Print

Author Topic: Video games don't rot your brain!  (Read 11239 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 27, 2005, 06:38:49 PM »
I love video games, and I have a 4.0 GPA! Video games do not rot your mind! If you have proof, post it here!

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:41:21 PM »
I play video games all the time yet I'm in four AP classes, I got a 100 on my English Regents last year and my average is a 91. Heck, maybe vidoe games helped. They don't make me prone to violence either.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.

Edited by - Latias Dita on 4/27/2005 5:41:52 PM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:25:59 PM »
Some video games are surprisingly educational:

Growing up with SNES RPGs really developed my english skills.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:50:57 PM »
I think I've learned a few new words from Mario games... but I can't remember which ones.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:18:45 PM »
Wow, this topic is like, obvious city.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:50:58 PM »
Heheh!

My grade point average has actually gone down since I stopped playing video games. I don't think that either is a cause of the other, though.

Playing video games probably taught me that it's more comfortable to sit on a nice couch than on the hard floor for extended periods of time.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:38:24 PM »
I learned my left from my right when playing video games.

I did learn other things, but I'm too lazy to list them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
Yeah! If it weren't for M&L, I wouldn't know how to spell simultaneously! RPGs really help you learn new words!
Vidgmchtr: Me too. Thank the L and R buttons. What the teachers always said about how to remember never helped.

Edited by - Bird Person on 4/28/2005 4:09:17 PM
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »
And if it wasn't for video games, most of us wouldn't be here!! XD

I think I also learned my left and right from playing video games.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/29/2005 5:59:26 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »
I don't remember how the teacher teaches you the difference.  I'm guessing she'd tell you the hand you write with is right, so just rembmer the writing hand is right and the other is left.  But I'm left-handed, so she'd say the opposite.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 12:36:46 AM »
Bird Person: Actually, I learned my left from my right when playing Super Mario 64. Level 6, Hazy Maze Cave. It started with a fork in the road. The left being a pit you had to jump across, the right being the path to the Red Coin room.

Not from the shoulder buttons.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:56:27 AM »
Well, sure. But I learned with the SNES's L and Rs.
I think video games might rot your mind... If it's stupid violent games like Grand Theft Auto and Halo. But it's just different with games like tetris and Mario RPGs.

Edited by - Bird Person on 4/29/2005 6:57:46 AM
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 06:37:02 PM »
Well... Unlike GTA, Halo's not all violence. It's SCI-FI violence! The good kind...Yeah.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »
What makes it SCI-FI?  A lot of games and movies have aliens and advanced technology in them that I would not consider science fiction.  I'm a big science fiction fan and consider something to be Sci-Fi only if science is integral to the story.  The Cold Equations is a good example.  Star Wars is more of a western/space opera to me.  I'm a purest who doesn't like most fantasy novels, but I like satire and distopian fiction.  I like alot of the early speculative fiction that was in my opinion mislabled as science fiction.

Disclaimer: I've never play Halo or any other Xbox game.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »
X Box must die. Most of the freakin' games are rated M. Which reminds me... a while ago, someone had an awesome sig like this:
Mom: What was that loud sound, son?
Me: Uh, nothing mom! *Continues to smash X Box*

It's YOUR problem!

Print