Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have VVVVVV  (Read 26982 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
Five dollars is still five dollars that I don't have if I want the games that are priorities for me.  As it is, I'll probably only ever own two of those titles I listed.

And "lame"?  Really?  I don't accuse your games of being lame.  I didn't accuse VVVVVV of being lame, either.  Not once.  All I remember is saying that I really don't need another game to spend money on.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Haven't we been over this?  It has nothing to do with trying new things.  What I don't want to do is spend money that I don't know will end up being well-spent.
That's the same. By definition you can't "know" if a new thing is worth it. Well, maybe if there's an entire thread of people saying how awesome it is, but I digress...

There is a solution that could make everyone in this thread happy: Turtlekid1 getting a freakin' part-time job. How old are you?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
That's the same. By definition you can't "know" if a new thing is worth it. Well, maybe if there's an entire thread of people saying how awesome it is, but I digress...
The emphasis is different - on the money, not on the fact that it's new.  I'm sure the game is great.  It looks decent enough.  It's just not high up on my "To Play" list.

There is a solution that could make everyone in this thread happy: Turtlekid1 getting a freakin' part-time job. How old are you?
Seventeen.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
The perfect age!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 09:53:11 PM »
*bow-chikka-bow-bow*
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
No.

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
Well yes, but no.

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:37 AM »
I'm about to get this game if that eBay promotion pulls through and delivers.

But the blog did mention its a "giftable" version. Does that mean I can't keep it and use it myself?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
I don't know what eBay promotion you're talking about, but things can't get much cheaper than five dollars. Might as well just buy it.

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 01:25:25 AM »
I'm talking about this one. I got outbid thankfully and I bid so early there's no way they could pass down the sale to me judging by how many have bid so far.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »
Whoa.

Also, why buy socks for a game you haven't played? If I never played VVVVVV I would never understand the appeal for those socks.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »
Hopefully most of the people who have bid in the four-digit range have been people who want the socks themselves.

But then, this is the Internet, where people are especially dumb when it comes to their money.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »
Speaking of being dumb with your money, Turtlekid if you PM me your address (or some place to send mail if you're paranoid) I will send you my autograph on a check that is worth Five American Dollars.

This offer is only valid if you spend the money on VVVVVV.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2010, 06:01:34 AM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to just gift it on Steam?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »
Probably, but I was banking on him not knowing how to cash a check.

Turtlekid, if you give me your Steam name or whatever I need I will gift this to you if you would prefer.

Print