Print

Author Topic: All right now who do ya want in Smash Bros. 4  (Read 35845 times)

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
You're right. That was just the first thing that came to mind.

I still think a generic Animal Crossing human would be good.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
The problem is that Pokémon simply doesn't fit in any format besides its own. Picking Zoroark or any other 'Mon would be picking favorites. Adding all the Pokémon would ruin the game. Then it would just be "Pokémon brawl" and not "Nintendo Brawl". I think Pokémon should still be items, but characters is just plain stupid.
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
I wouldn't mind current starters (upcoming Gen 6, that is) + Pikachu. Actually, the Trainer was a great way to break in several of them without clogging up the game.
I'm a horrible person.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 12:32:58 AM »
The problem is that Pokémon simply doesn't fit in any format besides its own. Picking Zoroark or any other 'Mon would be picking favorites. Adding all the Pokémon would ruin the game. Then it would just be "Pokémon brawl" and not "Nintendo Brawl". I think Pokémon should still be items, but characters is just plain stupid.

Yeah, putting characters from a game about monsters that fight each other in a fighting game is such a stupid idea.

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 12:53:21 AM »
Putting notably different 'mons like MewTwo worked, since he could talk and engage in pugilism with Ganondorf without distress. Jigglypuff is absurd enough to be fine, Pikachu is too iconic not to be in the game. Pokémon Trainer worked since he represented something greater than just a 'mon. Lucario seemed a little strange, but works fine I guess.

If they put like, a Garbador as a playable character, that's where I take issue with it. Now it just seems out of place. And not in the comical Jigglypuff way either, since (s)he's been permanently grandfathered into the series by virtue of being in the first one.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »
Part of the reason Mewtwo and Lucario got in is because they were important enough to have their own movies. Both of them were given the voices, personality and extra abilities they had in said movies.

« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:58 PM »
Also they both look like humans, so it was easy to develop a move set.
Now with grandeur.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
Yeah because developing a moveset for Kirby and Jigglypuff was so difficult.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 07:58:09 AM »
Oh man Brawl came out in 2008 because of Pikachu's moveset.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print