Print

Author Topic: The Metroid Series  (Read 14930 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »
Funny you should say that, LD...

While I'm ABSOLUTELY looking forward to Metroid Prime 3, I've never played Super Metroid (which I've heard from various sources is the best game in the series), so it will probably be one of the first classic games I download.  So, I probably WILL play 2D Metroid on Revolution before playing MP3, and I look forward to it.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »
I meant a new 2D Metroid on Revolution. I like Zero Mission better than Super Metroid.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 12:45:36 AM »
DISAGREE

Every single Metroid title released is top-quality and not boring. Every single one has been about the greatest title released on its respective system. I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day. A 2D Metroid on Revolution before Prime 3 would be a travesty, considering the controller's potential for FPS.

Metroid. Rocks. The House.

With all due respect. BS!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 02:08:20 PM »
What I meant by a 2D Metroid on Revolution was a sort of 2D FPS, or a traditional Metroid title with an FPS control scheme. They could also do it on the DS, but it might be harder to pull off.
every

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
A 2D FPS would be a line on your screen, uninterpretable to beings of a universe with three obvious spacial dimensions.

A traditional Metroid title with an FPS control scheme would be... Metroid Prime.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 06:56:25 PM »
Something terrible just occurred to me...

How the heck are we supposed to play Super Nintendo titles with the Revolution controller?  If held sideways with the D-pad on the left, there are only three buttons easily accessible: a, b, and B.  That's even fewer than on a GBA!  SUper Nintendo had 6 buttons, the revolution controller has 3... How, exactly, are we supposed to play SNES games?

Hopefully we'll be able to play SNES games with the GCN controller...

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »
DISAGREE

Every single Metroid title released is top-quality and not boring. Every single one has been about the greatest title released on its respective system. I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day. A 2D Metroid on Revolution before Prime 3 would be a travesty, considering the controller's potential for FPS.

Metroid. Rocks. The House.

Well said, LD.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »
I don't play the Metroid Series games, and know nothing about them.  So posting here right now is utterly useless for me and for you.  Nice going, Markio.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 07:14:31 PM »
Something terrible just occurred to me...

How the heck are we supposed to play Super Nintendo titles with the Revolution controller?  If held sideways with the D-pad on the left, there are only three buttons easily accessible: a, b, and B.  That's even fewer than on a GBA!  SUper Nintendo had 6 buttons, the revolution controller has 3... How, exactly, are we supposed to play SNES games?

Hopefully we'll be able to play SNES games with the GCN controller...
I think we're going to be able to use old controllers on the REV. If not, add the control stick.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:11 PM »
I'm fairly sure we WON'T be able to use the old controllers (except maybe the GCN controllers), and I wouldn't want to, anyway.  All my old controllers are worn-out.  And I DON'T want to use the separate joystick to play SNES games.  I want to use a D-pad, and I want to use a single controller held with both hands, the way SNES games were meant to be played.

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
Well, the absolute worst-case scenario is having to use the GCN controller, which wouldn't be too bad. Best-case scenario they'll release attachments for the REV controller which are essentially retro controllers.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »
I also don't want to have to buy additional hardware....

While I'm most excited about playing SNES games, we'll have the same problem to an even greater extent trying to play N64 games.  Using the GCN controller seems like the only reasonable solution, short of buying extra hardware attachments for the controller.  Even using the GCN controller to play N64 games would be sub-optimal, since we would have to use the C-stick instead of C-buttons...

I'm not sure Nintendo has thought this through....

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
I'm fairly sure we WON'T be able to use the old controllers (except maybe the GCN controllers), and I wouldn't want to, anyway.  All my old controllers are worn-out.  And I DON'T want to use the separate joystick to play SNES games.  I want to use a D-pad, and I want to use a single controller held with both hands, the way SNES games were meant to be played.

Well I'm absolutly sure you are partially wrong because they said you could use Gamecube controllers on X-Play. What are you spazing out about anyway? That was way too much of a rant to understand.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 08:04:04 PM »
I know that on Revolution you will be able to play GCN games using GCN controllers.  What I want to know is, what will be used to play NES, SNES and N64 games? I do not believe that we will be able to use actual NES, SNES or N64 controllers, since the Revolution does not seem to have any outlets for those controllers.  As I said in my previous post, I wouldn't want to use my old NES, SNES and N64 controllers even if there were outlets for them, since my old controllers for those systems (especiially N64) are worn out.  The Revolution remote seems suitable to play NES games, but not SNES or N64 games.  The GCN controller seems almost suitable to play SNES and N64 games (though for those games I would prefer digital L and R buttons that don't hurt your fingers, as well as four digital C buttons instead of an analog C stick).

Did you specifically hear that we will be able to play SNES and N64 games using the GCN controllers?

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »
I know that on Revolution you will be able to play GCN games using GCN controllers.  What I want to know is, what will be used to play NES, SNES and N64 games? I do not believe that we will be able to use actual NES, SNES or N64 controllers, since the Revolution does not seem to have any outlets for those controllers.  As I said in my previous post, I wouldn't want to use my old NES, SNES and N64 controllers even if there were outlets for them, since my old controllers for those systems (especiially N64) are worn out.  The Revolution remote seems suitable to play NES games, but not SNES or N64 games.  The GCN controller seems almost suitable to play SNES and N64 games (though for those games I would prefer digital L and R buttons that don't hurt your fingers, as well as four digital C buttons instead of an analog C stick).

Did you specifically hear that we will be able to play SNES and N64 games using the GCN controllers?

No, but even if you can't you can probably just buy an adapter for it.

Print