Print

Author Topic: Worst Videogame-based cartoons  (Read 5248 times)

« on: September 06, 2003, 04:26:31 PM »
Like movies, most videogame based cartoons suck. Heres the worst of the worst:

1.Donkey Kong Country
The DKC characters may look crappy, but on the cartoon, they look even worse. What's with the constant frowning? And are they really primates, or ducks?

2.The Adventures of Sonic the Heghog
Terrible character design, poor animation and having Steve "The Geek" Urkle play the voice of Sonic? This is why everyone hates DiC.

3.The Legend of Zelda
Terrible. Just plain terrible. And if you don't like what I'm saying, you can always say "Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Alucard".

4.Mega Man
Yeah, I know. Some of you liked this cartoon, but I didn't. Why is he so buff?

5.Super Mario Bros.: Super Show
Even though the sequals were pretty good, the first wasn't. Caption Lou Albono is even worse at playing Mario than Bob Hoskins.

6.Sonic Underground
Sonic's a prince? He has siblings? Ridiculous.

7.Double Dragon
Almost as bad as the movie. Almost.

8.Battle Toads
Another bad cartoon, based on a great Rare game.

9.Earthworm Jim
Man. This is a stinker. It could have been worse though. What if they had a Boogerman cartoon?

10. Mortal Kombat
This isn't as bad as Ahnilation, but not by much!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!

Edited by - Alucard on 9/20/2003 4:03:05 PM
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 04:29:49 PM »
Note: These are all opinions. I'm not trying to start flame wars. Sorry if you are offended.

Die, father, die!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
I disagree with most of the cartoons you listed.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show was a great cartoon! At least it stayed true to the games, unlike the terrible Super Mario Bros. movie...

I never Saw the Legend of Zelda, I just hope Nintendo makes a new Zelda cartoon. A Zelda anime would be great, because the style of the characters look apporopriately like anime.

Mega Man was a fun cartoon to watch. The characters looked strange, but it was still a fun cartoon, lots of humor.

Donkey Kong Country was TERRIBLE! It was pretty funny at times though, but the basic mundane plots of the cartoons were unimaginitive.

Kirby: Right Back At Ya! is a fun cartoon to watch, it captures the cute and fun spirit of the Kirby games perfectly. Everyone loves Kirby!

You forgot to mention Pokemon. Those cartoons are terrible (in my opinion). The stories are pretty interesting at times, and it has plenty of humor, but Pokemon is just too childish for me.

I have always wanted to see a Metroid animated series. The Metroid series is amazing, and I thought the Metroid comic that Nintendo Power published in one of their issues was sweet!

I would love to see a new Mario cartoon! Possibly based on Super Mario Sunshine, or Super Mario 64... I think everyone here agrees with this.

=============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 07:12:24 PM »
"9.Earthworm Jim
Man. This is a stinker. It could have been worse though. What if they had a Boogerman cartoon?"

Oh man... How can you say that? I haven't seen the cartoon in a couple years, but I do know I used to love it. I remember it being quite humorous. I'm shocked.

"10. Kirby: Right Back At 'Cha
Ha! Thought I would not put any anime on this list, did ya? Well, the fact of the matter is, this anime really sucks. Sorry Kirby fans!"

Actually, you already had an Anime on there. The original Mega Man cartoon, which you had listed, was Anime.

I, too, disagree with many of your choices, considering you listed a large portion of the Videogame-based-cartoons.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 08:03:20 PM »
"9.Earthworm Jim
Man. This is a stinker. It could have been worse though. What if they had a Boogerman cartoon?"

?. !. Well. Earthworm Jim was possibly my favorite cartoon ever. :( It certainly could have been worse.

BLACK MAGE AND LIZARD DUDE AGREEMENT #5247

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 08:25:03 PM »
I don't think he means the original Mega Man cartoon. I think he means the American one. (Unless that was Anime too, even though it didn't look like it, in which case my point is moot.)

Heh. Kirby Right Back At Ya is one of the best and downright funniest cartoons I've ever seen. I love it.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.

That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 11:00:12 PM »
There was a Double Dragon movie?!?!??!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 07:19:40 AM »
First off, Mario Maniac. There was no Metroid cartoon, but Mother Brain is one of the villians of Captan N. But don't get your hope up of seeing Samus- She only appeared in the comic version. Also, Black Mage. The Mega Man cartoon (before NT Warrior) was not an anime. It was made in America. And the reason why I said was because of really stupid storylines, horrible character design and Proto Man being Dr. Whily's right hand man. He's a good guy, for pete sake. But like I said, it's an opinion. The reason why I did not put Pokemon, is because, even though I don't like that show, there are worser cartoons based off of video games than that. And finally, yes Deezer, there was a Double Dragon movie. So terrible, not many people remember it. It's odd. People can still remember crap, like Super Mario Bros. (the movie, of coarse), but not bigger piles, like Mortal Kombat: Anileation or Double Dragon.

Die, father, die!

Edited by - Alucard on 9/7/2003 6:36:32 AM

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 07:31:56 AM »
Well, Mario Maniac. So does Pokemon, and no one likes that anymore. Anyway, I agree with all, but SMB:SS. I loved that cartoon. Also, I don't agree about Earthworm Jim or Kirby. I do however big time agree on Mega Man being on the list. I have always hated that cartoon.

I''m a big shot, thats no doubt. Light a fire and pee it out!
Don''t like it? Kiss my rump!
Let''s do the Peter Griffen Bump!
Can''t touch me!!
Can''t touch me!!
Can''t touch me!!
Ecxept for you! You can touch me!-Peter Griffen (Family Guy)
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 12:04:22 PM »
I can't believe you didn't like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog! That was my FAVORITE cartoon EVER! Oh, well. Eveyone's entitled to his own oponion. Anyway, I thought SMB:SS was pretty good, too.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 12:21:21 PM »
Listen everyone....I doubt any of you ever saw this, but it is by far the worst cartoon based on a video game ever. Back in the 70's or 80's I don't know, I wasn't born yet, they had a Pac-Man cartoon. Trust me. It was awfl. Ok, I'm only 15 but I saw it on a channel called Boomerang which is a channel about old cartoons. Here's the basic info about it.

Pac-man lives in a Pac people village where they all live with everything shaped like a circle. Everytime, they are just living their lives until the ghosts come along, and then Pac-man eats a power pill, and eats them. THat's it. It was like The Flinstones except with Pac Man.

First off, very bad animation. It was skippy, and the colors often mixed up or were incorrect. Also, the chracaters were very poorly drawn. They were very ugly too. They tried to make them look like real people shaped like Pac People. The result: Horribly drawn figures. Also, they even had a Pac-cat and Pac-Dog which provided cheesy comic relief. Also very badly drawn. The plots were always the same except with a new twist each time. It was basically like any othr Hanna-Barbar cartoon, except they used Pac Man in place of Fred Flinstone or George Jetson. The awful repetitive plots combined with the crude animation provided for one of the worst cartoons ever made. It had little to none to do with the game besides ghosts and the dots that they ate. THat's all.

If you want more information on it, check to see if you have the channel Boomerang. They show it every once in a while. Also, I agree with other people. THe first Mario Bros. cartoons weren't very good. The Mario Bros 3 were the best. They stuck exactly to the game. THe Mario World ones were alright, but the addition  of the cave people was a bit goofy and dumb. The  Legend of Zelda cartoon wasn't bad but good either. I never really saw Captain N, but I saw a couple of the Donkey Kong Cartoons. They were alright, but not the best. Sonic cartoons were badically Bugs Bunny gags and jokes recycled into a Sonic cartoon. Earthworm Jim I never saw, and Kirby Right Back At Ya'! (Note: It's Ya' not cha') is a good show. The extra characters like Tiff and Tuff are really annoying, but I like how they have many elements of the game in there. Pokemon is a bad cartoon. The new Sonic Cartoons looks pretty good, but they only showed the first episode so far so it could turn out to stink after the first few episodes.

Sorry for this huge post. I just got carried away in my mind!

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 01:38:36 PM »
 I've seen the old Pac-man cartoon, although it's been a relatively long time since then.

What I remember most about it was the Christmas Special.

It wasn't very good, but hey, what else are you going to do with a game like Pac-man?

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 04:20:55 PM »
I liked that Pac-Man cartoon. Also, yeah, the Zelda cartoon was bad. Your calling that Pac-Man cartoon repetitive? Not as much as the Zelda cartoon. How many times have you heared Link say his really, really obnoxious and out of character catch phrase "well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess". That was pretty messed up. I know you said it was average, but it was bad. If you disagree, you could always say "well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Alucard".

Die, father, die!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2003, 06:09:05 PM »
You forgot Yu-gi-oh.  That sucks.

<P>But I strongly disagree with your thoughts on Kirby's cartoon.  They use a special kind of 3D animation to make those N.M.E. monsters.  And it's really funny!

Proud to be an American!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2003, 06:22:15 PM »
JMan, Yu-Gi-Oh! was a cartoon before it was a video game. And it was a card game before it was a cartoon I think. I'm not sure. Any Yu-gi-oh fans know the answer? I don't like it. It's pretty dumb.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 07:12:57 PM »
I can't watch any Nintendo cartoon. They all bore me to death, no matter how much I like the characters. Why do all the Yu-Gi-Oh! products say 1996 Kazuki Takahashi? Is that franchise 7 years old?

X-Box ans PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 09:25:21 PM »
First of all the newest video game based Cartoons ,ex. Kirby,Sonic X,Megaman NT Warrior and Pokemon are pretty good.Second Pokemon is not Complete Crud The upcoming pokemon advance season looks to be pretty good I dont care what you say I think Pokemon is cool Please dont hate me for that.Oh yeah for the record Pokemon has a fanbase as big as this one.

Attack my Pikmin army
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2003, 04:59:52 PM »
Hey, I was just kidding about Kirby. I agree with a guy. The Pokemon cartoon is not the best anime, and it is kinda dumb, but it's still alot better than that old, crappy Mega Man cartoon, or the old American made Sonic cartoons. Man though, I just found out that Urkal STILL plays Sonic. Geez, when will they hire someone new, for pete sake? Anyway, the cartoon that will be taking Kirby's place on the list will be... (see for yourself).

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2003, 07:35:10 PM »
 Jman is right, you forgot yu-gi-oh. Ok, some of you might like yu-gi-oh, but I think it's just stupid. But thats MY opinion...... I don't want to start a roit. But there is one thing I like about yu-gi-oh..... and that is yu-gi's hair style...... hahahaha

lookie lookie everyone~!~ I''m a cat _-Quack-_
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2003, 07:42:02 PM »
They're making the ninja turtles into a video game for GC and GBA, based on the cartoon.  I want to get the "heroes on a half shell" for GBA.

I love being a turtle!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2003, 03:05:08 PM »
I like Kirby Right Back at Ya! and Super Mario Bros. Super Show, but the others pretty much sucked.

Who said being physicaly impossible is physicaly impossible?-Me using AR on SMS
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2003, 04:02:54 PM »
most videogame based shows are terrible because they are changed from the games they are based off (and lazy artists and unimaginative writers don't help). But really, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show wouldn't have done very well at all if it hadn't been changed at least a little. This was a time when there were only two mario games to go off of. Now, there are so many mario games that, if some company were to make a cartoon based on more than one or two of them, it would be a very nice cartoon indeed.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print