Adventure of Link
1 (3.2%)
Legend of Zelda
3 (9.7%)
I predict Twilight Princess will beat them all
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Game of all Time  (Read 12588 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: January 02, 2006, 01:06:07 PM »
Sorry about all the options, but I figured I shouldn't leave any out just to be fair. So, what is your favorite. Could it be Legend of Zelda, because your a sticler for nostalgia? Could it be OoT because of the sheer expanibility of the already wonderful franchise it brought? Or is it Majora, because of the introduction of that one weird moon? Or The Wind Walker because of its anime-type look? It's your choice.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:15:55 PM »
I would have to go with Majora's Mask, or Ocarina of Time. They are both SO good! I just love the classic N64 style. But, I voted for Ocarina of Time, because it's still slightly better.

By the way, have you beaten Gyorg yet?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »
Yep! ;D

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
Oh, and mabey you should delete the Twilight Princess one, because of course it will be the best. Everyone will be voting for it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »
It was a tie between OoT and WW. In the end, I choose by who came first alphabetically.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 02:45:11 PM »
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game. Though I really do have an affinity for each and every one of them. Something I share with very few other series.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:56 PM »
Yeah, I don't think any Zelda game has been a "mistake" before. No wait, I lied. Four Swords Adventures was a mistake, but it was made by a different company mostly. The reason is that it's 2D. I mean, it's on the GameCube! Plus, they try to steal your money because you need at least two or more GameBoys JUST to play multiplayer. I mean, there's billions of other ways they could've done it! I hated that...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
Yeah, I don't think any Zelda game has been a "mistake" before. No wait, I lied. Four Swords Adventures was a mistake, but it was made by a different company mostly. The reason is that it's 2D. I mean, it's on the GameCube! Plus, they try to steal your money because you need at least two or more GameBoys JUST to play multiplayer. I mean, there's billions of other ways they could've done it! I hated that...

I found the 2-D style very reminiscent of A Link to the Past, and while a bit dull while playing single player, it was immensely fun while play with three other friends. Dare I say, too much fun.

I don't see why there's a feeling that there no place for 2-D games in our current generation. 2-D games are a style of their own, and my personal opinion is that they can often look better than a 3-D game. Truth be told, my favorite games are 2-D sprite-based games and while I can understand other people not caring for that style, I don't see a need to call a game utilizing it a mistake.

A little off topic, I apologize. The Zelda series is not without its flaws, certainly. I have no played them, but the general consensus is that the CDi Zelda games were very bad. Judging from what I have seen of them it seems an accurate description.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:57:59 PM by Black Mage »

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »
I voted the original. Why? Because I can.

Nah, seriously, it's the only one I've played. *Cries*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 04:37:13 PM »
Nothing can beat the OoT for the N64.
In my opinion, it is EVEN better than SM64. It scared the bejesus outta me, since I am such a scaredy cat. I got scared with Pikmin 2 for goodness sakes!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »
OoT kicks all butt. I loved that game. There are no flaws, in my eyes... I've only played a couple Zelda games after all, and OoT is all I'll ever need. Twilight Princess included.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
I'll vote Zelda 2!
...Such an underrated game...
Go Moon!

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »
I found the 2-D style very reminiscent of A Link to the Past, and while a bit dull while playing single player, it was immensely fun while play with three other friends. Dare I say, too much fun.

I don't see why there's a feeling that there no place for 2-D games in our current generation. 2-D games are a style of their own, and my personal opinion is that they can often look better than a 3-D game. Truth be told, my favorite games are 2-D sprite-based games and while I can understand other people not caring for that style, I don't see a need to call a game utilizing it a mistake.

A little off topic, I apologize. The Zelda series is not without its flaws, certainly. I have no played them, but the general consensus is that the CDi Zelda games were very bad. Judging from what I have seen of them it seems an accurate description.

I'm not saying 2D is bad, just that it would be better if it was on the GameBoy Advance or DS. Plus, it costs more than what it's worth. $50? Yeah right...

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
I liked Majora's Mask only because of Clock Town, but it was good all the way through. The real favorite Zelda game is the Wind Waker one of the reasons is because of the Tingle Tuner. The other reason is everything else that makde the game bright and beautiful. 
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
As deep and involved as the later, 3D Link (Zelda gets WAY too much credit in these games, seriously) games are, I have a certain affinity for A Link to the Past, and I don't quite know why... It was just enjoyable, and fun. Hard to say. The 3D games never really got my interest, I don't know. I think the fact that I had to ask someone else to beat the part right at the beginning of OoT where you have to sneak past guards (because I failed several hundreds of times before even getting to the castle. Really.) discouraged me from really getting into the game. I don't know.

And I'd GLADLY pay $50 if Nintendo made a spiffy new classic-style 2D platform game for the Gamecube. Honestly. Nothing wrong with a new 2D game, at all.
~I.S.~

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »
Favorite: Ocareana of Time. Sadly, I've never played Majora's Mask.

Least Favorite out of those: Wind Waker. Sorry people, but out of all the Zelda games I've played, WW is the worst. I'm willing to give of reasons why I dislike it if you want me to say so.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 07:01:45 PM »
As long as your reason isn't "Crappy graphics" I'm fine with your opinion.

I predict Twilight Princess shall be greater than all.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »
Link to the Past all the way!  It's the greatest single-player game ever made YAY!  Or at least, it's the best single player game I've ever played... Or maybe it's second to Metroid Prime.... um... IT'S GOOD!

OOT was good, but LTTP beats it for these reasons three:

-LTTP is longer
-LTTP is harder, combat-wise
-LTTP is harder, puzzle-wise.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 07:36:52 PM »
As deep and involved as the later, 3D Link (Zelda gets WAY too much credit in these games, seriously) games are, I have a certain affinity for A Link to the Past, and I don't quite know why... It was just enjoyable, and fun. Hard to say. The 3D games never really got my interest, I don't know. I think the fact that I had to ask someone else to beat the part right at the beginning of OoT where you have to sneak past guards (because I failed several hundreds of times before even getting to the castle. Really.) discouraged me from really getting into the game. I don't know.

And I'd GLADLY pay $50 if Nintendo made a spiffy new classic-style 2D platform game for the Gamecube. Honestly. Nothing wrong with a new 2D game, at all.
Like I said, it's not because it's 2D, it's because it wasn't that good, also, it belongs on the GBA or DS.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 07:38:30 PM »
Favorite: Ocareana of Time. Sadly, I've never played Majora's Mask.
Nerver played Majora's Mask? You don't know what you're missing! I've played and beaten it ten times, yet am still not tired of it! ;D

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 09:37:26 PM »
Ditto. Except I've only beat it 3 or 4 times. Shows how commited I am... :(

Oh, and great spelling of ocarina, Poop Dude.

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »
I chose Majora's Mask, because it is always overshadowed by its predecessor, Ocarina of Time.

I actually like the three day system, and a lot of the characters have a bit more depth to them than in Ocarina, like Anju and Kafei.
That, and playing as a Zora is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:13:16 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 10:13:55 PM »
Not as awesome as it is playing as Oni Link at the end.

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 04:06:24 PM »
Yeah, let's not say anymore about Fierce Deity. It's kind of spoiling. :P Or, you can do like what I did and make the font invisible.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 04:14:30 PM »
Oops, sorry. Think of it this way; at least I'm not giving away secerts from Twilight Princess. I mean, this game has been out for like...5 years.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »
I voted the original. Why? Because I can.

Nah, seriously, it's the only one I've played. *Cries*

Don't cry. It pwns all because of its nostalgia. It rocks!! Those that voted OoT are n00bs. See. I said that. In your face!! the original pwns all.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 09:17:04 PM »
Can I die yet?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 12:10:01 AM »

Don't cry. It pwns all because of its nostalgia. It rocks!! Those that voted OoT are n00bs. See. I said that. In your face!! the original pwns all.

Nostalgia isn't a good enough reason to make a game better than others.

and would you please stop calling people who don't agree with your opinions n00bs?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »
I agree. If your going to make fun of people, then at least spell newb correctly.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
N00b is another type of newb from what I hear, n00b is a bad new guy that does all sorts of spam, not a fan of new games!!
I'm a horrible person.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2006, 03:30:15 PM »
No, Noob is a character from Mortal Kombat who's last name is Saibot. He was the original Sub-Zero. If you say his name backwards, you get tobiaS (as in co-creator John Tobias) and booN ( as in other co-creator Ed Boon).

TEM

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »
Wow! That's an awesome easteregg! I can't believe nobody noticed that before.

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »
Though, seeing as Mr. Tobias didn't take part in one of their recent projects, the character was named "Noob Smoke".

I'd like to think of newbies being people who just registered to a place, who might have a little trouble adjusting to a couple of the rules, but quickly get used to things afterward.

n00bs are people who constantly break rules, insult others, post constantly, make 5-10 new threads a day, and just don't get why they're disliked, when all they simply have to do is OBEY THE RULES.

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2006, 05:44:42 PM »
Actually, I think n00bs are people who aren't good at anythng.

ex. I beat this n00b at Halo! He had 0 kills!

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »
"n00b" is a leet term of "noob", and "noob" is a misspell of "newb", and "newb" is short for newbie. A newbie is a person that is new to a certain activity or group.

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »
n00b is just another way of saying Troll. Though I prefer calling people trolls than n00bs because I always picture them as the Trollz from those toy commercials.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »
Though, seeing as Mr. Tobias didn't take part in one of their recent projects, the character was named "Noob Smoke".

No, actually, he's technicly still called Noob Saibot. If you look on one of the characters ending on Deception, you will see that he is called Noob Saibot, which he is also called on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Noob-Smoke was just a combination between Noob and Cyborg Smoke.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »
I've only ever seen Noob Saibot. What game is this Noob Smoke in?

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 11:20:08 PM »
Eh, I forget the title. It was one of the recent ones.

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
Mortal Kombat Deception, i think

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 07:00:56 PM »
For me it's a tie between "A Link to the Past" and "Ocarina of Time"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 08:07:43 PM »
My top five:
1 Ocarina of Time
2 A Link to the Past
3 Four Swords
4 Link's Awakening
5 The Minish Cap
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2006, 01:52:59 AM »
I've only played Adventure of Link. And I'm not very good, either. So I won't vote yet... but judging form the trophies in SSBM, I should download MM and OoT when I get a REV. Or look for them at GameStop.

Edit, if anyone cares: I did get OoT. I'm such an idiot, I should have waited for my birthday and gotten my parents to get me the Collector's Edition.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:14:40 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
Tie between Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 02:59:27 PM »
In Wind Waker I thought it was really cool that when you went into the chamber where you get the master sword, there are all these stained glass windows where you can see characters from OoT:

See, the green window on the left is the Saria one, and the orangish one to the right has gorons from OoT, while the one in the middle has a picture of Ganon being vanquished, but can't really see it from this angle.

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »
Your pic is expired, LZR. I know you're Hyrulian, but I just like to call you LZR. :D

I just now got Zelda: Collector's Edition. ;D ;D ;D I haven't played OoT since the beginning of 2005! I just now got out of Kokiri Forest, but I was mostly just messing around. But, why in the world did Saria put glitter on my ocarina? When she gave it to me, it was all glittery...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if the graphics were any better on the collector's edition. Just wondering.
Hyrulian, I can't see the pic. Is there a... Link... to it?
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
Graphics are the same.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if the graphics were any better on the collector's edition. Just wondering.
Hyrulian, I can't see the pic. Is there a... Link... to it?

Hmm...that's weird, because I can see it. But I'll make a "link" to it later. Hey, and Khold, I was also thinking of getting the collector's edition since I lost my N64 version, so is it pretty good?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
I read that since the ROM is different, the 64 games skip at parts... or something like that, loss of save files... I really should get the collector's edition, since I'll be putting my 64 in a box when I get a Revolution... Dang amazon ones are $50 though.
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »
In Wind Waker I thought it was really cool that when you went into the chamber where you get the master sword, there are all these stained glass windows where you can see characters from OoT:

I thought it was really cool that throughout that scene they played music from Link to the Past.

I loved the graphics style of Wind Waker and the fighting system had a ton of potential, but Nintendo completely ruined the game by making the combat WAY too easy.  The enemies all gave out ridiculous numbers of hearts when they died.  I didn't need 15 hearts to refill my life gauge after killing an enemy in three hits.  I found the easy combat to be both boring and insulting, especially the boss fights.

Metroid Prime didn't have this problem at all.  Its dificulty level was pretty much perfect.  That was a great game...

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »
I find all the non-NES Zeldas to be just about perfect gaming experiences, so I can't vote for a favorite.

I just beat Metroid Prime on Hard last night. 100% items and scans. Now I finally have all four picture galleries. :)

Graphics are the same.

Actually I think they're higher resolution.

TEM

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
If so the resolution must be only a tad higher because I just played OoT on N64 last night after playing OoT on the CE not long before that and didn't notice a difference.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
The gold OoT carts are different from the GCN versions and most grey carts.  There's a cool chanting in the gold cart's Fire Temple, and Ganondorf coughs out blood!  On most grey carts and the GCN versions, Ganondorf coughs out a sickly green goop.  I prefer the blood cause it looks more natural.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »
I have the grey cartrage. Ganondorf coughs up blood. There is also the "cool" chanting.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
That's why I said most grey carts.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 10:53:47 PM »
"Most". One of the greatest backpeddling words of our language.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:18 AM »
Woah, blood? Cool, I'm about to enter Ganon's Castle anyway.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
The back of the case says "faithfully reproduced and displayed in high resolution".

Also, it has the Progressive Scan Compatible icon so maybe that's what it's talking about.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Zelda:OOT is just freaking awesome!!!!!!!! NOTE:On a google OOT time attack I saw Ganondorf puke Blood and it was small, probaly because they used to try to get only E games and the Green Puke was WAY bigger!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:44:52 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print