Print

Author Topic: Banjo-Kazooie  (Read 10188 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 06:53:32 PM »
I've never played Banjo-Tooie, and I only once rented Banjo Kazooie.  I loved it but couldn't beat it.  I think the farthest I got was some world with polluted oily water, and a freakin' impossible boss (I giant box that splits into consecutively smaller boxes...someone out there can probably provide a name).  I was surprised at how hard the game was...the same thing happened with Diddy Kong Racing (I rented it but couldn't beat it).  On an only slightly related note, I WAS able to beat Donkey Kong 64.  I think in a previous topic I claimed that Super Mario 64 was better than Donkey Kong 64, but thinking back now I'd have to change my opinion.  Donkey Kong 64 was fantastic, as were all games I've ever played made by Rare.  But they no longer make games for Nintendo... *sobs*

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 07:04:01 PM »
Oh yeah, I hated that level. I always died by accadently falling into the water. I also fogot what the level is called. It was the habour that had one huge boat in the center. Personally, I think it's harder than the last level.

My favorite Mumbo Jumbo form was the bee!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 07:28:43 PM »
I remember that boss, he was in Rusty Bucket Bay. I can't think of any name for the box guy...
Yeah, being the bee was the best thing ever. Click Clock Wood was quite possibly my favorite level. Dang... now I want to play it again! Thanks a lot, guys... grumble grumble...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 06:59:34 PM »
Boss Boom Box was the name. He was pretty easy, but in Grunty's Furnace Fun, he presents a challenge.

My favorite transformation was the walrus. I just like walruses, so naturally........
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:01:50 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 07:04:41 PM »
I haven't heard of Banjo-Kazooie in like 5 years.  It was a pretty cool game, for that time anyway.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 08:21:18 PM »
Longer than that, man... Last time I saw it advertised was on a Keebler commercial, when the kids on the commercials still believed in elves. They've faded into legend... with only ElFudge as reminders... So long ago.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 09:02:42 PM »
I used to be able to beat Banjo-Kazooie in under 10 hours with all collectables. I used to be unhealthily obsessed with that game, heh.

My favorite 3D platform game of all time (yes, I'm aware that SM64 exists).
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 11:35:37 PM »
Rusty Bucket Bay = PURE EVIL, especially that one Jiggy in the ship's propellors. x_X

I was never able to 100% complete BK by a few Jiggies and Notes, and in BT I was able to get everything but that blasted Cheato page from Canary Mary's RACE OF EVIL in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

This past fall, I had the desire to play through BK and BT again, and to THIS TIME 100% complete each of them. I would not allow myself to go on to BT until I 100% completed BK first, too. Finally, I DID 100% complete each one! 'Twere two great moments of joy, especially getting the propellor Jiggy in BK and that Cheato page in BK. I nearly fainted with exhaustion and joy with those.

BK and BT are both among of my favorite games, but I have to say I like BT so much more. That one is such pure and utter awesomeness and fun. <3 <3

I also own Grunty's Revenge, but that game was very mediocre--an especial disappointment after the greatness of the N64 hits.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »
Everyone I've seen who's played BK with any serious always tells me that RBB is such a hard world -- I never had any problems with it except for maybe the pink Jinjo, and I always used to just get EVERYTHING else in the level first and suicide on that one because the camera wouldn't let me swim out of that corridor in time. The propellor is easy when you Talon Trot EVERYWHERE like I used to.
~I.S.~

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »
I've found Rusty Bucket to be difficult (and has caused me to stop playing for long periods of time). Though when Sapphira played through B-K and B-T last Autumn, I decided to play through them again myself, getting 100% for the first time in B-K, and coming closer to 100% in B-T than I ever had.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
Yeah, but you used cheat codes you didn't earn. ;P
I only used the cheats Cheato unlocked for me after I found him or his pages. Those were earned.

I also Talon Trot everywhere. It's much easier and faster, I find.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »
SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK SQUAK ...

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 04:30:02 PM »
I don't consider a 100% run legitimate using cheats, even if Cheato unlocked them.

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 06:20:48 PM »
** SPOILER ALERT**
If you haven't beaten Banjo-Tooie 100%, meaning done ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE in the game, please don't read this post.

I like how you can turn Kazooie into a dragon because she can breathe fire. Also, she sounds funny when you Talon Trot with the cheat code that makes Banjo and Kazooie run faster. There's other secret stuff that makes me go :D, but I figure that's enough spoilers for one post.

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »
I don't consider a 100% run legitimate using cheats, even if Cheato unlocked them.

The 100% run in B-K was achieved without cheats.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print