Print

Author Topic: Anyone LIKE the new zelda graphics  (Read 5057 times)

« on: July 19, 2002, 04:46:24 PM »
Maybe it's me but the new zelda is kinda cool looking to me. I always disliked OoT's link.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 01:18:02 PM »
I LOVE all of the different kinds of GFX! Even the new kind!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 10:57:00 PM »
I love those cell shaded graphics! Its like playing a cartoon!

Three guys are walking down the street. Two of them walk into a bar. The other one ducks.
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2002, 12:37:09 AM »
i like the graphics too!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2002, 12:52:50 AM »
They are indeed cool. Ol' Shigeru always said he wanted to make an interactive cartoon!

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2002, 09:37:14 AM »
I think most people do like the new graphics. But there's alot of people who can't except the new look. I think it's a great change of pace.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2002, 10:54:58 AM »
I think that it's stupid. Why would nintendo want to **** up a great franchise they had. The new Zelda looks stupid and immature.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 01:50:12 PM »
I LOVE it!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 03:07:36 PM »
I can think of something else thats stupid and immature...... Anyways cell shaded graphics are a great change of pace, and Nintendo is making a good coice with this.  Cell shadded games like Cel Damage are pretty cool. Its like Looney Tunes meets Twisted Metal!

Edited by - Super Mario 123187 on 7/28/2002 2:09:42 PM
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 03:33:55 PM »
i think it looks like a baby game I wonder if Ganons in this one if he is he must look like a goof

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 08:48:57 PM »
Reborn probably has the best graphics of any game ever and definately does NOT look like a baby game in any way. I take it you haven't seen the NGC dvd, where it has Shigsy playing through a dungeon?

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman
Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 11:09:32 AM »
Unusual, yet cool.
 n/a

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 12:10:59 PM »
I agree with many of you about the new cel-shaded graphics of Zelda for GameCube. Actually, the Zelda series has been a bit cartoony...well, the characters do have a distinctive 'unrealistic' look to them. And describing Cel-Damage as a cross between Looney Tunes and Twisted Metal is a good point!

It seems that the new Zelda game will ultimately be the best in the series. It has already recieved plenty of hype to be considered as a worthy successor to the Ocarina of Time.

There is one thing that is a bit confusing. Since when did Link have a sister? I have two theories for this:

1. This game is a prequel that is set BEFORE the entire Zelda legend ever existed. Meaning that this game takes place before Ganon's first conquering of Hyrule in Ocarina of Time.

2. This new Zleda game tells the story of a completely new Link--unrelated to the other Links in the past games. It probably takes place after the events of the two Oracle games [on Game Boy Color].

We'll just have to wait for either an announcement from Shigeru Miyamoto, or until the game is eventually released...
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/4/2002 11:11:41 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2002, 11:10:30 PM »
Even if people don't like the graphics, what'cha gonna do about it? Like a few disgruntled "fans" are gonna stop some visionary thing by the greatest game designer ever? Pant pant

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2002, 11:25:34 PM »
The N64 Zelda games look cartoonish to me anyway. It's strange, because Mario 64 looks more real than the Zelda things... hmm. Maybe that's because Mario was supposed to have cartoonish graphics, and the Zelda games were trying to emulate more realistic artwork. Hmm. Anyway, this new Zelda game looks like it's going back to the NES roots of the series. Maybe that's how it's really supposed to look.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

Print