Print

Author Topic: Relationdukars  (Read 79339 times)

« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2013, 02:30:01 PM »
It's a lot of patient waiting for some people. I know it sucks to hear that but if you spend your time worrying about it you'll only be making it more difficult to find a partner. People pick up on potential mates' attitude, like how they carry themselves when they're not in a relationship. You really think they're going to want to date you if you say stuff like that irl?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYFqQZEdRA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYFqQZEdRA</a>

~
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Got dumped over break by a girl who's never had a boyfriend again. So how was *your* holiday season?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
Who's never had a boyfriend again? What?
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »

Take solace in the fact that you had someone to dump you. (And that she properly dumped you instead of ignoring you for a few days and then saying bad things about you to your friend.)
Relics.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2014, 12:10:11 AM »
So would any reply in the next couple weeks noting that my girlfriend and I have been together for a year now be in poor taste?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2014, 03:10:19 AM »
Take solace in the fact that you had someone to dump you.

That's... a hell of a thing to take solace in, man.

So would any reply in the next couple weeks noting that my girlfriend and I have been together for a year now be in poor taste?

I think anyone who is too bitter to be happy for someone who's in a functional relationship doesn't deserve to be with anyone in the first place. If anything, it should be something to give people hope. Sort of like how people watch romantic comedies to try and validate their own desires. That or Ryan Gosling. But seriously, good job man.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »
At this rate, Thor and I are bound to be the only wizards on TMK.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:39:00 PM by Weegee »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »
* Suffix coughs

« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »
At this rate, Thor and I are bound to be the only wizard on TMK.

Thor's only 15 though so there's still plenty of time. I didn't lose my chance to become a wizard until I was 22, so don't lose hope fella.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2014, 12:36:29 AM »
I had to double-check Urban Dictionary for what "wizard" meant in this context.  You hear a new one every day, I guess?

« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31:02 AM »
The (main) group of people I'm a part of, whose ages range from the mid teens to early twenties, are mostly virgins, which is understandable since we're all young and mostly total dorks. I am the only one out of them, however, to have been single for over a year and a half now, and thinking about that makes me feel bad and also very lonely.

[!!!DANGER ZONE!!! Whining about my only attempt at a relationship warning. If you actually want to read the story of something that's probably my fault for staying with her, you can try.] I've also been remembering lately how badly my ex treated me in retrospect, and how that's negatively effected my views on relationships, and intimacy, and that kind of stuff. I never told you guys that story, did I? Basically, I stayed with her even after she told me she was into my friend, because she started crying and stuff so I figured that meant she cared about me, and when I brought it up she told me not to worry about it. And then she started being mean to me while at the same time being super nice and friendly to said friend in front of me, and immediately afterwards she ignored and avoided me for days instead of actually dumping me, and then talking bad about me to my friend, who showed me a screencap. She then told me that it's over after I confronted her about that. Nowadays, I'm afraid that I'll be much too possessive in future relationships because I'm really afraid of something like this happening to me again, especially since my best friend happens to be taller, stronger, and more well known (and well liked) than I am. When I hear about cheating, or a suggestion of a girl being "stolen" by someone "better" or whatever, I get this really, really enraged and sickened feeling (although that might be normal). At least my friend was a total bro about the whole thing and told her off immediately after she finally dumped me.[/DANGER ZONE]

Sorry about all that stupid teenage drama stuff, and I'm honestly a total chump for staying with her after she admitted she liked my friend even after she started crying. But, uh, yeah, that's the only time I've ever experienced >tfw gf so far.
Relics.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
Still, even though you feel foolish in retrospect, you are still leagues more mature for recognizing that you were being mistreated, while she probably still has no remorse at all.  You also have the advantage of knowing how awful a toxic relationship like that can be.  And whatever feminist theory or longstanding tradition says that women are more mature then men, I especially don't buy it for girls that age.  When it gets to be about time to head to college (in terms of age, whether or not you actually go to college), you'll find that - while girls like that are still too common - there will be more ladies who are a lot more level-headed.

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2014, 04:59:43 PM »
It actually took me quite some time to realize that she was mistreating me. I felt like the whole thing was my fault for being less "desirable" and overall sociable than my friend. Since what happened with me, he's been in three (possibly four) relationships, all of which were at least decent until he was sad about being dumped.
Relics.

« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
I had to double-check Urban Dictionary for what "wizard" meant in this context.  You hear a new one every day, I guess?

Print