Adventure of Link
1 (3.2%)
Legend of Zelda
3 (9.7%)
I predict Twilight Princess will beat them all
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Game of all Time  (Read 12545 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »
Your pic is expired, LZR. I know you're Hyrulian, but I just like to call you LZR. :D

I just now got Zelda: Collector's Edition. ;D ;D ;D I haven't played OoT since the beginning of 2005! I just now got out of Kokiri Forest, but I was mostly just messing around. But, why in the world did Saria put glitter on my ocarina? When she gave it to me, it was all glittery...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if the graphics were any better on the collector's edition. Just wondering.
Hyrulian, I can't see the pic. Is there a... Link... to it?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
Graphics are the same.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if the graphics were any better on the collector's edition. Just wondering.
Hyrulian, I can't see the pic. Is there a... Link... to it?

Hmm...that's weird, because I can see it. But I'll make a "link" to it later. Hey, and Khold, I was also thinking of getting the collector's edition since I lost my N64 version, so is it pretty good?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
I read that since the ROM is different, the 64 games skip at parts... or something like that, loss of save files... I really should get the collector's edition, since I'll be putting my 64 in a box when I get a Revolution... Dang amazon ones are $50 though.
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »
In Wind Waker I thought it was really cool that when you went into the chamber where you get the master sword, there are all these stained glass windows where you can see characters from OoT:

I thought it was really cool that throughout that scene they played music from Link to the Past.

I loved the graphics style of Wind Waker and the fighting system had a ton of potential, but Nintendo completely ruined the game by making the combat WAY too easy.  The enemies all gave out ridiculous numbers of hearts when they died.  I didn't need 15 hearts to refill my life gauge after killing an enemy in three hits.  I found the easy combat to be both boring and insulting, especially the boss fights.

Metroid Prime didn't have this problem at all.  Its dificulty level was pretty much perfect.  That was a great game...

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »
I find all the non-NES Zeldas to be just about perfect gaming experiences, so I can't vote for a favorite.

I just beat Metroid Prime on Hard last night. 100% items and scans. Now I finally have all four picture galleries. :)

Graphics are the same.

Actually I think they're higher resolution.

TEM

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
If so the resolution must be only a tad higher because I just played OoT on N64 last night after playing OoT on the CE not long before that and didn't notice a difference.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
The gold OoT carts are different from the GCN versions and most grey carts.  There's a cool chanting in the gold cart's Fire Temple, and Ganondorf coughs out blood!  On most grey carts and the GCN versions, Ganondorf coughs out a sickly green goop.  I prefer the blood cause it looks more natural.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »
I have the grey cartrage. Ganondorf coughs up blood. There is also the "cool" chanting.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
That's why I said most grey carts.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 10:53:47 PM »
"Most". One of the greatest backpeddling words of our language.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:18 AM »
Woah, blood? Cool, I'm about to enter Ganon's Castle anyway.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
The back of the case says "faithfully reproduced and displayed in high resolution".

Also, it has the Progressive Scan Compatible icon so maybe that's what it's talking about.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Zelda:OOT is just freaking awesome!!!!!!!! NOTE:On a google OOT time attack I saw Ganondorf puke Blood and it was small, probaly because they used to try to get only E games and the Green Puke was WAY bigger!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:44:52 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print