Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 60072 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
You can always turn it off if you need to.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
this looks fun, but i was hoping for a 3d reamake of super mario 64.

i hope the game doesn't use 3d; i don't want to hurt my eyes.

So, you'd rather strain your eyes to play another remake of SM64 than to play an entirely new title?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Sqrt2

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »
this looks fun, but i was hoping for a 3d reamake of super mario 64.

I thought SM64 was a 3D game...
AA fanboy and proud!

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
You can always turn it off if you need to.

i don't want to!
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
I thought SM64 was a 3D game...

3D as in having graphics that are, like, full depth. When it's pulled off well, it looks like you're peering into another world with the depth, but can also "pop out" at you, too. SM64 has polygonal 3D graphics, but not in a "depth" sense.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 02:46:23 AM »
Regardless, do we really need another remake of Super Mario 64? I'd rather see an original title that fully takes advantage of 3D than just another remake.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »
Quite right. I believe someone once suggested that the natural progression of remakes would be a SMS one, but I think everyone just wants that one to be quietly forgotten in the grand scheme of things.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 02:48:28 AM »
Ah, I wouldn't complain so much at an SMS remake for the 3DS (seeing as I never owned it on Gamecube to start with), more that the potential to make an even better 3DS game had been wasted.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
I really have high hopes for this game!!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
I would definitely buy a Super Mario Sunshine remake, as long as it had enough new content.

I'm intrigued by the raccoon tail in the title. If this means the return of the Raccoon suit, does that mean the other mechanics from SMB3 that were associated with it would return, such as holding a button to run (something never seen in a 3D Mario game) in order to fill up a meter that would allow you to fly?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »
(something never seen in a 3D Mario game)
I presume we're excluding the notorious SM64 controls?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
As long as the Raccoon/Tanuki Suit isn't nerfed such that it's only useful to get past contrived obstacles.  I, for one, would like to see actual, unrestricted flight in a 3D Mario game.  The Wing Cap and Red Stars were all right, but both had time limits and the Red Stars were useful for obtaining a grand total of one Power Star before being relegated to a fun but ultimately irrelevant part of the Observatory.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »
I was very disappointed that they didn't use the Red Star in SMG2. The controls actually worked pretty well, and they had the perfect opportunity to expand on its use, such a whole galaxy designed for use with the Red Star, or some epic flying boss fight.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
Lol, I think the powerups in the recent 3D Mario games were like an illusion for making the game look fun. It gave you special powers, but only to get past a specific obstacle and in the grand scheme of things it doesnt really make the game more fun or better.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 09:15:14 AM »
I hope they smarten up and make it a straight up, point A to point B platformer. No more of this collecting stars to open up levels nonsense.

Print