Print

Author Topic: Ever wanted to make a Mario game?  (Read 28350 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2003, 05:01:17 PM »
Hey the Ztar road idea sounds cool!
maybe you could blend it into my story line. The basic of my story was like this:
all villians finally smarten up and team up together to finally defeat the infamous Mario bros! The game kinda goes from Bowsers view at first and it basically explains some shockers(that I invented) such as Smithy being a Mercenary to Bowser, with whom he had hired to crash his own castle, just so he could find more info on Mario. another shocker(one of the most unpopular on this board im afraid) is that Bowser had some of his troops trained secretly, so they could go under cover and then brief the rest of the troops on mario. Who are these you ask? none other that marios party from Paper Mario! They do this  and Bowser takes over every inch of the mushroom kingdom (with the help of the Ztar road :P)  Then, for the party members I had Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Mallow, Geno, Yoshi, and the most surprising of all...DK! ya see, also in this saga we find out that Tatanga, Wart, and King K. Rool are actually Bowsers cousins! and now that they have teamed up not only are the areas in TMK doomed but so are the DK isles!

There that should be enough briefing for the game story line...I have a few ideas inbetween...and one of the major things I have is all the stats, enemy lists, items and everything all in word documents!

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 6/6/2003 11:21:32 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2003, 05:11:42 PM »
Maybe Dark Mario and Dark Luigi would be a good choice for a bad guy. Like Dark Link but tougher. Also, they would make a wish to make the mario bros. little kids, kinda like DragonBall GT. And thinking of TLOZ:A Link To The Past the dark mario bros. came from the dark world...That would be cool. Kinda like slapping in storys from different things. Anyways I think I might to MIDI if I still have room with Maestro 'cause I think he can take care of it all..
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2003, 08:55:42 PM »
hey! I invented Dark Mario! I've got the avatars and sprite sheets to prove it!

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2003, 09:02:37 PM »
...That's great, CashCrazed... :)  Actually, I could make a sprite of Ztar if you want. I recommend we use and base sprites from SMRPG.

So far--SMRPG style--I've made Daisy, Wendy O. Koopa, Tayce T., Twink (iffy), Luigi (iffy--he's basically Mario in green), and several Mushroom people.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2003, 08:15:08 AM »
Well, it's just...  the sprites I need to use need to go up, down, left, and right.  Most of the sprites in MRPG are diagonals.  As for the Ztar sprites, we won't really need them.  You'll find out later.  As for your idea, Marionut#1, I think we should just leave it to Mario and Geno.  There's really nothing wrong with your idea, just it would be kind of... hard to do all that.  You'll see, this will turn out cool.  BTW, how about we start up our own website where we post our games for all to see?  I even thought up a name: Gamer's Haven.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2003, 10:07:52 AM »
GAMES!? You mean more than one game? Great. I'll go and make one then. :) By the way, can I be the main webmaster of our page? In fact ... I've never revealed this, but I've actually been working on a site for us. I'll change the name ro Gamer's Haven, and post a hyperlink when I'm ready. :)

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.

Edited by - Yoshi6 on 6/4/2003 9:16:54 AM
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2003, 10:20:42 AM »
That's okay. What game should we base the sprites on, then? I'd recommend SMW: SMA2, SMB3 (SMAS/SMA4 style), SMA (SMB2), and YI. Probably whichever game best represents the appearance of each individual character.

I can provide sprites, still. 2-D is actually easier to work with in creating new ones. You need positions from the front, sides, and back, right? I'll see what I can do...

Oh yeah, I also remember in SMRPG style I made Kamek, Kammy Koopa, and several multi-colored Magikoopas, and a questionable-looking Koopa Troopa.

Anyhoo, tell me any sprites specifically you'd want. Sprites--creating them and providing ones from games--are my specialty.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/4/2003 10:35:50 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2003, 10:41:02 AM »
I think the whole Mario and Geno saving Ztar road thing is a good idea, but is there any chance Wario could be in this game? Wario's cool.

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2003, 10:53:25 AM »
Oh yeah, shall Gamer's Haven be a domain name? I can make it a '.tk' webpage, for example 'http://www.gamershaven.tk'.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2003, 10:54:47 AM »
I'd recommend having Wario (and Waluigi) in it, but as a non-starring role. It'd be cool if you discover that they're secretly working for Bowser (or Ztar or whomever the boss is)--but only for their own advantage.

I think Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Geno, Toad and maybe Daisy would make a cool team. Maybe incorporating other teammate from like Paper Mario, too. Of course, you could only have 4 out at a time in battle.

Peach could join your team, and about halfway into the adventure, she could get kidnapped. Maybe she could get rescued close to the end, but with enough time to join the team again. I don't think Yoshi or Luigi or anyone else getting kidnapped would be a good idea.

And that'd be cool, Yoshi6! Our own website! ^_^

--------------------

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2003, 10:58:58 AM »
Why don't we actually base our RPG on us, instead of Mario?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2003, 11:09:38 AM »
Mario would be more fun, IMO. Besides, that was already attempted in the "Ever wanted to be in a video game?" thread.  If we're gonna have a site where we make, have, and play *multiple* games, why not do BOTH? :)

--------------------

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2003, 11:15:13 AM »
Oh. I guess I never thought of that.

I know it's a bit rubbish, but check out the following address.

www.geocities.com/gamers0haven

Heh. It's ours. I'm gonna design a logo tonight. Bye!

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2003, 11:15:52 AM »
Oh. I guess I never thought of that.

I know it's a bit rubbish, but check out the following address.

www.geocities.com/gamers0haven

Heh. It's ours. I'm gonna design a logo tonight. Bye!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2003, 11:30:46 AM »
Groovy! ;)  ...What's with the "0" in the URL, if I may ask? Tell me what I can do to help out with it. ;)

--------------------

Print