Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 59053 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
Will you cut out the spam posts already?

Who? MEGAߥTE for posting links to his own website? The topic creator for making such a blatant advertisement for the game?

Or bobbysq, for expressing excitement about a Mario game on a Mario fan forum?

I mean, it'd be one thing if he'd made five posts in a row like that, but would it really have contributed that much more to the thread if he had instead said "I certainly look forward to utilizing this Boomerang Brother suit. This revelation has increased my desire to exchange money for this game cartridge in the imminent future."?

I mean, unless he actually did make five posts in a row like that and you deleted them before I saw them.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
Quote from: CrossEyed7
bobbysq, for expressing excitement about a Mario game on a Mario fan forum?

I mean, it'd be one thing if he'd made five posts in a row like that, but would it really have contributed that much more to the thread if he had instead said "I certainly look forward to utilizing this Boomerang Brother suit. This revelation has increased my desire to exchange money for this game cartridge in the imminent future."?

I mean, unless he actually did make five posts in a row like that and you deleted them before I saw them.
Yes, I could have worded that better, but I did not spam and I told The Chef, the comma post was a browser mess up. We will continue this discussion via PM. Back to Mario 3DS.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
Ah, right, forgot about the comma thing.

So, how 'bout them there Blox Boxes?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
If those things can be killed, I'm gonna enjoy doing it. I don't like the looks on their faces.

« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
Awesome new Iwata Asks covering Super Mario 3D Land. Lots of cool info, including the return of Statue Mario as a function of the Tanooki Suit! This article finally made me realize how cool this game is going to be.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/super-mario-3d-land/0/0

(laughs)
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
I love how the boomerangs from the new Boomerang Suit are blue, just like the unused (in the US, aar) Boomerang in SMA4.  Not sure if that was intentional...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »
I'm getting very excited for this one! I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy at GameStop the other day. Looking forward to lugging around that awkward keychain!
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »
I really dig how this game is built to bridge the gameplay gap between 2D Mario and 3D Mario.  It's strange that the two types of games play so differently, and I'm excited to see how a talented studio brings these two gameplay philosophies together.  I'm really digging how the game starts more linear and 2D-styled, and gradually morphs into something more like Mario 64.  I have a feeling it'll play like Galaxy somewhere in the middle, and I am all kinds of okay with that.  Also it sounds like this one is going to have a huge amount of post-game content like the Galaxy games, which is pretty sick as well.  Definitely getting more excited for this one (finally).

Also I'm loving that you can use the boomerang to retrieve items.  I always like when a little splash of Zelda mechanics work into Mario, and vice versa.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
Sweet, Luigi's in! I'd get my hopes up for Yoshi, but then I'll probably be let down. But We'll see in a week or so.

« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:56 PM »
I love how the boomerangs from the new Boomerang Suit are blue, just like the unused (in the US, aar) Boomerang in SMA4.  Not sure if that was intentional...

They're not really unused. You can get them near the end of one of the American E-reader levels (Sliding the Slopes has a Boomerang Bro that throws the blue ones. Defeat him after he throws one and it will just drop to the ground for Mario to use. Pity it disappears when you clear the level..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2011, 08:22:05 AM »
Oh right, I forgot about that.  I guess it was only in the Japanese version that you could get them in your inventory.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
Youtube vids of the japanese version confirm a hard mode like in the original SMB after you beat the game, where all the goombas are replaced with spinys. Rumor has it they replace some of the levels with different ones as well

the bosses are really just Bowser, clones of Bowser, Boom Boom, and Pom Pom (i think that's the girl Boom Boom's name) unfortunate, cause I wanted a lot of kick ass boss fights
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:59:03 PM by Red Menace Forman »

« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2011, 07:43:06 AM »
I'm psyched about the return of Boom Boom and the addition of Pom Pom, but is it so much to ask to have the Koopalings in there too?  Oh well, we'll always have New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  This might finally destroy my resolve to not buy a 3DS... I gotta stay strong (and more importantly, remember that I can't really afford it).

EDIT: I'd also love to see Boom Boom and/or Pom Pom as playable characters in Mario Kart 7. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:01:48 AM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
I'm psyched about the return of Boom Boom and the addition of Pom Pom, but is it so much to ask to have the Koopalings in there too?  Oh well, we'll always have New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  This might finally destroy my resolve to not buy a 3DS... I gotta stay strong (and more importantly, remember that I can't really afford it).

EDIT: I'd also love to see Boom Boom and/or Pom Pom as playable characters in Mario Kart 7.
Why are these spoilers? They don't "spoil" anything. That would be like saying "Mario saves Peach from Bowser"

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Hey, Red Forman made 'em spoilers, so I just wanted to follow suit!  Maybe some board members are on a media blackout?
Haters gonna hate

Print