Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS images  (Read 49690 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 03:55:19 PM »
I think I heard somewhere that they didn't show any partners in the previews because they didn't want to "spoil" anything.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
Which, coincidentally, is always the perfect cop-out for not having anything come up with any ideas worth showing yet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
I'm a bit worried that they've changed the battle formula too much... I'll definitely still get the game, but I just hope that whatever's being done in the game works well.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Indeed, the whole "sticker" component has me a tad worried. On an interesting note, PM3DS probably wouldn't be a turn-based RPG had its highly experimental predecessor, Super Paper Mario, gotten a better critical reception:

Quote from: Nintendo Power, vol. 215, May 2007
Nintendo Power:
Does this platform-heavy approach represent a new direction for the series, or do you think you'll go back to the purer RPG with the next installment?

Ryota Kawade:
I still don't know whether the next Paper Mario will maintain this style, or if it's going back to the previous RPG format. It might even be a completely different type of game altogether. We do, however, always feel that we want a challenge and to take on new things.

Kensuke Tanabe:
I don't think we will ever go back to the exact same game style as before. As Mr. Kawade just said, I also would like to look for another new and different style.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:49 PM »
Did anyone else feel like the game doesn't look too far into development based on the E3 trailer? It just felt like a lot was missing... And yet Nintendo said the game'll be out this year.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 09:22:49 AM »
I must have missed that.  I thought SM3DS would be out this year, but not Paper Mario 3DS.  Are they both dated or at least listed as fall, holiday, or something like that?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
I was mistaken. For some reason I thought Reggie said that the game titles shown at the very end of the E3 presentation would be available this year, but I just checked and it isn't. On Nintendo's E3 website it just says "TBA" under release date.

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
I think I'm over Paper Mario.  The first one was fine, the second one was phenomenal and the third got to be kind of a chore after a while.  I'd like to see some fresh art and story direction for Mario's next RPG.  I've always wished the Mario RPGs (after the original that is) had a visual style more akin to the 3D Mario platformers.  The thought of a Mario RPG that looks like Galaxy or SM3DS is a very appealing one.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
Even if it turns out as a complete abortion of a game, PM3DS will be vastly superior to Super Paper Mario. Just sayin'.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »
Super Paper Mario was just fine, thank you very much.

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »
No, thank you.

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »
Super Paper Mario was a good experiment, but maybe this game will be more like the first two. (Judging from the battle screens, it already is a little bit..)

SPM was a good game, but most of the dialoge was laughable, and it just seemed like a carbon copy of the story from PM2 (ie:*story spoilers* Grodus's plan to take over the world backfires when the Shadow Queen doesn't listen to him. Count Bleck's plan to take over the world backfires when Dimentio doesn't listen to him.. The Pure Hearts being very similar to the Crystal Stars: pointing the way toward one another)

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
Well, it's not like the rest of Nintendo's games are ever a wellspring of plot creativity from one entry to the next.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
I actually rather liked the dialogue in SPM.  My beef is mostly with the gameplay, which, while passable, doesn't really hold a candle to TTYD's.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »
One thing I didn't like in that game was locations. Flipside and Flopside just weren't that intersting to me, especially when compared to the excellent hubs Rogueport and Toad Town. Those two hubs were actually fun to explore. In SPM it felt like a chore to have to navigate the hub.

Print