Print

Author Topic: Cool Medevil Stuff  (Read 2106 times)

« on: December 23, 2003, 08:53:10 PM »
Theres a whole bunch of cool stuff that was made in back then. There was constant war, and they had cool war things. Every civilization had there own kind of "special" unit. The Chinese had a unit called the Chu Ko Nu. They were archers[people with bows and arrows] In fact, the Chinese were the people who created the bow and arrow. Chu Ko Nu's were able to shoot many arrows at once. All other archers only could shoot one arrow at a time. Civilizations who favored archers in war had many special abilities for them to use. They had a technique called "Fletching". Fletching is when the people who make all the weapons put little feather-like things on them. This caused the arrows to move faster while on air. Then their was the Bodkin Arrow. The metal point oon the tip of the arrow is this technique. It was obviously used to pierce through armor of enemy units. There were also other techniques like chemistry. This enabled civs. to make things like gun units.[Cannons, people with guns, etc.]This also helped bows and arrows by putting fire on them. Now many civs. favored archers. If any of you have heard of Ghenghis Khan. He wasthe leader of the Mongols. Ghenghis Khan rode on a horse with a bow and arrow. Units who did this were called "Calvary Archers". The Mongols were a barbarian tribe. They once controlled ALL of Europe and Asia. The Britons were also a civ. who favored archers. Their unique unit was the Longbowman. They had huge bows that could shoot at a very long distance.

Now there were civs who favored infantry[foot soliders with swords]also. One of them were the Goths. I think that they had to make many units to defend themselves. You all know how back then people made stone walls to defend themselves, right? Like The Wall of China. Well, Goths couldn't even make walls! But their special unit, the Huskarl, had a very special ability. They were nearly immune to archer fire. They could stand many archer shots without even dieing! But they could be killed archers though, they were'nt completely immune to archer fire. The Franks were French people. They were always at constant war with the British. The British' civ. is a called the Britons. The Franks got their name from an axe called the Francisa. The Franks actually had a unit called Throwing Axeman. They would carry many axes into war to fight with enemies. The Japanese also favored infantry. Their unit was the Samuria. They and every other infantry Japanese units could attack faster then every other civ. The Samurais were the highest of all the Japanese knights. The Teutons had a very strong unique unit that was called Teutonic Knight. They had some of the strongest of armor. Regular swordsmen pale in comparision to the Teutonic Knight. Whenever a normal infantry unit attacked, the Knight had amazing armor that could have the knight kill more and more people without worring. The most Barbarian of all the civilizations was the Vikings. Their special unit was called the Berserk. They were called this because people who have seen them attack say that they go "berserk" and attck with inhuman zeal. All of the Vikings infantry units had more armor so that they could last longer in battle. Vikings were actually know for there craftsman ship in boats. They also had there own unique unit in naval assault. The Longboats attacked with many strong arrows at other naval enemies.

Now other civs favored horses. The Saracens were a Egyptian type civ. They had many camels. Their unique unit was called the Mameluke. Mamelukes actually threw swords at people! The Saracens had a huge war with Christians in 1291. The Byzantines were a very smart civ. They could make almost every unit. Their unit was called the Cataphract. They were heavil armored knights with heavily armored horses. The Persians were from India. Their unique unit was called the War Elephant. Yeah, thats right. Elephants. The elephants were hard to get other control, though. If they could get under control though, they could have a battle at an advantage. The elephant was strong but did have it's weaknesses, just like every other unit does.

If ugot any questions, just post them. I'll just try to answer them.

P.S. I got all this info from my favorite Microsoft game, Age of Empires 2:Age of the Kings.

Dallas Cowboys 10-5! They''re in the playoffs!! YEE HAW! Nintendo is the greatest of time thanx to Mario. Remember that!

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 10:14:43 PM »
Very informative. Show those pesky teachers that we don't need no edutainment!

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 11:04:06 PM »
I believe some of this is inaccurate, it being a videogame and all.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 12:23:38 PM »
What a lovely thread for Christmas Eve.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 03:19:38 PM »
 Indeed, much of it is inaccurate, as well as incomplete.

I believe it to be simplified for the game, if nothing else.

There is talk of "special abilities" and such, as though no one else was able to perform such things. And immunity to fire? Please.

Although, I do not blame this falsity on you, Killa, and it's an interesting thread, as I too, find Medieval times to be quite the enthralling subject.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 11:57:34 AM »
Black Mage, if you're talking about the Huskarl, they could be hurt by archers. Their armor was just stronger than other armor to archers.

Dallas Cowboys 10-5! They''re in the playoffs!! YEE HAW! Nintendo is the greatest of time thanx to Mario. Remember that!

Print