Print

Author Topic: Capcom, Namco, Sega, Konami...  (Read 3774 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: February 05, 2004, 03:49:48 PM »
Which of these game companies do you like best: Capcom, Sega, Namco, or Konami?

I personally like Capcom and Sega best.
Capcom for their variety of games like Mega Man and Street Fighter.
Sega for their icon -- Sonic the Hedgehog.

I have never realy played Konami games, like Castlevania or Metal Gear Solid. So I can't really comment on them.

=============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
I'll just name my top 5 favorites and why:

1. Nintendo: They make Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and others. Cool.

2. Capcom: I love Mega Man, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Resident Evil.

3. Square Enix: Final Fantasy, mostly. Also, Chrono Trigger was cool. And Super Mario RPG.

4. Konami: Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Contra(?)

5. Silicon Knights: Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Too Human.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 04:55:34 PM »
Sega

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 07:50:52 PM »
Sega.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 08:01:32 PM »
Namco, for they created Tales of Phantasia.

The only company I could think of which ranks higher to me would be Squaresoft/Enix.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 08:13:48 PM »
I just went to each of these companies websites (Namco, Capcom, Konami, etc.) and I researched their corporate information.

It seems that Capcom is the ONLY company  that is entirely focused on videogame development, which is a good thing.

Namco operates a few Italian restaurants, and they also operate a few amusement parks in Japan. Namco says on their website that their amusement park facilities have a higher percentage of profit than their videogame products.

Konami manufactures a large variety of products, ranging from trading cards to books and music CD's! Konami is much more than just a videogame company.

Sega, on the other hand, has a very uneven history. They were founded in the 1950's in Japan by an AMERICAN businessman. This means that Sega is NOT entirely a Japanese-based company... Sega first created amusement games for AMERICAN soldiers who were stationed overseas. Sega has also had it's share of buyouts and mergers.

============================================

Personally, even though Sega has had their fair share of troubles in the past, I think they still make good games!

I have never played many Konami games, but I would love to play Castlevania for Game Boy Advance. Everyone says that those games are some of the best ever created!

Capcom makes some of the best games, including Mega Man, Marvel VS Capcom (the best 2D fighting game ever!), and even Resident Evil!

Namco, well, they make Pac-Man... Soul Calibur is a great game, possibly the best fighting game ever made! But I don't think their recent track record has been very good. Mnay of their new games have recieved poor ratings from game magazines.

============================================
A SHORT SUMMARY OF MY FAVORITE GAME COMPANIES AND THEIR FRANCHISES

In order from best, to worst...

Capcom = Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil

Sega = Sonic the Hedgehog, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Crazy Taxi

Konami = Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Boktai

Namco = Soul Calibur, Pac-Man (uhh...), Ridge Racer (uhh...)

I think Capcom, Sega, and Konami make some of the most respected game franchises, along with Nintendo (of course).

Namco does not have many popular game franchises--except for Pac-Man, Soul Calibur, and Ridge Racer (most of which suck...except for Soul Calibur).

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/5/2004 6:26:34 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 08:17:37 PM »
I just hope all the major Japanese game companies (Sega; Capcom; Konami; and yes, even Namco) continue to create videogames. I would hate to see one of them go out of business... (>_<) Sega and Capcom especially...

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »
Sega, because let's face it, who can resist those old games that start with "SE-GA!"

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Print