Print

Author Topic: Yoshi is cool... But what about Kirby?  (Read 8550 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 23, 2002, 11:09:57 AM »
What happened to the pink ball of fluff that swallows everything in site? Did he just disappear? Did HAL Labs and Nintendo forget about him?

Kirby 64 was cute... and hard. I have never played Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble yet...

Anyway, when will we see another Game Boy Kirby game that DOES NOT have him rolling around a giant pinball course? We need the old Kirby back! The kind that sucks up enemies and copies their attack powers!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 01:30:04 PM »
Kirby has a few games on the Game boy.
Kirby's Dream Land 1 & 2.

Why was Kirby called Kirby?
Because he is like a vaccum, and Kirby (the company, not the video game guy) is a type of vaccum.

Ever play Kirby's Super star? It's awesome!!! Especcially Revenge of MetaKnight! And Milky Way Wishes.

Say, do I know you?

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2002, 06:36:31 PM »
I read somewhere that Kirby is going to get his own cartoon this fall on Fox Kids... Read it in EGM...... I liked the Kirby games, but my friend and I have this strange liking towards the Samurai game (can't remember its name, I rented it) even though it is simply "push one button, repeat". And we always competed for LOW score on the Megaton Punch Contest.... My top (highest, not lowest) score was 201.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2002, 10:21:37 PM »
I seem to remeber an old poster that used to come by here. Fellow by the name of Kirby...
Funny thing is, I think he'd agree with your statement.
*Becomes nostalgic and waddles off to bed*

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 03:16:32 PM »
You're talking about Kirby Super Star? So excellent!
List of Kirby knowledge (At least my knowledge):

He was originally supposed to be a test dummy.
There is a KDL3 (kirby's DreamLand 3), only in Japan though. On the SNES.
Super Star is pretty rare in the US (I think)
Kirby's avalanche is like a Mean Bean Machine (Gensis) clone, but with voices and some other things.
And some more...
The ending for Revenge Of Meta-Knight (KSS) the ending is like a Mega Man X ending.
You see, the ship that they escape falls into the ocen while they fly off and watch, then they (Kirby or Mega Man) ride off, and the credits roll, showing the cast.

Meta-Knight looks like A Blue Kirby when you defeat him, right? He's blue, has little eyes, and a round mouth.

"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 07:45:10 PM »
kirby is an ok game  but  why dont they make more kirby dreamland  for the gameboy game system   but  they so far have only made kirby tilt n tumble i mean come on whats wrong with nintendo  has kirby gone to tilting and pinball games  nintendo might  bring back the kirby dreamland games hope fully  i  doubt it...   but  mario is a  more better game than kirby

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 07:49:17 PM »
I think the Kirby games are too easy.... my opinion though.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2002, 09:17:48 PM »
For the last time:
THERE IS A KDL 1 and 2 on the GB!
KIRBY GAMES ARE PRETTY HARD! Every try to beat Milky Way Wishies without dying? Impossible.

I heard they are making a GameCube and GBA version of Tilt n' Tumble. The GBA is like a conrtoller for it (all thank the GC to GBA link cable!).

Kirby once startred out as a test dummy for a game, and in now what we see today. Cool.

Kirby, man does he hold my attention. I sit down at My computer to play some obselete and Japanese ROMs and I'm hooked on them more than Mario!

I heard the Kirby anime is coming to FOX Kids in the fall.

My fandom chart:
Mario: 9/10. Gotta love a red plumber and his brother!
Kirby: 10/10. Test dummy to superstar. Engrossing games that are eye candy, mind twisters, and plain all-out fun. Need I say more?
Sonic: 7/10. A speedy blue hedgehog. That's the all of it.
*FACT: Sonic was the first one to have a waiting position in his sprite.*
Crash Bandicoot: ?/10. I don't even play the games!

(>^_^>) WELCOME TO GENERAL KIRBY CHAT! <(^_^<)

Who's General Kirby? :) LOL

Total Games of Kirby played:
KA (NES)
KDL1 (GB)
KDL3 (SNES)
KSS (SNES)
Dream Course (SNES)
Avalanche (SNES)
----------
6 games (not much, but 6 awesome games (13 if you break down Super-Star) is pretty good and rare.

How in the world do you emulate Tilt n' Tumble? I think there's a special emulator with character mapping that has the tilt sensor.

Weird: IN Kirby's Adventure. Meta-Knight gives you super Lollipops, than you have to battle his cohorts. What gives?

Who IS Meta-Knight?: He is Kirb'y Alter-Ego. Like Wario is to Mario. He is good, But when he found that Kirby was the hero, he planned revenge. Now he is bad.
M-K:I just want to have my own game!
Me: You do. Revenge of Meta-Knight.
M-K: That's a mini part of Super-Star, and I get dwoned and killed. What gives? I want a game where I am the main character! I demand it!
Me: Ask HAL and Nintendo.
M-K: I can't wait! *Zoom!* Bye!

(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 11:41:32 AM »
Yeah, that old 'pink ball of fluff' is pretty cool, but what I wans is Ness and Earthbound!
 n/a

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 01:18:46 PM »
Kirby 101% kirbys the best!

Hey!, what about Nintendo: Kirby64 - The Crystal Shards ?

About kirby:
---------------

Some call him a puffball, some call him a marshmallow, but most people prefer to simply call him Kirby. Kirby first entered the third dimension in Super Smash Bros., and he's starring in his very own adventure on Nintendo 64!

If you check out the super-stylized screen shots for this game, you'll notice that Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards is awash in the cheerful colors beloved of school lunch-box designers from Sapporo to Kyoto. The backstory scores high on the cute-o-meter, too, with Kirby and friends valiantly fighting to save the peaceful fairy folk of Ripple Star from the marauding Dark Matter. Fans of Super Mario RPG will recognize similar plot elements from that Super NES classic, as Kirby and friends must round up six pieces of a shattered magical crystal in order to set things right.

The story is secondary to one of the most memorable video-game characters to grace any platform. As in earlier Game Boy and Super NES (Kirby's Dream Land 3) incarnations, Kirby has the amazing power to inhale enemies, acquire their attacks, then unleash them in brilliant new ways.

For example, after inhaling a fiery enemy, Kirby can make a red-hot run through the opposition. After inhaling a rock enemy, Kirby can don a stony shield and bowl over the competition. Swallowing two similar enemies ratchets up Kirby's power even more. A big part of the fun in Kirby 64 is experimenting with different Power Combo mixtures to find all of Kirby's special powers. In all, Kirby can use nearly 30 different combinations to take out foes and avoid the many obstacles in its path.

Kirby 64 is primarily a 2-½D platformer, with Kirby following a track left, right, up and down through picture-perfect landscapes strongly reminiscent of Yoshi's Story. Besides permitting gorgeous graphics, the 2-½D approach allows developer HAL Laboratories (Pokémon Stadium) to concentrate on the play control, which brilliantly conveys the feeling of Kirby flying, floating, rolling and swimming.

Kirby 64 is primarily a one-player adventure, but three minigames allow as many as four players to mix it up. Kirby 64 is the perfect game for beginning players, and even expert adventurers can find a challenge by trying to find 100% of the hidden Shards.

Even though we may never figure out exactly what Kirby is made out of, there's no doubt that Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards delivers some serious fun.

KIRBY RULES!!!!!!!!
<-------------------->

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2002, 02:45:48 PM »
I love kirbys super star its a fun game! kirbys a good characater next to mario whos next to Yoshi....

Mario and Yoshi rule! The Nintendo Gamecube is the BEST Video Game System! X-Box is the worst! Member sence January,23,2002.

Should I put something here?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2002, 11:53:10 AM »
I rented Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards a few months ago, and it is SO MUCH DANG BLASTIN'FUN!

The game is everything I had hoped it would be...for a 3D Kirby game: bright cheerful colorful levels filled with a ton of cute and "cuddly' enemies. I loved the 2 1/2 dimensions used for the layout design of the levels...much more detailed than the crummy blurry "3D" sprites crap used in Yoshi's Story...
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
There is a new GameBoy Advance Kirby game being made...but it's not Kirby's Tilt-'n'-Tumble as you might expect. No, this is a brand new sidescrolling platformer that brings back the old classic style of the Kirby games we all know and love! Called 'Kirby GBA' [tentative title], this new game was first shown at E3 2002. Go to E3.nintendo.com for more info.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2002, 03:59:12 PM »
I have a video of that too! And G&W Gallery 4, Super Mario Sunshine, SMA3, and Mario Party 4. All of these games look EXTREMELY promising! I especcially like the scene where Kirby is sleeping and a whole lotta Sleep Guys (What IS their name?). Looks so funny!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Kirby GBA:
Gameplay/Powers:It looks like a cross between Kirby's Adventure and Super Star. There is Mike, Cutter, Wheel, Spark, Parasol, Ice,  Sword, Light, Beam, Suplex, Stone and some others that I've seen. It looks very good. It seems the Spark Ability has become more wide-range and has turned green. The Stone ability looks like Kirby re-morphs himself into a rock! For Suplex there will be a single attack and Multi-Crush attack. You can even freeze Cutters! I think the Power usage will be one button + Guard. No sign of helpers yet.
Graphics: Looks Very Fluid. The individual movements of Kirby swimming and moving are very smooth. No One pose-into-another-very-differerent-pose from the previous games! Even the Parasol floating and Suplex movements are smooth!
Sounds:
-Music: None yet. E3 Preview videos have no actual stage music yet. :)
-Sound: Very close to SuperStar. Crisp, accurate, and very useful.
-Voices: New! When Kirby gets hit and only has one HP Remaining, he lets out a sort of "Whaaa!" Sound.
Characters: All the classics!! Even thos weird bats are back! Meta-Knight, Bonkers, and most likely, King Dedede are back.
Storyline: None Yet!
Kirby Says: <(^^<) "Yay!"
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Yikes! In Super Mario Sunshine, most of the baddies are bigger than Mario! Sone are even bigger than Bowser, I bet!!
BTW, There is a full-page interview with Shigeru Miyamoto in June's Nick Mag. It is titled "Super Mario Father". It talks about stuff he does and others. It also has a screenshot of SMS.
Shiggy's Quote:
"I still can't beat my kids at Super Smash Bros.!"
LOL! :O

(>'')> Kirby <(''<)

Wow!
Kirby's Rainbow Resort has finally been updated with a new look!!
Kirby says: (>'.')> "Whoa."

Bye!
Also, Visit General Kirby chat. It's on forum #5! Blab on and on about Kirby there!

"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2002, 03:59:48 PM »
I have a video of that too! And G&W Gallery 4, Super Mario Sunshine, SMA3, and Mario Party 4. All of these games look EXTREMELY promising! I especcially like the scene where Kirby is sleeping and a whole lotta Sleep Guys (What IS their name?). Looks so funny!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Kirby GBA:
Gameplay/Powers:It looks like a cross between Kirby's Adventure and Super Star. There is Mike, Cutter, Wheel, Spark, Parasol, Ice,  Sword, Light, Beam, Suplex, Stone and some others that I've seen. It looks very good. It seems the Spark Ability has become more wide-range and has turned green. The Stone ability looks like Kirby re-morphs himself into a rock! For Suplex there will be a single attack and Multi-Crush attack. You can even freeze Cutters! I think the Power usage will be one button + Guard. No sign of helpers yet.
Graphics: Looks Very Fluid. The individual movements of Kirby swimming and moving are very smooth. No One pose-into-another-very-differerent-pose from the previous games! Even the Parasol floating and Suplex movements are smooth!
Sounds:
-Music: None yet. E3 Preview videos have no actual stage music yet. :)
-Sound: Very close to SuperStar. Crisp, accurate, and very useful.
-Voices: New! When Kirby gets hit and only has one HP Remaining, he lets out a sort of "Whaaa!" Sound.
Characters: All the classics!! Even thos weird bats are back! Meta-Knight, Bonkers, and most likely, King Dedede are back.
Storyline: None Yet!
Kirby Says: <(^^<) "Yay!"
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Yikes! In Super Mario Sunshine, most of the baddies are bigger than Mario! Sone are even bigger than Bowser, I bet!!
BTW, There is a full-page interview with Shigeru Miyamoto in June's Nick Mag. It is titled "Super Mario Father". It talks about stuff he does and others. It also has a screenshot of SMS.
Shiggy's Quote:
"I still can't beat my kids at Super Smash Bros.!"
LOL! :O

(>'')> Kirby <(''<)

Wow!
Kirby's Rainbow Resort has finally been updated with a new look!!
Kirby says: (>'.')> "Whoa."

Bye!
Also, Visit General Kirby chat. It's on forum #5! Blab on and on about Kirby there!

Yoshi-esque Kirby characters:
ChuChu and Gooey

"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2002, 05:05:16 PM »
Well the original Kirby's Dream Land is way too easy now, and Yes, when I rented the game, I was able to beat Milky Way Wishes without dying (Though I do hate that one boss that is kinda like an RPG battle, he is SOOOOOO cheap)

I had a hard time with Revenge of Metaknight for some reason. I don't get it but....

~I.S.~

Print