Print

Author Topic: The next Game Boy system...  (Read 1611 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 19, 2003, 12:44:29 PM »
I recently designed a new version of the Game Boy called Game Boy Ultima. It will have all of the same features as the GBA-SP (rechargeable battery, front-lit screen, clamshell folding design, etc.) but the graphics would be completely 3D polygonal, like the upcoming PSP. The sound would be in stereo, with 2 speakers on either side of the screen.

There will be 2 additional buttons, X and Y, like on the Super NES controller, and there will be an analog control stick. The shoulder buttons would remain the same, with the "click" sound when you press them in completely.

The system would be optical disc-based, like the PSP, and would have an extra cartridge slot to play older Game Boy titles, thus not losing it's backwards-compatibility feature.

I have a feeling that Nintendo's new Game Boy will be much more powerful and advanced than the current version, if they want to compete with Sony's PSP...

===================================================

~Fixing stretched-out screen... ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/21/2003 12:54:00 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 01:52:23 PM »
Completely 3D polygonal?  But why take a step back?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 02:32:29 PM »
Mario Maniac, you have heard, of course, that the GBA is NOT competing with the PSP, and vice-versa?

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.

"I don''t want to live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman

That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 05:41:50 PM »
I think it would be cool to have a Game Boy 64. It could have tons of N64 games on it. But the controls would be a mess! A,B,Joystick, C Buttons,L,R,Z...
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Print