Print

Author Topic: Project assistance  (Read 2255 times)

« on: September 03, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »
I am currently in the planning stages of a project concerning my Gamecube.  I wish to change the outside casing.  Unfortunately, when I was curious a few years ago, when I unscrewed one of my N64 games, it ceased to work.  I made sure that I did not change anything or mess with it, but it still did not work any longer.

So, I have a few questions.
1. Did I just mess up my game, by either messing with the chip or connectors, or is there some...thing, that, if taken apart will keep it from working any longer?  And

2. If there is safty feature in the carts, is there such a ...Thing... in the Gamecube?

Finally, are the gamecube's guts built into the cube shape, or are they able to be rearranged.

Side notes:  I don't plan on tweaking with any of the workings of the Gamecube, only the casing.  I probably won't do this until I know for sure that I won't break it, cause I don't have the income to buy another GCN.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!

Edited by - CoconutMikeNIke on 9/3/2005 8:23:59 PM
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:37:01 PM »
....Well, what do you want to change the casing to?

If you just want the casing's color changed, there are companies who can do that for you, for a price. But, as you said, you're lacking funds, but I'm just showing you this if you ever have any extra money...

Now, if you want to open up your Gamecube, You'd need some specific tools. Opening it up also voids your warranty, provided it hasn't expired on its own. Unfortunately, I can't provide any more information, as I have not opened up a Gamecube.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »
I was thinking of putting the gamecube into a NES case, with a little housing tweaks, such as keeping the lid closed while the game is running.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:04:10 PM »
DON'T DO IT.

It won't fit, and since you obviously don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest ripping your Gamecube apart and rearranging the parts to try and make it fit.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/4/2005 1:05:07 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:21:18 PM »
....Okay, so, tell me....

WHY do you want to put the insides of a Gamecube into an NES case? It's fine the way it is....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:24:01 PM »
I wasn't going to try it before I knew what I was doing.  That's why I asked.  I know that if I were to try it right now, I would likely screw up the entire system, and have no way to fix it.

I want to do it just for as a project.  Not that there is anything wrong with the gamecube's casing, I want something original.

Since I don't have the cash to go out and buy another system, I want to lower the probability of something not working to a minimum.

Print