Print

Author Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker  (Read 10897 times)

« on: September 04, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
There isn't a topic about this game yet (given, release is way off yet) so I thought I'd make one.

I wonder if it'll have any instances of the Mario theme, or if Mario will make a cameo at all..?

The only thing I have a problem with with this game: Captain Toad doesn't appear to have jumping ability in this game. Apparently he didn't jump in stages similar to this in 3D World, but I don't have a Wii U..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:58:54 PM »
Being unable to jump generates half the challenge. You need to find other means to elevate yourself, then drop to lower levels to reach certain spots.

I have trouble imagining a full game being made out of those Toad segments, but hey.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »
I don't. Those segments were running only off of what 3D World already had, that is, enemies and platform types that weren't even specifically designed for that style of gameplay, and only one type of objective. And it worked fine. Now that gameplay style is the focus. Maybe it'll even have a special kind of bonus level in which Waluigi digs up graves for more treasure to give to Toad, and that'll be expanded to his own game afterward.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »
I wanted to see the Captain Toad stages expanded into a full game, and it from the trailer looks like they've expanded it tremendously.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
While I doubt Nintendo would release a $35-$50 Toad game, I think there's definitely potential for "Toad's Adventure" as a new game on the Virtual Console.
If this ends up being $60, I was technically still right.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:11:08 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »
There's a new trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BapVf3fVN6Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BapVf3fVN6Y</a>

I wasn't that excited for the game until I saw this, and I remembered how good Nintendo is at puzzle-platformers.

Also, it's cool that Toadette is playable!

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
If this ends up being $60, I was technically still right.

I think I saw where the game will be $40.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »
So Toadette finally outgrew her roster filler roots. Before Waluigi even!

I think her presence in this sort of indirectly proves that Captain Toad is supposed to be our main Toad. Guess he really did get a promotion after all.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 01:06:06 AM »
Those graphics are gorgeous up-close.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nV2PKIv5Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nV2PKIv5Y</a>

Here's the US trailer.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 09:46:36 PM »
I've been greatly anticipating this game since it was shown at E3, and this new footage really looks amazing! I played the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World and loved them, and I'm glad they took the core idea of those levels and fleshed it out into an entire game. I'm just hoping for a good number of original music; though the Super Mario 3D World soundtrack was fantastic, I want them to come up with something new instead of recycling/slightly modifying those tracks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:51:40 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
I've been playing this game and am confused about something:

Why does Toad scream DIAPER ADVENTURE at the start of every level?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 07:41:18 AM »
For the same reason Mario says "Mex-i-co!" in Mario 64 and the Yoshies sing "The @$$ho~le" in Yoshi's Story.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
For the same reason Mario says "Mex-i-co!" in Mario 64 a

Huh, that's a new one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
It's a goat arm!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 02:14:19 AM »
THE AIIIIIIIRPORRRRRRRRRRT, THE AIIIIIIIRPORRRRRRRRRRT

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
Dang, this game is out now? Could have sworn I preordered it.

What do you suppose the extent of the Amiibo connectivity will be? Extra stages, dare I say?

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »
Each compatible Amiibo unlocks a short story revealing information about the Captain Toad timeline

Print