'm on world 6 and Luigi ran out of lives for the first time. The Game Over screen appears, but I cannot select Continue or End. Pushing A, B, 1, 2, +, and - on the Wiimote on the classic control does nothing. I've gone back to the Wii menu, turned off the Wii, changed controls, and nothing seems to be able to get me out of the Game Over screen (short of resetting the game). I'm bummed! Any ideas? Thanks.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »
Have you tried resetting the game? if that doesn't work, try the following.

Try deleting the save data, (tragic, I know.) if that doesn't work, try deleting the game from your Wii menu, and download it from Wii shop channel again.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:51:46 PM »
I've had a problem similar to this with Metroid; it freezes whenever I enter Tourian.  I wonder if they're caused by the same basic problem?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »
You did try pressing start with the Player 1 controller? I can't remember right now if you need to do that or not.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
I'm sure if I reset it, it'll, well, reset, but I'm trying to avoid losing my game. I don't know if I pressed continue on the player-1 control. I'll try that. Thanks for the help!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
If I recall, only player one had control over events such as game overs and pausing during the battle game.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:40:48 PM »
I finally got around to trying it, and, yes, player 1 has to press start. Thanks for all the help!  :)

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »
Wait is Luigi Mario's brother?
(_8^(I)

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 08:29:32 PM »
What is wrong with you?! When you come on to a MARIO Forum, you have to KNOW STUFF ABOUT MARIO.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
Don't get too fed up with him, it seems he's just a troll anyway.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »
Wait...you can save? I thought you had to go back to the Wii Menu every time, to keep the game going...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
That is what people mean by saving in this case.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
Typical first post is typical.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print