Print

Author Topic: 3DS Getting Massive Price Drop + 20 Free Games For Early Adoptors  (Read 2798 times)

« on: July 28, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »
http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184670p1.html

So starting August 12, the 3DS will only cost $169.99. After mediocre sales, this makes sense, but also may seem desperate. To appease those who bought the system early, Nintendo is giving people who buy or have bought the system before August 12th 10 free NES games and 10 free GBA games.

What do you think of this? Personally, I'm happy. I get more than $80 worth of games, and finally more people will be encouraged to get the system. A win-win for everyone, in my opinion.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »
Yes, this was quite cool of Nintendo.  Hoping Zero Mission is among those five unannounced GBA titles.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »
I'm still holding out for the inevitable limited-edition Mario bundle, or the 3DS Lite.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
Fantastic!

I look forward to being the only person in the immediate area with those GBA games on my 3DS. I'm looking forward to the reveal of the other titles as well!
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
If Minish Cap is in there you 3DS-havers should get it.

Me, I will look forward to the cheapness and pick one up when I can
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
I already own 100% of those games but it will be nice to have them on the latest portable.

But they're saying they're not going to put the GBA games up for normal sale? But the NES games will be? Huh? That seems backwards to how the 3DS VC should be.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »
Yeah, it seems silly to not have the GBA games available for sale.  That seems like an easy revenue stream, I don't see why they'd cut it off.  The Ambassadors are already getting that content for free, why not offer it to everyone else at a price?
Haters gonna hate

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
They will. They just don't want to announce it yet.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print