Print

Author Topic: Dance Dance Revolution!  (Read 4758 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:03:04 AM »
Consider Stepmania for the PC.  It's an open source DDR clone, so it's free.  It doesn't have quite the polish of most commercial DDR games, but it lets you create your own dances from mp3s.  I'm not sure if you can do that in commercial DDR games for XBox or not.  I've made several dances from video game tunes from vgmusic.com (I prefer to use midis converted to mp3s, since they have more consistent beat rates).

The hard part is finding a PC-compatible dance pad.  Your best bet in this regard is to buy a PS2 dance pad and buy a PS2-to-USB converter.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:25:25 AM by Hirocon »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:20:41 AM »
Heh, I have a LOT of experience with Stepmania.

Extreme JP is, indeed, arcade Extreme. It should have Paranoia Survivor Max on it. Speed-wise, think Max song with crossovers.
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 01:46:18 AM »
Extreme JP and arcade Extreme have some differences. Like the PS2 has no Witch Doctor :( :( :( :(

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 03:22:29 AM »
I just downloaded StepMania last night, and I must say it's pretty cool. I need to sign up for Bemanistyle, though, so I'll have access to many more songs.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 10:53:16 AM »
That reminds me.

I need to throw my simfiles up here. I only have 2 on Bemanistyle (and one is terrible for pad, it was my first ever simfile. I've re-made the steps to be more paddable now but never re-uploaded them), and the only reason I've never uploaded the rest is because I'm terrible at making banners and backgrounds. I have about a dozen complete (beginner-heavy/oni) simfiles that only need backgrounds and banners.
~I.S.~

Print