Print

Author Topic: Best Video Game Based Cartoon  (Read 5307 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: November 19, 2003, 03:40:22 PM »
Like movies, most video game based cartoons suck. But most of these cartoons are pretty good:

1.Mega Man: NT Warrior
An excellent cartoon! It has only one flaw, that I can't remember right now, but who cares!

2.Earthworm Jim
Wow! An American made video game cartoon that doesn't suck? Odd!

3.Pokemon
It may be kiddieish, but it really does the Pokemon justice pretty well.

4.Sonic X
It does have a few flaws, but dang, it's still pretty fun to watch.

5.Sonic the Heghog: Catch your Tails, loose your Knukles
In Japan, this was actually an OVA. To bad ADV only release one episode (which was also the last).

6.Final Fantasy Unlimited
Just like the video game. Even has it's own Cid.

7.Street Fighter II
The live action Street Fighter movie may have sucked, but this one was okay.

8.Street Fighter Alpha
This one wasn't as good as the first Street Fighter anime movie, but it was still good.

9.Capitan N: The Game Master
Sure, the character designs are very flawed, but at least it had some good storys.

10.The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
Ridiculos plots? Yes. Awful character designs? Also yes. But it is always fun to see one of your favorite games as a cartoon.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 11/22/2003 5:11:45 AM
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 03:56:26 PM »
I'll give it to Megaman, any of the Mario shows, Sonic SatAM and Adventures of Sonic, oh! Earthworm Jim too.

But you didn't mention any of Hanna Barbera's old shows like Pac-Man and Space Ace or the likes. XD I didn't care for those anyways.

And I haven't really watched and of the new stuff except the Megaman Exe once. I'm not fond of them.

DO THE DR. MARIO!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 04:16:12 PM »
I absolutely loved the old Sonic the hedgehog cartoons.  He's my favorite cartoon character.  So as you can imagine, I was psyched when I found out about Sonic X.  I like Kirby's cartoon as well.  I think if it were just entirely based on the Kirby video games, it would be better.  But the animation on that show is fantastic.  It's not as crappy and scratchy as some cartoons (*cough Pokemon *cough)  Anyway, they used to have some of the best cartoons on television.  Sonic the hedgehog, Super Mario bros. 3, and all other good cartoons I forgot to mention.  But those two aren't kiddish to any extent.  I still watch them today.  And man, do they bring back memories.

Proud to be an American!

And now you know, the rest of the story.

Edited by - Jman on 1/10/2004 7:16:57 AM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 05:06:59 PM »
Actually, I was joking about liking the Kirby cartoon. I just said it because I ran out of ideas at the time. I will change it now. I'm sorry. I know some of you do like it. But I don't. Kirby babbles like an idiot, Tiff, Tuff, and Escargoon are really annoying, King Dedede, as I remember, is not evil (it even said so in Kirby: Nightmare in dreamland), Kirby is a Pink Puffball, not a star warrior, I don't ever remeber when Kirby was called a baby and Metaknight, while not Kirby's nemesis, was never his ally either. Thats okay if you people like it, but I don't. Sorry. My opinion. Also, I don't like the old Sonic cartoons either. Sorry!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 07:32:29 PM »
*scratches head*
I could swear I've seen this somewhere before...

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 07:44:54 PM »
I breed extreme dislike for Sonic Underground

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 09:20:55 PM »
Yeah, no thanks to those gay retards at 4Kids, Kirby's show is really screwed up.  If it weren't for 4Kids, Pokemon would have been even better than it was, and Kirby would actually be able to talk.  I have him talk in all the storylines I've written for the cartoon. (If I worked for them, you'd see Kirby talking and not "Babbling like an idiot" as Lonic said.)  You can tell they put a lot of effort into the animation and special effects of Kirby, Right back at ya!  Even though the latest episodes have seemed like half efforts.  I think they did a better job with Sonic X.

Proud to be an American!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 11:53:07 PM »
Super Mario World the cartoon OwnZ

It takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen.
It takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2003, 07:17:53 AM »
I know what you mean Jman. Did you know in Japan, Pokemon is not as kiddy as it is over here? It's true. There was one episode were a guy was holding a gun up to Ash's head, and there was another episode were Jessie curses out Misty. Too bad. 4Kids doesn't want to bring those episodes to America. How did I find this out? Well, I got a little help from a fellow anime fan. Also, for those who actually watch the cartoon (like me), remember that episode entitled, Beauty and the Beach? Well, on the uncut episode, while getting dress up as a girl for the beauty contest (as ussaul), James put fake breast on. 4Kids cut out this scene, making it "G Rated". I'm also sure you all know about the episode that gave kids seisures, right? Of coarse, even though Pokemon is not as kiddy over in Japan as it is over here, it's still a kids cartoon.

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 11/22/2003 5:37:38 AM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2003, 09:34:15 AM »
They actually had an episode where Ash had a gun up to his head?  That's like a Pokemon hater's dream come true.  I suppose that he didn't get shot, though.  Jessie curses out Misty?  Oh, that would be hilarious!  Just show it at about 12:00 Midnight when most Pokemon fans are asleep.  Then they won't hear Jessie swear her head off.

Proud to be an American!

Proud to be an American!

Edited by - Jman on 11/22/2003 7:38:29 AM

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 02:26:55 PM »
LOL, James actually put on fake breasts?

She's drunk; it's funny!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 11/24/2003 12:27:28 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 06:13:45 PM »
They should make Christmas specials for all the Fox cartoons, like Sonic and Kirby.

Proud to be an American!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 10:17:52 PM »
*shudder*

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 12:32:33 PM »
They should really bring back the old cartoons.

Proud to be an American!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 01:56:21 PM »
After reading this topic through, I must put in my two cents.

The Kirby cartoon is great. It's well done, funny, and fun to watch. Sure, they changed some details and added things here and there, but another thing I must point out is that it is set before the games take place. And Kirby himself is HILARIOUS!

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 04:22:58 PM »
I couldn't agree more with what CW just said.

Proud to be an American!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 12:11:30 PM »
Thats two peoples opinion. Still, I don't like it. And I still want to kill Tiff & Tuff! *If I may quote Marioguy, kills Tiff & Tuff*

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 07:37:36 PM »
Yeah, we understand Lonic.  Still doesn't stop me from liking it.  Man, you must really hate Tiff and Tuff.

Proud to be an American!

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2003, 08:35:26 PM »
screw them,What about chris? That a-hole should be shot for being a spotlite hog in Sonic X.

The square root of a flexnard is a cup full of boogers-Carl,Jimmy Neutron
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 02:10:38 PM »
Yes, he is annoying. But still. Heck, even Ash Ketchum is better than Tiff & Tuff. In fact, I think Il'l make a new anti story soon! }:)

GameNOW 4 lyfe! Luigi hated it when he crapped his pants. Boo!

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2004, 12:13:45 AM »
How bout we start a "Most annoying character ina cartoon series" tournament?

Visit Maddox.xmission.com it''''''''s cool and stuff.
and Remember kids,don''''t call me gringo or f**kin beaner.
Quote of the week:First of all, I don''t even know what this is. If it''s supposed to be a dog, then it''s the sh*ttiest dog I''ve ever seen. F
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2004, 09:20:30 AM »
Okay.  My pick would have to be Baxter Stockman from the new TMNT cartoon.  But I don't think he was half this annoying in the old cartoon.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 05:11:26 PM »
The DIC Sonic and Mario cartoons may not have been that popular (not my opinion, but to many other people), but I think they're classics that deserve to be passed down from generation to generation.

-Making your way in the world today DOES take everything you''ve got!-

Jman

• Score
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 07:33:26 PM »
I found out that Stockman was a nerd on the old TMNT show.  Surprised to see this topic back from the dead.  I still say Sonic is one of the best VG characters ever.

Jman''''s various quote of the week #2: I would have to say that the Quizno''s spongemonkeys are quite possibly the worst mascots ever created.  Worse even than William Hung hosting the FoxBox.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 09:59:57 AM »
(I only read the first few posts so if someone already said any of this, please forgive me) My brother actually showed me that scene from the Japanese Pokemon episode when James has the inflated breast, and it's funny because it deflates while Jessie's talking to Misty, and he blows it back up. Just about everyone knows about the seizure episode, and I read about the one when the guy sticks that gun right at Ash's nose (funny because in one of the older ones that was released in America, some other guy stuck a sword right up to Ash's nose, and I don't think it's any more or less dangerous than a gun when it's right up to him) with a screenshot, it actually didn't look bad at all, but I understand why they consider it "too violent". Anyway, really the only show I like based on a video game was Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, because they actually managed to take so much stuff from Kirby Super Star (best Kirby game ever), and they have good plots (:cough: Super Mario Bros. Shows :cough:).

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Print