Print

Author Topic: N64 carts on GCN???!!!  (Read 2865 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:01:45 PM »
The following Player's Poll is currently on the front page of Nintendo.com:

What level of interest do you have, and how much would you pay for an adapter that allowed you to play N64 cartridges on the Nintendo GameCube?

Very interested, and would pay up to $39

Very interested, and would pay up to $49

Very interested, and would pay up to $59

Not interested at all, and don't own an N64

Not interested at all, although own an N64

----

Is Nintendo really considering this?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 09:04:27 PM »
That would sure be neat.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:19:37 PM »
I agree, but you can get a used 64 for much cheaper.  Although I would pay $40 for it just to replay Paper Mario without the weird N64 controller.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:29:32 PM »
I'm down to my last controller for my N64, so I guess that'd be neat.

I wouldn't have to switch between consoles, either.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 10:32:07 PM »
N64 has a weird controller?

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 02:08:09 PM »
It does. I hadn't used an N64 controller for a few years and then last week I became engaged in some hardcore GoldenEye action and was befuddled at the flimsy stick and the way I had to stretch my hands.

Of course, this awkwardness is probably just due to unfamiliarity, but the controller did seem strange to me.

Also, I hold the controller freakishly, and that may have something to do with it. (See my Nintendo ad video if interested.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 02:21:04 PM »
LD, I hold the N64 controller the exact same way.

Romance is for the weak-minded.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
LD, I just rewatched your video.  Do you plan to make a new one when you get the DS?

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 03:38:35 PM »
I can't believe it!  I can't believe they might actually do it!  That would be so awesome!  But how in the Wario would you change the buttons around?  C buttons to C-stick seems kind of akward to me.  But then again, Nintendo always thinks of some crazy idea that no one usually thinks of.  But how would you hook that up to your GC?  If you put it underneath then it would be pretty big (and wouldn't fit in my video shelf between the wood shelf and the VCR).

Next I hope Nintendo makes a survey like this one:

If Nintendo were to make a copy of SMRPG for the Nintendo DS with more levels, more enemies, multi-player battle mode, and enough cool stuff to make an PSP fanboy jealous, how much you pay for it?

30 dollars

50 dollars

100 dollars

All of the money I own because I have wanted to play this awesome game on GB ever since I beat it three times

Wouldn't play it

Well, not like that but sort of.

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 001 DAY(S) REMAINING!!!  AAHHHHHH!!!!!  IT’S ALMOST HERE!  TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!  HOW ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT?!?!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/20/2004 1:39:47 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 03:48:47 PM »
Yoshisaurus Rex, I hope they make a DS version of Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi.  That would be awesome.  Or, better yet, make a NEW Mario & Luigi!

Paper Luigi anyone?

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 04:19:23 PM »
That would be the best thing ever.  I don't know if people would buy the same game on a different handheld after it just came out a few months ago (besides whiny kids of course), but I haven't ever played Paper Mario or M&L so I would definitely do it if I could get a DS.

Update: Nintendo's website has replaced the N64 poll with a different one about the DS.  :(

COUNTDOWN TO DS: NEVER MIND!!!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/20/2004 2:20:36 PM
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 10:44:52 PM »
DUUUUUUUDES

MARIO & LUIGI EACH ON SEPARATE SCREENS

DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 09:39:09 AM »
Baby Turtle: "Dude!"
Marlin: "Dude?"
Dory: "Dude!"
Turtle: "Du----de!!!"

Hey, do you think that the Nintendo poll could've been not serious or maybe they were?  Because now I'm not sure if they were serious or not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/21/2004 6:10:56 PM

Print