Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 59948 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »
Um... that's what Super Mario Galaxy 2 was.  We need less linearity, not more[/i].
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
Lol, I think the powerups in the recent 3D Mario games were like an illusion for making the game look fun. It gave you special powers, but only to get past a specific obstacle and in the grand scheme of things it doesnt really make the game more fun or better.

SMG2 actually made having powerups less fun. I don't want to use my limited FireFlower in a field of crates with only 10 seconds to burn them all. I want the Flower to last until I complete the level (ie: slide down the flagpole, jog through the goal posts, collect the star, etc..) or am hit by an enemy (or lose a life).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »
Um... that's what Super Mario Galaxy 2 was.  We need less linearity, not more.
Looking back, I actually appreciate in a way what the SMG series did to bring Mario back to more traditional platforming, but I still agree with this.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
This could have made an awesome launch title.

Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 05:01:53 AM »
I really hope that this new Super Mario game will have some galaxy elements like the sidescrolling segments. That was a great and innovative idea they should use more often.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
...How is it innovative if it's what they've been doing since the beginning of the series? :P

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 06:25:12 AM »
...How is it innovative if it's what they've been doing since the beginning of the series? :P

Well, I especially liked the transition between 3D and 2D areas in the Galaxy games and I hope they would do the same with Super Mario 3DS. Besides, it would be neat if they can take things to extreme.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
...That didn't answer my question. At all.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »
The 2D-3D in both games was pretty neat, until it started feeling like I paid $50 for New Super Mario Bros. in Space.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
Except NSMB didn't have 3D in the majority of its levels.  I think the SMGs (particularly the first) are great games in their own regard, but I really hope this does end up more in the SM64 vibe.  And unfortunately, those four screenshots were just ambiguous enough to let it go either way.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »
What was new and innovative about the 2-D Super Mario Galaxy 2 segments? The funky gravity, at the very least. I loved that one castle level where the Podoboos leap out of lava pools in the wall and land in the ones in the floor.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »
This game looks cool.  Cant wait to see some vids

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
Do you think the 3DS graphics engine will be capable of giving Tanooki Mario an enormous scrotum with realistic bouncing physics?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
Do you think the 3DS graphics engine will be capable of giving Tanooki Mario an enormous scrotum with realistic bouncing physics?
err, probably.
But think of the children. D:

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
Alright, they showed footage at E3 today.

How about I show you instead of telling you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3txrO2eMg8
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:57:11 AM by Red Menace Forman »

Print