Print

Author Topic: Can the GameCube win?  (Read 3350 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 22, 2002, 11:23:00 AM »
With all this new DVD technology that is being incorporated into the Xbox and PlayStation 2, you would think that Nintendo would do the same with their GameCube...

But no! They had to be independent and make their own machine their own way, instead of copying everyone else! And I think that's what has made Nintendo so successful; innovation and their own unique style!

Nintendo has always been unique when it comes to making games and game systems... When the Nintendo 64 was announced, everyone thought it would have a CD-ROM like the PlayStation. But Nintendo decided to not include one because they thought CD's were crappy; that they took to long to load.

But the one thing they missed out on was the enormous amount of data storage a CD can hold. Cartridges can only hold a limited amount of data, whereas CD's can hold endless amounts of data and are easier to develop...

So now that Nintendo has opted the GameCube with a new Mini-DVD technology, do you think they are on the right track? The GameCube may have extremely good graphics and games, but there is another thing that has made Nintendo seperate from the competition: DVD players and music CD players.

Nintendo believes that a videogame system is not about DVD's or CD players; they believe that a gaming system is about just videogames. I agree, but do you think many other people will think so?

Please post your comments to this topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 12:04:40 PM »
I think it is good they did not include dvd cd tech with the game cube. who really wants to watch or listen on a low quality player.

Game cube will not last unless nintendo gets there ass in gear I mean (I cant believe I am saying this) Sony made a smart move by making PS2 backword compatible It will prob last. XBOX well it is uh.... Gamecube has the best controller in my opinon but the XBOx has I nice feel I like the dreamcas that is why. The game cube will last but not as long as ps2.

I think they will die in the following order

1.XBOX
2.Game Cube
3.PS2

My way it would be

4.PS2
3.XBOX
2.GC
1.DC that is rite the Dreamcast

But I am dreaming

and CD media is limited to 650-700 MB a disc
and DVD 5-?20? GB.

------------------------------
It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/originalmtre/
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 02:35:27 PM »
I think they will die in this order.

1.Playstation 2
2. X-Box
3.GameCube

Sony has had the PS2 out for a while now, they'll probably make a Playstation 3. X-Box doesn't have many good games on it, and GameCube just came out, and it's going strong. Although, I wish the X-Box would die out right now. I hate it! It's so big and bulky, and.. I HATE HOCKEY!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 06:50:11 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but for me, the Gamecube will not die!!  It cannot die!!  Who wants a low-down, crappy DVD player in a system anyway?  Just buy a good DVD player instead!  And the XBox and the Playstation 2 are nothing without Mario!  They are just pieces of $#!t with crappy games!

Don't mess with Chargin Chuck, because he knows the Gamecube cannot die!
 n/a

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 07:16:25 PM »
That is what I said.

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 07:35:08 PM »
N64 survived being the cartridge system in a world of CD users...why wouldn't the cube? Plus Sonic games are coming out for it...now Ninty-fresh people can play Sonic games without fear of biased gamer retribution! JOY! ^..^

~The X-box is large enough to cause brain hemoraging if you hit someone in the head with it...my VCR isn't...~

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2002, 03:12:12 PM »
I think I already made my point but anyway, I hate the Xbox (it's so big and bulky) and I hate the Playstation 2.  I hate them so much, I cannot stand the sight of those filthy consoles!!

Microsoft should keep out of this and stick with computers.

Who dares challenge the word of Chargin Chuck?
 n/a

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2002, 05:46:44 PM »
Im glad to see nintendo independent! They have cool games and they don't copy one thing! What's about this spyro nintendo game I don't get it he is playstation that was a bad decscetion!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2002, 06:32:41 PM »
at mine (and johnbob's school) i took a survey with these results
gamecube:5(3 if include ps2)
xbox:3
ps2:3
as you can see, i need to survey more people but the results were this BEFORE christmas break
x-box:10
gamecube: 3
now the people i surveyed mostly liked x-box befor the chrsitmas break, most comments of the conversion was with x-box making only 3 party games, and not as many good sport games. my order of death is this
1.dreamcast(ok so its allready dead but still)
2.xbox
3.gamecube
4.ps2
5.(a new competitior)
6.(microsoft's new system)
7.(nintendo's new system)
note 5-7 that i said new systems and did not include sony.  my prediiction is that they will be 5.5 with a system that will not last very long.  my theroy is that nintendo is allready making (and perfecting, which makes them the best) the next system and games for it.  think about it, how often does it take games to be annoneced with a lot of info? one year.  with the gamecube we known it's arrival 2 years ago with little info on a lot of games that have not been around yet.  Add all that with the making of them system you get about 5 years, allmost how long ago the n64 was realeased!

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2002, 07:13:47 PM »
I think Gamecube will do well against the other systems because it is cheaper than the other systems and has better games. I even got a couple of friends of mine who are buying Playstation 2 to admit that Nintendo has better games.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2002, 11:10:41 AM »
I am with Chargin' Chuck.

The Xbox is crappy because Bill Gates has no experience with videogames whatsoever! Bill Gates/Microsoft is only in this to make millions of dollars (which the Xbox can't possibly profit on if it does bad...). So don't count on there being an Xbox 2; because at the rate the Xbox going, Microsoft will surely drop out of the videogame market at least by the end of the year!

Sony has had a good reputation for making good quality systems that are actually good competition... They have a good future, I think. And if they ever do make a PlayStation 3, then I'll be the first to play it!

Nintendo is the best, they always will be, always have been. Nintendo is the grandaddy of videogame entertainment (unless if you count Atari, but they suck!). Nintendo is the pioneer of good quality games. They practically invented RPG videogames; and if it weren't for them, there would be no Final Fantasy! Nintendo has also pioneered the world of platform/action games with their Super Mario Bros./Metroid games!

Without Nintendo, I'm pretty sure that the world of videogames would be just a memory...

So I'm here, supporting the Nintendo fans and PlayStation fans; because I think that both of them are great!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2002, 11:13:05 AM »
Besides... PlayStation is the only good competitor for Nintendo right now...

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2002, 05:47:49 PM »
Ya but XBox had potential.

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

Print