Print

Author Topic: New video game systems...  (Read 2093 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 10, 2000, 09:34:42 AM »
I was wondering... If I was to buy one of the new systems...

Nintendo 64/Nintendo Gamecube

Sega Dreamcast

Sony PlayStation 2

...which one would be the best choice?

I personally think that Nintendo Gamecube will be the best, but what do you think?

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2000, 11:59:02 AM »
I would suggest 64, since we don't know exactly what Gamecube is going to be like and, in addition to great "Mario" games, Nintendo 64 runs "Star Wars: Episode I Racer."

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa

Edited by - Mega 2 on 11/10/2000 10:04:57 AM
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2000, 04:31:42 PM »
Well, I don't know.  I suppose it depends on what you're looking for.  Off the top of my head, here are some of my favorite N64 games:

-Smash Bros.
-Mario 64
-Perfect Dark
-Mario Kart 64
-Zelda:  Ocarina of Time
-Beetle Adventure Racing

Basically, if you don't need fighting games, RPG's, or (good) sidescrollers, snatching up an N64 and a couple games isn't a bad idea.

I'd wait for GameCube though.  It's just around the corner (relatively speaking) and looks to have a more diverse game line up.

Of course, being a sidescroller fan and owning an N64 meant going back to the old SNES fairly often to get my "sidescroller fix."

Hope that helps!  :D
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2000, 08:07:27 PM »
I'm not sure which one I plan to buy.  I have a personal bias against Sony; I love Sega's stuff, but I am a big fan of Nintendo.  However, I really felt the serious lack of turn-based RPG's on the 64 (there was 1, and it sucked).

In other words, I am extremely confused.  My old NES is looking pretty good right now...
Someone set up us the bomb!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2000, 06:20:34 AM »
Okay. Thanks. How could anyone like Sega? All of their games (except Sonic the Hedgehog)suck! I personally like Sony and Nintendo the best...

MARIO AND NINTNEDO FOREVER...!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print