Print

Author Topic: Thoughts on E3  (Read 1608 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« on: May 12, 2004, 08:48:18 PM »
E3 is upon us!

GOOD GRAVY, there's a lot of stuff to talk about!  Obviously, there are a ton of things for Nintendo fans to look forward to in the comming year or so.  So here's where people can say what they are excited about, what surprised them, what they would have liked to see but didn't, etc.

Obviously, I'm pumped about the new realistic Zelda game.  It looks as though it will be aimed at an older audience, which HOPEFULLY means that it will be much more challenging than Wind Waker.  I'm also intrigued by the DS.  I'm a bit confused about its built-in wireless capabilities.  If it just has the capability to link four DS's wirelessly fifteen feet apart, then I don't really care.  If "wireless" means that I can log my DS on to some sort of server day or night and find complete strangers in Australia to play against, then this is Nintendo's first real entry into online gaming, and I couldn't be happier.  I was disappointed by the news that the GameCube Advance Wars game is completely abandoning the game mechanics of the GBA versions.  I was excited about the possibility of a brilliant GCN strategy game, but it looks like the franchise is instead turing into some sort of mediocre third-person shooter.

Um...I'll probably have a lot more to say as my mind sorts things out but at this point I am overloaded...what did everyone else think?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 09:41:37 PM »
 My brain was blown apart with the news of the host of Mario games, and then again, perhaps to a worser degree, with the news of my star-crossed lover, the realistic Zelda.

I'm surprised I've recovered enough to form words.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 03:17:48 PM »
Why the heck did they still call the Cube installment of the Wars series Advance?

There goes the tradition set by Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, Advance Wars, and 64 Wars.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 01:25:09 AM »
Maybe they think because they released two Advance Wars games they have to stick with the title?

If NOJ doesn't release it as "GameCube Wars" then something is going seriously wrong.

Print