Print

Author Topic: Can Microsoft succeed in the videogame console business?  (Read 2199 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: September 26, 2002, 05:31:06 AM »
Now that Microsoft has (unfortunately) entered into the tight competition of the videogame console business with their Xbox, can they succeed like Sony did with the PlayStation?

I think the Xbox may do good for the first few years...but in the long run, Sony and Nintendo will beat Microsoft because they are more well-respected in the videogame industry and both companies have gotten much praise for their innovative technology.

What's Microsoft doen to deserve such praise and respect - NOTHING!
---

That is MY opinion on this subject. I welcome anyone who disagrees with my views (or even supports them) to post your replies...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 10:55:08 PM »
I sure hope Xbox fails. The last thing people need is another choice to take away from Nintendo. Of course, I really wish Sony would shrivel up and blow away too...
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 05:27:53 PM »
I sure hope Xbox fails to Bill Gate does have a lot of money so he can suppert it for about 5 years. I know he won't lower the price..

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 07:29:14 PM »
How many times must I say this?!
Bill Gates does not equal Xbox!!

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 08:05:06 PM »
Microsoft will succeed, unfortunately. Some people like features such as insane memory capacity and the ability to play music while playing a game. I know this because I've been having a heated debate with an Xbox owner over the past 3 days. And he's got large hands, so he doesn't mind the horrible chunky controller. I was absolutely devastated to find out that Microsoft is going to be buying up Squaresoft in a few years, I sure hope Nintendo gets their act together and saves the SMRPG characters from oblivion before then. Actually, everyone was laughing at my reaction of complete shock-horror. Well, you try screeching, "Noooooooo! What about Mallow and Geno?!" in school hallway and see if you don't get funny looks. :p

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 09:17:03 PM »
Say it ain't so!
Are you kidding? Xbox? Square? HAH! In "a few years", maybe Square will see how unwise Rare was to be acquired by Microsoft!

That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 07:49:21 AM »
I thought that Square and Nintendo made up? Aren't they working together now? Well thats what I heard anyway.
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2002, 04:43:13 PM »
Not "working together", actually. They are back on 'speaking terms', though. They worked together, left altogether, then sort of came back. Rare will do the same. It's inevitable.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #3:

Girl: Hey, we`re all calling this guy up and yelling at him. You want to try?
Frostbite: Why would I do that?
Girl: He`s really mean. He calls people crackers.
Frostbite: So? Why should I care?
Girl: You`d want to be called an hors d`oeuvre?
Frostbite: If you think crackers are hors d`oeuvres, you must be poor.
Girl: Ew!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2002, 11:30:22 PM »
I wholeheartedly hope so. Not that I really care about Rare or anything... but it's a monstrosity, this new conglomeration. It's also a conflagration. Whoops, wrong topic.

That was a joke.

Print