Print

Author Topic: NSMB2 Coin Rush Records Thread  (Read 8364 times)

« on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
Because someone was going to post one of these anyway.

Just list the amount of coins collected in Coin Rush mode, the Level pack you chose, and whether or not you used Invincible Racoon Mario.

Here is my record:
Coins:11,168
Level Pack: Star
Played as: Regular Mario.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Is there any penalty for using White Raccoon Mario? I've yet to play Coin Rush.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
None I know of because I never use it, but there probably is, like being unable to use any other power ups (i.e. Gold Flower), or the amount of coins being reduced.

EDIT: I briefly demoed the White Racoon Mario option, and it seems you can't grab any other power ups, so you can't get nearly as many coins. Also, the coin counter will have a white tail in front of it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:17:25 PM by Electric »

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
I just broke my old record!

Coins: 17,442
Level Pack: Star
Played as: Regular Mario

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »
[darn]. I'm only up to about 3000. A lot of it seems to be about memorization and getting good levels.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
Here are a few tips to help you.

• If you grab a Mega Mushroom while using a Gold Flower, the Gold Flower will be stored in your item holder until you use it again.

• Gold Flowers will double the value of golden enemies, golden mushrooms, and Star Coins.

• W 5-A is a great place to get alot of coins without sacrificing time, because it is an auto-scroll stage. Just use your Gold Flower, stomp on the first Koopa you see, and then throw it onto the ship. Get every Koopa in the level to get hit by that shell after you jump through one of the level's many Gold Rings. Eventually, you will get 100 coins per Koopa.

• Touching the very top of the flagpole will double your amount of coins.

• Collecting Star Coins will net you 10, 20, and 50 coins, respectively.

• With some auto scroll stages, timing is key.

• You can destroy almost every enemy in the game with the Gold Flower, including Thwomps, Podobos, Spike Balls, and Dry Piranha Plants.

• Gold Brick Helmets will always contain 100 coins.

I hope these hints will be helpful. Happy collecting, everyone!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:33:08 PM by Electric »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
I'm at 4,000 something. Would've had 9,000 earlier today if I hadn't died on the third stage.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
Ludwig's Castle is a killer in Coin Rush. Getting through it with enough time to defeat him is hard enough, never mind the Star Coins.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:15:05 PM »
Coins: 30000
Level pack: Mushroom
Played as: Regular Mario

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »
21,520. Mushroom, Regular.

When you challenge someone's StreetPass record, do their coins from that run get added to your total? Seemed like it, but I might not have been paying attention.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »
Here's a video of someone hitting the cap of 30,000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKLoWq8EkbQ

Topping the flagpole on the first and second stages seems to be the single most important factor.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Capping the coin amount at 30,000 kind of takes away the competitive nature of coin rush. It's kind of like "Hey I got 30,000... now what?" since there's no further way to set a higher score.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

CrossEyed7

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »
Using a Midas Flower on the first stage is also important, as the coins you get in the first level are worth twice as much as coins in the second level, and four times as much as coins in the third level (assuming you're doubling at the end of each level, which you should be).

30,000 does seem like a low limit, yeah (even though I haven't hit it yet). Maybe they'll raise it with DLC?

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »
DownLoad Coins
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

A

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print