Print

Author Topic: Calling all lab rats!  (Read 4874 times)

« on: May 10, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
I'm looking for any chemistry majors or bio majors that have a used lab agitator they want to get rid of.  I need this for my own personal studies in medicine on natural substances that can be used to treat cluster headaches.  Also I would buy any lab glass-ware you might like to get rid of also (flasks, beakers, graduated cylinders, etc).  Much thanks!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »
In other words, drug paraphernalia.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
Some people can't afford college man.  I used to be great in chemistry and biology, and want to carry on my own research, I still have some college text-books and everything.  My mom needs a kidney transplant, and hasn't been able to get on the list yet at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Phillidelphia.  Perscription costs are getting too expensive too get another perscription for another drug.  So I'm going to do whatever I can to help her out because I love her to death.

If you've ever witnessed somebody suffering from a cluster headache you would want to help them too.  Thanks for being so rude, it really made me feel great.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
Sorry if it came across as rude; I was kidding.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
It's alright dude, I have a reputation to put back together and I understand that much.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »
Methinks he doth protest too much.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
Don't make me scan a flier for her benefit thats coming up.  I may be perceived to be a lot of things that people don't agree with around here, but one thing I'm not is a liar.  I'd appreciate it from this point on that people only post in this to help out.  I'm sick of all your guy's bogus insinuations.  I don't have to take your crap.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
To be honest, homemade medicine doesn't sound like a very safe or logical treatment for anyone. Basic college text books aren't going to contain the information you need for this sort of thing, and a quick google search on cluster headaches reveals that any common treatment for symptoms are not going to be able to be made in your garage.

I'm going to have to back the other guys on this one, as it sounds extremely misguided, if not outright shady.

If prescription costs are causing you problems, you may want to look into finding a job (or second job). At least that way you could support your loved one safely, if that is indeed your goal.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »
I can't think of any common street drug that would need agitating.  And if there is one, I can't imagine it would need agitating long enough to need a lab agitator, a flick of the wrist would most likely do.

I'm going back to college sometime because I know what I want to do now.  In the mean time I'm just going to rig one up.  Eventually, I'm going to have to get serious and buy one from ebay.  Thanks anyways.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »
This is further proof of the faults in our healthcare system. The only advice I could give is try to make her happy with whatever she wants, like bringing her some favorite foods and such. I really don't think homemade drugs is such a good idea... that sounds quite dangerous actually.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print