Adventure of Link
1 (3.2%)
Legend of Zelda
3 (9.7%)
I predict Twilight Princess will beat them all
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Game of all Time  (Read 12544 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: January 02, 2006, 01:06:07 PM »
Sorry about all the options, but I figured I shouldn't leave any out just to be fair. So, what is your favorite. Could it be Legend of Zelda, because your a sticler for nostalgia? Could it be OoT because of the sheer expanibility of the already wonderful franchise it brought? Or is it Majora, because of the introduction of that one weird moon? Or The Wind Walker because of its anime-type look? It's your choice.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:15:55 PM »
I would have to go with Majora's Mask, or Ocarina of Time. They are both SO good! I just love the classic N64 style. But, I voted for Ocarina of Time, because it's still slightly better.

By the way, have you beaten Gyorg yet?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »
Yep! ;D
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
Oh, and mabey you should delete the Twilight Princess one, because of course it will be the best. Everyone will be voting for it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »
It was a tie between OoT and WW. In the end, I choose by who came first alphabetically.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 02:45:11 PM »
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game. Though I really do have an affinity for each and every one of them. Something I share with very few other series.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:56 PM »
Yeah, I don't think any Zelda game has been a "mistake" before. No wait, I lied. Four Swords Adventures was a mistake, but it was made by a different company mostly. The reason is that it's 2D. I mean, it's on the GameCube! Plus, they try to steal your money because you need at least two or more GameBoys JUST to play multiplayer. I mean, there's billions of other ways they could've done it! I hated that...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
Yeah, I don't think any Zelda game has been a "mistake" before. No wait, I lied. Four Swords Adventures was a mistake, but it was made by a different company mostly. The reason is that it's 2D. I mean, it's on the GameCube! Plus, they try to steal your money because you need at least two or more GameBoys JUST to play multiplayer. I mean, there's billions of other ways they could've done it! I hated that...

I found the 2-D style very reminiscent of A Link to the Past, and while a bit dull while playing single player, it was immensely fun while play with three other friends. Dare I say, too much fun.

I don't see why there's a feeling that there no place for 2-D games in our current generation. 2-D games are a style of their own, and my personal opinion is that they can often look better than a 3-D game. Truth be told, my favorite games are 2-D sprite-based games and while I can understand other people not caring for that style, I don't see a need to call a game utilizing it a mistake.

A little off topic, I apologize. The Zelda series is not without its flaws, certainly. I have no played them, but the general consensus is that the CDi Zelda games were very bad. Judging from what I have seen of them it seems an accurate description.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:57:59 PM by Black Mage »

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »
I voted the original. Why? Because I can.

Nah, seriously, it's the only one I've played. *Cries*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 04:37:13 PM »
Nothing can beat the OoT for the N64.
In my opinion, it is EVEN better than SM64. It scared the bejesus outta me, since I am such a scaredy cat. I got scared with Pikmin 2 for goodness sakes!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »
OoT kicks all butt. I loved that game. There are no flaws, in my eyes... I've only played a couple Zelda games after all, and OoT is all I'll ever need. Twilight Princess included.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
I'll vote Zelda 2!
...Such an underrated game...
Go Moon!

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »
I found the 2-D style very reminiscent of A Link to the Past, and while a bit dull while playing single player, it was immensely fun while play with three other friends. Dare I say, too much fun.

I don't see why there's a feeling that there no place for 2-D games in our current generation. 2-D games are a style of their own, and my personal opinion is that they can often look better than a 3-D game. Truth be told, my favorite games are 2-D sprite-based games and while I can understand other people not caring for that style, I don't see a need to call a game utilizing it a mistake.

A little off topic, I apologize. The Zelda series is not without its flaws, certainly. I have no played them, but the general consensus is that the CDi Zelda games were very bad. Judging from what I have seen of them it seems an accurate description.

I'm not saying 2D is bad, just that it would be better if it was on the GameBoy Advance or DS. Plus, it costs more than what it's worth. $50? Yeah right...

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
I liked Majora's Mask only because of Clock Town, but it was good all the way through. The real favorite Zelda game is the Wind Waker one of the reasons is because of the Tingle Tuner. The other reason is everything else that makde the game bright and beautiful. 
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
As deep and involved as the later, 3D Link (Zelda gets WAY too much credit in these games, seriously) games are, I have a certain affinity for A Link to the Past, and I don't quite know why... It was just enjoyable, and fun. Hard to say. The 3D games never really got my interest, I don't know. I think the fact that I had to ask someone else to beat the part right at the beginning of OoT where you have to sneak past guards (because I failed several hundreds of times before even getting to the castle. Really.) discouraged me from really getting into the game. I don't know.

And I'd GLADLY pay $50 if Nintendo made a spiffy new classic-style 2D platform game for the Gamecube. Honestly. Nothing wrong with a new 2D game, at all.
~I.S.~

Print