Print

Author Topic: Can Nintendo bounce back and get ahead of Xbox?  (Read 7325 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 14, 2002, 10:45:46 AM »
Sales of GameCube hardware in the U.S. are lackluster compared to Xbox. Nintendo is behind over 500,000 units, which places Microsoft in the lead - for now. I think Nintendo will take the lead once again when Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda are eventually released...

Metroid Prime is one of the highest-anticipated titles of 2002. It has recieved so much hype that it's nearly impossible to avoid!

The next chapter in the Zelda series may be cartoon-shaded, but it will surely outsell any title Microsoft has to offer due to the Zelda series' success in past versions.

All Microsoft has to offer this holiday is Xbox Live - their online gaming service that promises to change the world of videogames as we know it. Microsoft has already failed in Japan, because the Xbox is NOT selling well over there at all!

So in a way, Nintendo has a better advantage because of their commitment to great game development - not to mention their hefty amount of top franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. All Microsoft has to offer is their Xbox live service, but I can assure you it's nothing big to get excited about...

What do you think? Can Nintendo take the lead away from Microsoft?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 05:32:26 PM »
Of course they will, Nintendo's the Babe Ruth of video games. It's always looked at as the best and the thing that paved the way for today's Sony's and Microsofts.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 10:43:47 PM »
You forgot Starfox. If people actually played SFA for a while, no one would even want an Xbox.
XBOX SHALL DIE!!
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAH!!

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 06:31:08 AM »
This is war - the battle between good and evil - Nintendo (good) versus Microsoft (evil).

Nintendo has always survivied countless threats from rival companies - from Sega, to Sony, and now Microsoft. Nintendo has always found ways to fight back and to never give up, even when the chances are against them!

This is almost the same situation that Nintendo was in during the N64/PlayStation battle, PlayStation was ahead in sales, but good ol' Nintendo found a way to fight back with the release of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and that (plus Super Smash Bros. and the Mario Party series) kept the N64 going on for 6 long years!

So Nintendo isn't in any trouble, you can keep your hopes up that Nintendo will find a way to fight the Xbox threats - that comeback will be with Metroid Prime...the most highly anticipated game of 2002 (besides Grand Theft Auto: Vice City)!

Nintendo will never give up to failure, NEVER! Nintendo will always fight to the end, even if the chances are against them! Fight on Nintendo, beat the Xbox and pummel Microsoft to the ground!

Another thing: Nintendo isn't really focused on battling Sony anymore. Microsoft is posing the real threat to Nintendo. Sony's PS2 has already proven to be the industry leader that will never be touched.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 08:11:51 AM »
Nintendo will fight on, and beat the Xbox and Microsoft's threats! Go Nintendo!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 01:07:52 PM »
UPDATE: This article was taken from gamesindustrybiz.com - it shows that Microsoft has already failed in the console business with their Xbox...

Microsoft reveals scale of Xbox losses

Rob Fahey 15:30 15/11/2002
Console business is Microsoft's biggest money pit

The full scale of the losses Microsoft is incurring in its drive to establish a foothold in the console business were revealed today, with the giant corporation filing figures with the American Securities and Exchange Commission which show its Home and Entertainment Division, which covers the Xbox business, making a bigger loss than any other non-profitable division of the company.

For the three months ended September 30, the division reported losses of $177 million on revenues of $505 million - higher than last years figure of $68 million, but with investment in Xbox Live still ramping up and further price cuts to the hardware a possibility, the losses may not yet have peaked.

Other non-profitable divisions included the mobile devices business, which is currently attempting to break into the hugely competitive mobile phone market, and the MSN internet service. These divisions lost $33 million and $97 million respectively.

Of course, the overall picture is a lot brighter - the company's two profitable divisions, namely operating systems and software, make a profit of $3.5 billion between them, more than enough to fund the losses elsewhere. Microsoft is certainly hurting because of Xbox, but gritting its teeth and pushing forward isn't likely to be a difficult decision for a company with $30 billion in the bank.

Microsoft needs a foothold in the living room and a serious competitor to the PlayStation, and spending billions of dollars now is likely to be peanuts in the long term. As consoles become more powerful and multi-functional, this is no longer going to be a battle about games, but rather about the future of consumer computing - and the Redmond-based giant isn't about to surrender that vital territory to Sony without a fight.

Source:BBC News

---------------------------------------------
So you see, I was right all along! Xbox has failed...and Nintendo and Sony have nothing to worry about. Xbox Live - an online gaming service for the Xbox - is Microsoft's only hope to resurrect any futures of the Xbox's success.

HA HA! Stupid Microsoft! They've lost millions of dollars from the Xbox! Sony had better sales within the first week of the PlayStation's launch!

This goes to show you that Microsoft has no idea what they are doing with their video games. They are experimenting with trial-and-error on the public, who just don't seem to be interested in any of Microsoft's business with the video games industry!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 10:26:14 PM »
Yeah... they missed the trial-and-error phase of Video Games by about 25 years...
But still, I view Xbox and Microsoft as separate entities, because I have nothing against the computer Microsoft.
How can you be mad at Billy when he gave $100,000,000 to the health people in India?

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2002, 05:34:08 PM »
You forgot Starfox. If people actually played SFA for a while, no one would even want an Xbox.
XBOX SHALL DIE!!
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAH!!

Comments: Very true

Another thing, that's just US sales, the Xbox is A complete FAILURE in Japan. Gamecube like kills the competition over there.
 n/a

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2002, 06:04:23 PM »
XBOX SUX Nintendo will destroy XBOX once and for all. As I say
"On top of a building there was some blood that's where I shot Bill Gates with a 42 slug, I went to his funeral and saw his grave people threw flowers but I threw gernades. The janitor caught me and sent me to bed, I took out my shotgun and blew off his head." Funny huh? my friend made it up. I chose to hate Bill Gates because he bought Rare Ware.

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2002, 09:47:00 PM »
No, it's not funny.
Why are you mad at dear Mr. Gates? As I've said MANY times before, he is not to blame. People need to learn not to immediately associate Bill Gates with Microsoft, because he is not the man behind the company anymore.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2002, 09:57:43 AM »
You know what's kind of ironic, most people respect Nintendo and Sony for their achievements in the videogame industry - though hardly anyone likes Microsoft's Xbox!

That goes to show you that Japanese videogame companies are far superior and more well-respected than their United States counterparts!

Nintendo and Sony will never fail the videogame industry! They will live on forever!
-----------------

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2002, 07:46:50 PM »
Though I do not like XBox we must face the facts. GCN kinda sucks. Thats right I said it. I own it and like it and do not wish to part with it but it does have many flaws. The biggest is that Nintendo isn't making too many good games for it. There are a few but every time I open a new issue of GI both Sony and Microsoft have many games in preview Nintendo has one or two and usually they dont look too good. Sony and Microsoft both have many games in review most good many mediocre and some bad Nintendo has a couple either both bad one good and one mediocre or both mediocre. If the big N doesnt pull its head out of its *** soon they could very well be crushed over the years.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2002, 08:40:24 PM »
Microsft's doing trial and error, but they're doing more error than trial.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nintendo may not have the best of the best graphics, but they make the best games out of everyone. M$ may have Halo and all that other crap, but you remember that M$ and Sony get other idiots to make their games and do their dirty work. Nintendo balences out their branches, puting in equal effort to all areas. M$ and Sony only put effort into games.

Also, have you noticed that whenever Xbox fanboys (those sick, twisted children) defend the Xbox, they defend it with Halo? What the heck is up with that? Halo was like, a launch game. It's over. They're going fast as they can to get out Halo 2, but it won't have the same effect. It'll just be one more thing added to the list of respectable Xbox games, which is pathetic: Halo, and Blinx.

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Now threatening to sue Nintendo for not giving us water guns anything special for working our butts off in SMS.
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2002, 01:32:32 AM »
Yeah...
Ooze, I have to say YOU'RE SO WRONG...
Anyway... It doesn't matter what magazines say about the games, as long as I know they're good. SFA and SMS rock. Agreed?
Nintendo is the best! WooHOo!

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2002, 12:55:32 PM »
Now that I realize it, Xbox isn't too bad. Despite it having bad sales in Japan (Japan seems to dislike American companies and products), the Xbox has some decency left in it.

The new Controller S - a SMALLER, better designed version of the Xbox controller - is one of the better controllers I've used (GameCube's is the best, though). The main buttons are placed perfectly, in the traditional circular pattern seen on the Dreamcast controller. The dual analog sticks react pretty well, though not as good as GameCube's! The new Controller S may ease some gamers who thought the original controller was too big and bulky (like us)!

The Xbox may be doing poorly in Japan, but it is doing very well in other parts of the world - mainly the U.S. Since Microsoft is based in the U.S., they are mainly marketing the Xbox to the American public. Xbox is also receiving success in Europe.

Microsoft's new online gaming service - Xbox Live - has recieved tons of support from big third-party companies. That is Microsoft's key strategy for cementing their Xbox into the world of video gamers!

Microsoft also has plenty of experience with PC games. They develop and publish their own line of popular PC games; now Microsoft is simply trying a new form of entertainment with home consoles.

Even if the Xbox fails, Microsoft will still have plenty of money left to make a comeback - which they obviously will. Microsoft has already made plans for an Xbox2!

NOTE: I am NOT an Xbox fanboy. I love Nintendo and their games/systems dearly, and I would never think about switching to a newbie like Microsoft anytime soon. I'm just saying that we should give Microsoft a chance, they may turn out to be the next dominant console manufacturer (unlikely, but still possible).

Nintendo is still the best, though.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2002, 09:04:56 PM »
Uhh... yeah, their computer games are great. Like this one I got for $5, Motocross Madness... it's cool. But then, Microsoft isn't making many (if any) games for Xbox. All the stupid second-party developers they have hired only make bad games.
But Xbox 2? That's preposterous.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2002, 10:54:32 PM »
I stand by what I said before Microsoft mostly sucks, GCN is o.k. but Sony is on top. Stone me if you will. Oh and I think that GI is right on most of the time. They even gave SFA an extremely high rating of 9.75 out of 10.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2002, 12:25:35 AM »
WAH HOO!!!!

But what's GI?

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2002, 06:32:45 AM »
How dare you diss the mighty Nintendo GameCube! Nintendo makes better games than Sony... and the PS2 is losing support anyway, so why would you still invest in it?

PS2 is good, but Nintendo is the best!

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2002, 05:19:32 PM »
I did not diss the GCN I just said it's not nearly as good as Nintendos previous systems. Nintendo started downhill with the N64 and GCN is better it's just not as good as the NES or SNES. I still invest in PS2 because it has the games I like. I am not too huge on family friendly games. I like games like DOOM and GTA Vice City. Mario and Zelda are the exceptions. I thought Nintendo would start making more mature games but all they have produced are survival horror titles. I hate survival horror. I want violance good graphics and good gameplay the GCN has two out of the three making it my second system. PS2 has all three making it the best IN MY OPINION. XBOX just plain sucks. GI is Game Informer the best gamming mag out there.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2002, 12:14:25 AM »
Why do you want "mature" games? They're nothing. Games like SMS and SFA are the best kind. In other words, Miyamoto games. There are only a few other series that are nearly as good as Shiggy's games (i. e. Mega Man)
GTA and DOOM... I just don't get those games. They hold absolutely no meaning for me. "Violent" games are a complete waste of time, space and money if you ask me.
And I'd have to disagree that GCN isn't as good as SNES... In my opinion, GCN is the best console yet, because it has SMS and SFA... the two greatest games I have ever played. N64... what was wrong with N64? There's nothing wrong with it. NES... classic, but not the greatest. I mean, It had some good games (Mario and Mega Man games, among other Miyamoto classics) but the scope of Miyamoto's newer games vastly outdo the old ones.
Survival Horror... eechh. Capcom's only good series is Mega Man. Heh.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2002, 08:18:53 AM »
Mega Man and Street Fighter - two of Capcom's classics!

Can you believe the amount of support Nintendo is recieving from big 3rd-party companies! Capcom has annouced 5 exclusive games for GameCube, and now Square is coming back with two new Final Fantasy games for both the GameCube and Game Boy Advance! Also, Sega has given GameCube exclusive Sonic games and Super Monkey Ball!

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2002, 05:58:44 PM »
Well everyone has different game preferances and thier own fav system. I like mostly violent games. However it must have fun gameplay. You guys seem to like the more tame platformer. Fine by me. DOOM is fun for me because some of it takes place in Hell :) it has many demons and it's full of bloody violent action. In real life I am extremely passize.I have been in one or two fights ever. Even then when I was young. These violent games serve as an alternate to my real life. In real life I'm a wimp in violent games Im a bad@ss! I like GTA Vice City because I get to be on the bad guys side and it's very immersive new gameplay. GTA Vice City isn't just what you hear about in the media. You only get the tip of the iceberg. Of course you just may not care for its style of gameplay. If I went by what I saw on the front and back of the Mario games boxes I would gather that it is a gay little kids game. But since I played the games I know theyre solid platformers with fun gameplay. So anyway lets just end the debate here before it gets out of hand. Everyone has different tastes. I wont put yours down in front of you if you dont put down mine in front of me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2002, 10:40:27 PM »
Uhh... sure, whatever. I just have a natural aversion to violence. And gore. And junk like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2002, 03:37:49 PM »
This GIF I have shows just what will happen to the Xbox once Nintendo picks back up.

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2002, 12:08:38 AM »
Yup. Definitely.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2002, 12:14:21 PM »
I agree that XBOX can't and probably won't be as good as GC.  At least for me since I like Shiggy's games like Mario, Zelda, etc.  And, I don't care for the violent and FPS games on xbox (and psII).  The other console makers just don't have games with a following like Nintendo's classic characters.  Sega tried, but now Sonic is on the GC.

The thing that helps sells of xbox and ps2 is that they can play dvds.  Xbox is even rumored to be working on a version that will record live tv, mp3s, etc. on its hard drive and maybe even have a mouse and keyboard.  That would increase their sells to people who are looking for more entertainment features than just playing games.  For me though, it seems that Nintendo will be the best as far as the games are concerned.

Some people have said that Nintendo consoles have been going down hill.  The N64 wasn't as good as the SNES?  Of course, the N64 was a better system then the SNES, it's just that the SNES had a lot of, and some of the best games ever.  Third party game designers started moving to PS since it was much cheaper to make thier disks then the N64 carts.  Now that the GC has disks, they have been making a lot more games for Nintendo allbeit in some cases crappy games like were on the PS1.  Eventually, I think that more of the big game makers like Squaresoft, Rare, Capcom, ..., and Nintendo will make a lot more QUALITY games for the GC.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2002, 01:16:50 PM »
DONOT INSULT SONY!!!! I LOVE SONY MORE THAN THE 64 OR GCN!!!!! What is wrong with you people why are you all so against violent games?...........whoa I really lost it there.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2002, 11:38:55 PM »
Sony shall die. Die, PS2! Die!
Sony has virtually no quality games. Sony has no good third party support, except Square, who is now moving back to Nintendo. Xbox only has Rare, who as far as I'm concerned, only made two good games.
Violent games are a waste of time, space, and money. Shiggy's games are WAY better.
The other two consoles are pretty well worthless, because they don't have:
Mario
Link
Star Fox
F-Zero
Metroid
Kirby
Mega Man (yes, Mega Man is on PlayStation... but the games aren't very good AT ALL)
Heck... even Sonic!
And other various GOOD games... which Xbox and PS2 will NEVER have!
The fact that Xbox is selling more right now just shows the mass populace's ignorance!!

With all the third-party support that Nintendo is getting, with more soon to come, it's clear that Nintendo will always come out on top, eventually.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/24/2002 9:48:42 PM
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 12:34:53 PM »

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/25/2002 10:37:18 AM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2002, 12:35:10 PM »

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/25/2002 10:37:41 AM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2002, 12:35:10 PM »
Wow, I think ooze is taking this a little too personally! Chupperson Weird, I respect your opinions on Nintendo, I completely agree with you. Nintendo is the best video game and console developer ever to grace the entertainment world! Sony is okay, they do have some pretty good 3rd-party games - as well as some good first-party ones (Gran Turismo series, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank). Yes, Sony publishes and develops their own line of games. Sony may be in the lead for now, but as long as Nintendo keeps racking up this exclusive 3rd-party support, Nintendo will once again be on top!

Did you realize that more and more 3rd-party companies - Capcom, Square, SEGA, and Namco - are developing exclusive games for Nintendo systems, and that currently the GameCube is recieving MORE 3rd-party support than the PS2!

Nintendo is doing very well right now! Congratulations, looks like all this time hard work eventually paid off!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/25/2002 10:40:48 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2002, 12:18:17 AM »
Hmm. Yeah, I admit the there are a few games that are good on PS2*... although I have no experience with the ones you just mentioned... I guess that it's more suited to 3D stuff and not the Mega Man games... well, at least Capcom's making more of the X series for Nintendo again...

*But it's nowhere near the amount of good games on GCN.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2002, 01:06:03 PM »
UPDATE: Xbox Live...Microsoft's key strategy to staying in the console business...

I just went to TeamXbox.com and saw an article that is posted below:

Xbox Live: 150K Strong
11.22.2002 @ 09:50 AM

Microsoft Corp. today announced that the Xbox Live TM service, the first comprehensive, online game arena fully dedicated to fast-action broadband gaming experiences, has sold 150,000 Xbox Live Starter Kits. Because each Xbox Live account allows guest players, more than 200,000 players have already found their friends, talked trash, and started building their legends in the last week. Xbox Live is the first high-speed online console gaming service to reach these important milestones in the first week of service, including the first subscription-based broadband service to surpass 100,000 subscribers.

Virtually every Xbox Live Starter Kit at retail locations across the United States and Canada has sold out in less than one week of availability, but new shipments of Starter Kits are already on retail shelves and will be replenished throughout the holiday season. For $49.95 (estimated retail price), the Xbox Live Starter Kit includes a one-year subscription to the Xbox Live service, an Xbox TM Communicator headset and two online trial versions: "MotoGP" from THQ and "Whacked!TM" from Microsoft Game Studios. In addition, a diverse lineup of nine great Xbox Live-enabled games are available at retail, including "Unreal Championship" from Infogrames Inc., "MechAssaultTM" from Microsoft Game Studios, and "SEGA SportsTM NBA 2K3" from SEGA. "SEGA SportsTM NFL 2K3" and "SEGA SportsTM NHL® 2K3" are also available at retail.

Sales of Xbox Live-enabled games also have shot up as much as 120 percent* in the last week, and Xbox hardware sales have experienced an 18 percent week-over-week increase in the first week of Xbox Live Starter Kit availability, building on strong demand driven by a holiday offer that includes the console, DVD remote and two games for $199 (ERP).

"Wow, what a first week! More people played Xbox Live in its first week than attended the last two Super Bowls, and have played more games in one week than in the entire history of the National Football League, National Basketball Associations, National Hockey League and Major League Baseball combined. Game players have loudly demonstrated they can't find enough hours in the day to compete in the online arena," said J Allard, general manager of Xbox at Microsoft. "It's been amazing to talk to and play with and against so many players all over the United States and Canada, and this is just the beginning of the online revolution that will fundamentally change video games and digital entertainment forever."

"We sold out our entire inventory of Xbox Live Starter Kits almost immediately, and we've seen increases in sales of both Xbox hardware and software as well," said Dan DeMatteo, president of GameStop Inc. "Xbox is clearly very popular this holiday season."

Xbox Live represents the next step in video games, in which people from around the world come together in an online arena to play sports, action and racing games with friends and rivals, and talk with each other as they play. In just one week on Xbox Live, 200,000 online game players and their friends did the following:

-Completed more than 5 million games, approximately 500 games per minute
-Played more than 1 million hours of gameplay. That's more than 114 years worth of straight gameplay in just one week.
-Played more games than have been played in the history of the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB combined

On Nov. 30, game players in France, Germany and the United Kingdom will enter the Xbox Live online arena as part of an Xbox Live Test Drive in those countries. Xbox Live players will be able to compete in cross-Atlantic battles of "MotoGP." On March 14, 2003, the one-year anniversary of the Xbox console in Europe, Xbox Live will launch in eight European countries: France, Germany and the United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Sweden. In Japan, players of Xbox Live are currently conducting a beta test of the service and will be able to enter the global online arena on Jan. 16, 2003.

Xbox Live sells 150,000 units... That is great news for Microsoft, but bad news for Nintendo fans. Nintendo had better think of a good strategy to fight back, or else who knows what might happen! The Legend of Zelda isn't going to be released until February of 2003, and we're only in November of 2002! ...what to do, Nintendo, what to do...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/26/2002 11:17:37 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2002, 11:30:09 PM »
Uhh... hmm. Nintendo already has their modems out? That was quiet.
Anyway, Zelda isn't the only thing worth waiting for in the near future...

Now I will rant some more.
Okay, first off, I thought about what Ooze was saying about Sega...
Sega mishandled their business. They tried to gain support by slamming Nintendo. It's just the same as now, Apple is trying to slam Microsoft. That just makes me dislike Apple even more. Instead of capitalizing on Macintosh's good qualities, they try to exaggerate Windows's bad qualities. Same with how Sega did it; they thought the way to do it was insult the people who preferred Nintendo over Sega.

Also, I realized that even the former Sony-only characters are moving over to GameCube! See? Everyone likes all their favorite stuff on one console.

Now, to Xbox Live...
"More people played Xbox Live in its first week than attended the last two Super Bowls, and have played more games in one week than in the entire history of the National Football League, National Basketball Associations, National Hockey League and Major League Baseball combined." I find this very hard to believe. And I don't believe it, because of the way it is worded.
Ahem: More people played it than attended the last two Super Bowls? Well, one thing, the majority of Super Bowl watchers watched it on TV; the stadiums can't hold that many people, duh! And if the second part is true, then they must have pretty short attention spans. Besides, it's a lopsided statement, considering the way sporting events are distributed throughout the year.
Yeah, and talking trash is a REALLY IMPORTANT milestone... talk about worthless...
Ahh, I feel better now...

Now, some good GCN news...

"REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 21, 2002 – In the kingdom of fun, it’s the subjects who speak the loudest. Today those subjects, America’s youth, spoke with one voice, choosing exclusive Nintendo GameCube games as their holiday gift list favorites.

In America’s biggest toy test, NBC Today’s Toy Test 2002, America’s kids and teens played and ranked the following titles, available exclusively for Nintendo GameCube, as the hottest video games for the holidays:

1. Metroid Prime
2. Super Mario Sunshine
5. Mario Party 4
6. Star Fox Adventures (CW: WOOHOO!!)
7. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
9. Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Infogrames)
14. Super Monkey Ball 2 (SEGA)

In addition to these seven exclusive Nintendo GameCube games, the Toy Test 2002 list includes five titles available on Nintendo GameCube and a competing system. This brings the total number of Nintendo GameCube games on the Toy Test list of 19 top games to 12.

"The rankings speak volumes about Nintendo’s ability to place its finger on the pulse of every type of game fan when developing video games," says Peter MacDougall, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "This further illustrates that Nintendo's commitment to quality games is paying off."

To pick this year's winners, consumer specialist Herb Weisbaum allowed thousands of kids an advance peek at 73 games that are due for release on Nintendo GameCube, Sony PlayStation 2, and Microsoft Xbox. The goal of this one-of-a-kind video game test was to provide parents a holiday shopping list of video games that have been approved by thousands of kids and teens. More than 10,000 ratings were tallied during the two-week exhibit at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. To ensure a "family friendly" exhibit, no games were shown that rated above Teen (T) or portrayed realistic animated violence."

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/26/2002 10:39:11 PM
That was a joke.

Print