Print

Author Topic: Why is everyone dissing Nintendo?  (Read 4931 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 19, 2001, 12:08:37 PM »
Why is everyone dissing Nintendo?

Almost every other videogame site/magazine I look at says Nintendo is going to fail... Why isn't Nintendo respected anymore like in the early days (1990's)? Now all people like to think about is PlayStation this and PlayStation that... Nintendo needs more respect. They've made some of the greatest games ever... and they deserve all the repect they can get! I LOVE NINTENDO!

Is this possible? Posting in the Fungi Forums in the Internet Archive? Whoa.
– Watoad

Edited by - Watoad on 4/23/2003 1:32:47 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 12:23:03 PM »
i don't know. from what I'VE seen, they're not really dissing nintendo, they're just paying more attention to playstation. although i have seen a little hype on extended play (a show on techtv). just wait until the gamecube comes out.

Sono ichi fanku-ippai!
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 02:47:47 PM »
DOWN WITH SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLAYSTATION 1 AND 2 SUCK

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 04:33:24 PM »
Mario Maniac-They say that 'cause they're idiots.

Mario Nut-Ya got that right!

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 09:50:37 PM »
Mr. Face say Nintendo awesome! Mr. Face NE-VER wrong!!!!

* Mr. Face say this post is awesome. Mr. Face NE-VER wrong!
* Mr. Face say this post is awesome. Mr. Face NE-VER wrong!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2001, 09:59:25 AM »
Well, I know Game Boy is one of Nintendo's best-selling game systems... But the magazines also say that the Nintnedo 64 is a "kiddie" machine and the PlayStation is a "mature" machine...

Game Boy is awesome!
Nintendo is awesome!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2001, 04:35:09 PM »
Ok everyone calm down. Im a playstation fan, so sue me, but im also a nintendo fan, so sue me again. I think they both will suceed very much. just remember that we decide who suceeds and fails, because we have economic power. oh yeah, guess what? Sega is quittin the biz! one down....two to go...errr one.

Ness Shady, The Most Craziest Mix Between a Hip Hop Artist and a Nintendo Character! Hi my name is....
"Timmay!"

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2001, 06:12:38 PM »
n64: a kiddie machine? has this magazine ever heard of Conker's BFD ^_^

Sono ichi fanku-ippai!
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2001, 06:28:44 PM »
Obviously not because if they did see it they would think differently
"Timmay!"

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2001, 02:04:57 PM »
Nintendo WILL fail someday.  Playstation offers many good games.  Nintendo (exeption of GBC/A) have so-so games.  Back in the early 90s and late 80s, the original Nintendo was out and that is what made Nintendo do well.  I for 1, rarely buy N64 games, I spend more money on used NES games.  Gameplay is more important than graphics ever will be.  They bring NES back, I'll buy more new games

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2001, 02:51:07 PM »
first off playstaion 2 has already failed, secondly sega is not out of the "biz" there just becomeing asoftware developing company for other systems, it seems to me that there concentraiting more on nintendo though. Third nintedo will not fail, GBA has been so popular in japan and with nintendos perfect gamecube system I'm positive it will win. PS1 was alright but PS2 realy stinks, and square is not the ones responsible for playstations sucesse because, well square stinks

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2001, 03:48:53 PM »
I, for one, believe this downward spiral is temporary.  Nintendo's still greater than Sega and (of course) Sony, and what's coming will destroy any doubt of Nintendo's quality!

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2001, 04:13:20 PM »
ParaTroopa You can take that stuff about square stinking back! Do you know exactly how many copies of Final Fantasy 7 were sold in its first weekend?! A Hellofa lot. As for Sega they shouldnt be major competitors as production of the hardware stops on march 31st. Dont beleive me then go to http://gamefusion.efront.com/phpbin/news.php3?method=display&id=331 and read all about it. Playstation 2 has not failed. Just like any other system that came out the games were rushed to come out with the system and now that they actually have time to produce some Great Games they'll be ok. Nintendo is great and all, and Mario games rock, but overall im a PSX fan, but dat dont mean im not supporin Mario!

Ness Shady, The Most Craziest Mix Between a Hip Hop Artist and a Nintendo Character! Hi my name is....
"Timmay!"

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2001, 08:58:05 PM »
TRM: Your right about square but wrong about Nintendo

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2001, 03:36:31 PM »
I know FF7 was a good game, after that square started to stink, and playstation 2 has failed, and I knew for a LONG time sega was not a competeter anymore but still I'd have a dreamcast over PS2 any time, not that I'm saying PS1 was bad, I like PS1 it's PS2 that I don't like and it has failed and no i will not take back what I said about square they stink, after FF7 there games only got worse ( with the exception of Chrono Cross )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2001, 06:52:33 PM »
I hate PlayStatio and PlayStation2. Both suck. There game suck too. Crash Bandicoot? And it dosen't matter what age you are. Hell, an adult could enjoy Darkwing Duck for NES. And adult could sit down and play games like Super Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie and have good time! And if anyone thinks Nintendo 64 is a "kiddie system" tale a look at Conker's Bad Fur Day....

I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great
I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2001, 07:01:06 PM »
Crash would kick the crap outta yoshi until he turned multicolored.

"Hey dude, 1976 called, it said it wants its haircut back." ~ Joe Dirt, in theaters now.
"Timmay!"

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2001, 12:46:42 PM »
All, I have to say is a few things.
1.Sony isn't all that bad, I play it for Square games, which definetley do not suck.
2.Who would want Nintendo to go down? Without them, video games would still be a dead market never to return.It was in the early 80's when all the Atari's intellivision and other (ehem)...junk sytems came, saw and failed(think the sega master)Nintendo popped up and started video games again with an all new twist, so there.

I forgot to mention,PS2 is awesome,anyone see Metal gear solid 2?
 Would you like to buy a star?

Edited by - KinopioToad on 4/22/2001 11:50:18 AM

Print