Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 59059 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »
So what? SMG and SMG2 have identical graphics as well.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it was a good thing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
That also doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, either. I loved the graphics in Super Mario Galaxy.

As for the Paper Mario series, I think the style is unique and still has more going for it. When I see those paper-thin characters I immediately know what game I'm looking at.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
You know, and speaking of games based off of an art style, the PM series has an art style based off of Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World, with bits and pieces from other games thrown in.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »
I remember reading through the SMW instruction guide specifically because I loved seeing the illustrations in it. It would be spectacular to see them style a game around those designs.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
If there's one thing that bothers me about this game is that it really looks slow paced. I don't need it to be Sonic but somebody said even when dashing Mario's speed brings back memories of the NES/

I guess that's what the roll is for.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »
Gameplay videos of Mario games tend to be slower to allow the viewers to see everything so they don't have to rewind the video.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
Hasn't the title been confirmed as Super Mario Land 3D?

I think it would be a hoot if Tatanga returned, just for this reason, even as a cameo boss without explanation.

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »

After so many years of neglecting his Doomship Airships, Bowser finally realizes how awesome they are and now uses them constantly!

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
Has the blue enemy near the airships appeared in any other Mario games? It doesn't look familiar to me.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
Looks new to me. Also looks like there's some sort of female Boom Boom there as well.

....What the heck does a Bullet Bill do with a Tanooki tail?

« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
And what about the thing in the bottom right corner? I am perplexed by its look of innocence.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
It looks like a Nintendoized Companion Cube.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2011, 11:05:35 PM »
....What the heck does a Bullet Bill do with a Tanooki tail?
Fly.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print