Print

Author Topic: ...PS2? ...Xbox? ...GameCube? Which one should I buy?  (Read 12657 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2002, 12:10:22 AM »
The main reason I say stay with cube is that Nintendo's the only good console AND software company (there are a few good third-party companies, but Nintendo's the best all around.) And DVD players? If you seriously want a game system, get a GameCube, and I know that half of the people with computers have DVD players, I have one on mine!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2002, 05:31:46 AM »
Since the PS2 is so old, then why are people still buying it like it was just released? Okay, I admit the Xbox lacks in good games, but it makes up for that fact that it has the most powerful graphics processor ever made for a console! That can't be beat!

Also, the Box controller is big and bulky, but don't forget that Microsoft recently released the new smaller version called Controller S. I have used the new controller, and I think it is much better than the original for multiple reasons:

1. It is smaller (obviously) and easier to hold.
2. The A B X and Y buttons are smaller and positioned in a more traditional circular pattern.
3. The analog sticks are shaped so they fit your thumbs (it is much better than the round analog sticks of the old controller).

I actually prefer the Controller S over the PS2 controller (yes all the buttons on the XBox controllers are pressure sensitive) - the Controller S is easier to use and more comforatable to hold.

But the 'Cube beats all competitors! The controller is unmatched - perfect button layout and very comfortable, the games are the best of any first-party company, and Nintendo is known for making great game software...that's what has made them so successful over the years!

So, I would have to choose a GameCube for Nintendo's games - secondly, an XBox simply for the downloadable soundtrack feature and the great graphics power...
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2002, 02:05:55 PM »
I don't really care about the size of the processor of ANY system!
I care about the gaming experience!

My friends PS2 scratched her Charlie's Angels DVD movie!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2002, 02:06:22 PM »
I don't really care about the size of the processor of ANY system!
I care about the gaming experience!

My friends PS2 scratched her Charlie's Angels DVD movie!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2002, 08:09:55 PM »
Xbox? Most powerful graphics? You must be Joe King. Xbox has crummy textures and low polygons. PS2 has even worse graphics.
GameCube has the best controller, the best games, the best characters, the best price, is the newest of the three, the best loading time, the best gameplay experience, the smallest size, I could go on and on...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2002, 08:12:09 PM »
Oh yeah, and at my local Target, all the 'cubes were sold out and all the stupid Xboxes and PS2s were left sitting on the shelf. There was even this father one time telling his kid how PS2 had no good games, and what did he want that was on PS2 anyway, and the kid replied, "the golf game."
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2002, 05:32:58 AM »
Well...I guess Microsoft has been lying to us all the time about the true power (or UNpower) of the Xbox. B*stards! I would still choose a PS2 PLUS a GameCube because Sony has been very successful in the videogame industry so far...

Besides, who cares about how many polygons or textures the graphics can push in a game? N64 had hardly any anti-aliasing in it at all, and look how good it did!
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2002, 04:00:41 PM »
What does Chupperson Weird have against first person shooters?
They kick arse!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2002, 09:53:42 PM »
What I dislike about FPSs is that they're mindless, promote violence, bad concept, and I could go on and on.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2002, 12:55:56 AM »
Oh yes, Mario Maniac, I don't care whatsoever really about the actual graphics quality (except the N64 was the best thing there was at its time of release) as long as the game is good. So far, I have not played any game on PlayStation (includes PS2) that I thought was good, except maybe SSX tricky (also on GCN) and Dave Mirra (also on GCN).
Anyway, I was just saying how people think XBOX is so great, and how all the propaganda says so, but it's really not.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2002, 11:36:36 PM »
of course gamecube. my sig favors that.

crash: gamecube is cool.
spyro: of course it is.
mario: only cause im on it.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2002, 05:29:04 AM »
What about all the Final Fantasy games on PlayStation1? And what about Grand Theft Auto 3 on PS2? Those games are good!

Xbox really has no good games for it yet...That will change as soon as Blinx the Timesweeper is released this holiday season.

So what if the PS2 has crummy graphics? It's not the graphics that count - it's the GAMES! Nintendo's got the games, that's why the 'Cube is selling so good! PS2 has the games, that's why it's selling so good! Xbox doesn't have the games, that's why nobody is buying it!

I still despise Microsoft for buying Rare...B@stards! Sony is cooler than Microsoft becasuse they have a multi-million dollar system that is still selling very good! Same with Nintendo - if it wasn't for the big N, there would be no PlayStation or any other console for that matter! Nintendo is what made consoles popular in the first place...because of the NES!

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2002, 07:25:03 AM »
Heeeeeeeeeeeere's the lineup:

On a scale of ten:

system

PS2  *******
XBox ********
GCN  ***********

Games:

XBox *****
PS2  ******
GCN  ********************************************************************************************************************************

Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2002, 10:58:27 AM »
I see Yellow Yoshi prefers the Xbox over the PS2... There's one person besides me who thinks the Xbox has better technology than PS2!

And yes, GameCube has the best games because Nintendo makes the best games! Good ol' Nintendo...always sticking by our sides!

Another topic -
When GameCube is gone, what system will you buy then?

It depends on which system is still around when Nintendo switches to 3rd-party software development...right? I would pick the Xbox, because I think Nintendo will support that more due to it's extra processing power and advanced graphics.
---

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2002, 03:32:38 PM »
The new Nintendo!

That's what i'd get!

AND THIS IS TO X-BOX!
................/´¯/)
.............,/¯../ /
............/..../ /
....../´¯/`...`/´¯¯.`·¸
.../`/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.(`(...´...´.... ¯_/`...`/
..\.................`...../
...`\`...\.......... _.·´