Print

Author Topic: Another Wii Help Topic  (Read 5139 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »
Yes, now I, too, have been having some problems with my console.  Unlike other folks', however, mine is not that it won't read discs, but rather that the Wii isn't even turning on.  The little light by the Power button is off.  Not in standby, or whatever, but completely dead.  To answer the obvious question, yes, the power cord is plugged in.

What's the deal here?

Additionally: Power to our house has gone out twice recently - once due to road work, and once due to weather.  Would this have anything to do with the problem, and if so, does it mean that I'm screwed?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:43:01 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Did you try it in another room? I'm not sure what the problem could be, but that's your best bet.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »
Power surges could have blown something out internally... I assume the Wii has a fuse but I really don't know.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »
I looked around on other sites, too... one site suggested that I unplug the power cord for several minutes, then plug it in and try again.  That worked.  Thanks anyway.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
I've never played Wii Help.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »
It's the next underground smash, I tell you.
That was a joke.

Print