Print

Author Topic: Zoo Keeper vs. Mr. Driller DS?  (Read 1582 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: January 30, 2005, 09:35:42 PM »
I want a new DS game and am considering Zoo Keeper or Mr. Driller Drill Spirits.  If you have either (or both) please make suggestions.

I already have SM64DS and Feel the Magic.  The other current games don't look like my kind of games.  I have also preordered Wario Ware Touched!, Yoshi's Touch and Go, and (New) Super Mario Bros. for the DS and Wario Ware Twisted for GBA.

Which is better?  Zoo Keeper or Mr. Driller  How/Why?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 02:21:24 PM »
Mr. Driller: Drill Sprits is a good game to start out with. Zoo Keeper was rated poorly in the March 2005 issue of Nintendo Power, but it is your opinon that counts.  
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 09:04:21 PM »
Yes, but I don't know enough about the games to have an opinion.  Although I love most puzzle games, maybe I should wait for Wario Ware Touched!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 04:38:27 PM »
Here is more detail about Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits.

Mr. Driller: Drill Sprits is a great puzzle game with a few touches of platform action. You need to get to a certian number of meters by drilling into a deep hole and collecting air capsules as you go to survive. You can connect the same colored blocks together for a combo, but it may be mostly based on more luck than skill. There are three modes and they are Mission Driller, Pressure Driller, and the Time Attack Driller. Mission Driller is the olny mode in which you unlock charcters based on the levels you've completed. Pressure Driller lets you fight a giant drilling machine while collecting air capsules and power capsules under pressure. Time Attack Driller is a timed mode in which you beat the time you need to clear the stage, but you olny have one life in that mode. Pressure Driller gives you limitless lives until you hit the machine chasing you and Mission Driller gives you three lives. You can change what you can start with by going to the Driller Store where you can use mileage which is the distance you have gotten in all three modes. There is no items for Time Attack Driller though. There is a total of 6 charcters that you can use for each mode, but you  start out with one.  It also has a multiplayer mode called Driller Race in which you race other drillers to the finish line in four stages. You also can get mileage in this mode.

I don't know much about Zoo Keeper, but it is a puzzle game that uses the touch  screen to connect three of the same animal type together to score points.  
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Print