Print

Author Topic: The DS is coming out- Nov. 21!  (Read 1784 times)

« on: September 22, 2004, 04:44:48 AM »
Both www.nintendo.com and ds.ign.com have said it.  The Nintendo DS is coming out Nov.21!  And best of all, it is $149.99, $50 less than predicted.

It even had a makeover.  Just check out either site and find out for yourself.
*Adds system to ongoing christmas list*

In other news, Nintendo is making 20 games, and third-party developers are making at least 80 more.  Also, the DS is bundled with a demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters, named "First Hunt."

For your own good, finally, buy either Mario game.  Or regret it.

Too many numbers...
Too many numbers...

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 08:43:57 AM »
Alright, finally!  The ultimate handheld is blasting off to America, and we'll all scream in delight.  I can't wait, this is going to be the coolest thing ever!  Unfortuately my parents won't let me buy any more Nintendo machines until I move out of the house and pay for them with my own money, but I'm excited for everyone else, Nintendo especially.

I can almost picture what Nintendo is saying about Sony's comment... Sony: "We will not let Nintendo sit idle and--" Nintendo: "Who said that we were sitting idle?!  Prepare to go down in defeat, with the rest of the competitors that dared to challenge us!"  *pushes the middle area of the DS screen and all the PSPs simultaneously explode*  Bwahahaha!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 03:53:24 PM »
There's more.

The DS is coming out in North America BEFORE Japan.  It isn't to be released in Japan until early Dec., making the DS the first system to be released outside of Japan before being released within the country.

There will be at least 4 million units shipped by March, and the financial backing of the DS (advertising, etc.) is more than any other system that Nintendo has produced.

Also, if you haven't checked the links in my previous post (you should), I will tell you that the color scheme is slightly different as well as the shape.

My advise: Either reserve a DS, or hope beyond hope that there will be some left after the reserves that you can get your greedy hands on.

Too many numbers...

Edited by - luigi2024 on 9/22/2004 2:54:56 PM
Too many numbers...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:50:10 PM »
Reserved systems are usually kept separately from non-reserved ones, I believe.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 02:10:14 PM »
I knew it! Is like a same thing from next 4 or 5 years was releasing by the next Nintendo generation systems!

Shawne Vinson

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 02:17:50 PM »
That's easy for you to say.

Print