Print

Author Topic: Rip-offs in Video Games  (Read 2843 times)

« on: September 27, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »
Have you ever been ripped off for a video game? Like a $50 game and then it is so crappy you sell it back and get 1/4 of your money back.

Mario pwns!

Jin

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
Yeah, The game had bad graphics. It looked crappy. I didn't like it.Very Expensive.

Wattup
Andy

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:37:46 PM »
I got NCAA 2K3 football for $5 and still feel ripped off.

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »
Where are you paying fifty dollars for videogames?
I felt ripped off by the sonic advance games.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 03:33:23 PM »
Thats why I never take chances, like with girls....nevermind.

DRAGGING BEHIND YOU< THE SILENT REPROACH OF A MILLION TEAR-STAINED EYES....
I only watch [adult swim]

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
Too late, I caught the reference.  I BOUGHT POKEMON SNAP.  That was a rip-off.  It was fun for a while though.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 07:20:45 PM »
I bought pokemon snap but that wasent as bad as pokemon pinball Worst game ever

Mario runs jumps swims fly save peach and throw vegtables sooooo... wears the iron six pack
Mario runs jumps swims fly save peach and throw vegtables sooooo... wears the iron six pack

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »
 I'm not sure if I felt ripped off, but I paid $50 dollars for Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth for the PSX when it came out.

It was rumored to have been worked on by Final Fantasy Tactic's staff (a rumor which isn't true), and actually looked promising.

It turned out to be one difficult game. One ridiculously difficult game. I'm ashamed to say I haven't beaten it.

I refuse to sell it though, as one day I will beat it. Mark my words.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »
Superman for the Genises. Pile o' crap.

It''s like I''ve died and gone to heaven but they found out it wasn''t my time so they sent me back to a brewery~Peter Griffin
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 03:30:58 PM »
I get like 2 games at Toys R' Us. They are usually $50 when they first come out. DS games are around $30 though.

I felt ripped-off by the Eye Toy Play. The games were similar and my arms started to tire. You also look like a fool playing that. More than losing at DDR.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 08:39:48 AM »
I remember I got Doom for the GBA new, out of the box, hoping to relive the awesome experience I had back in the day. I played, and though "What the f##k? This piece of crap!" Nintendo had completely messed with it. Granted, a game like Doom that requires a keyboard should never be on the GBA, but still... You have to press SELECT constantly to cycle through weapons instead of instantly calling one up, the blood is green, the levels fell like they've been reworked, the textures are crappy and grainy, and you put in these stupid button-pressing codes instead of the easier typing...and saving your game? Don't even get me STARTED on saving...

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 03:35:24 AM »
I thought that Doom's graphics were grainy anyway, no matter what system you play it on.

Nothing suceeds like a toothless parrot.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print