Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1706699 times)

« Reply #7215 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:41 AM »
I really wanted the 3DS.  Unfortunately, playing it makes my eyes hurts and gives me a headache...from under 2 minutes of gameplay.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7216 on: April 07, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
DDD:
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7217 on: April 07, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »
Well, I'll hopefully be able to see a doctor soon about these... gastointestinal issues. It's getting ridiculous, really, but that doesn't make it any less painful.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7218 on: April 09, 2011, 08:44:25 AM »
Sym-Bionic Titan's last episode finally aired. [darn]ed Cartoon Network executives canceled it just because there's not a toyline. Well, excuse me, but I sure as hell never saw any Regular Show toys. (Not to diss RS.) It concluded, but not all the way. They didn't solve all of the plotholes left, and it'll never happen. So ends the best show out of Genndy Tartakovsky.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7219 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »
Better than Dexter's LabThe PowerPuff Girls!?  Samurai Jack!?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7220 on: April 09, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Tartakovsky didn't create The Powerpuff Girls, and Samurai Jack is all style, no substance.

But yeah, it blows that Titan has to end because nobody wanted to produce toys. Same reason Static Shock ended and its a same reason 4kids stopped dubbing shojo anime. Don't know why Bandai or Mattel didn't pick up the license, what kid wouldn't want a glorious clear-case mecha with a buttload of weapons. Plus the friggin HMER. That obelisk looks sweet.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7221 on: April 09, 2011, 12:53:32 PM »
We could fill all 482 pages that make up the thread thus far complaining about cool shows that got canned.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7222 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »
Better than Dexter's LabThe PowerPuff Girls!?  Samurai Jack!?
DL sucked after the first two seasons, he didn't create PPG, and Samurai Jack always looked cool but the fights got kind of boring and there's not much in the way of story. (Some, but not much.)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7223 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
He didn't create PPG, sure, but he was pretty heavily involved.

« Reply #7224 on: April 09, 2011, 02:07:46 PM »
DL sucked after the first two seasons

Only the first two seasons were good? I guess I haven't seen it in forever...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7225 on: April 09, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
He's referring to the original 52 episode run, the one Tartakovsky directed. The series was put back in production in 2001 with a new studio at the same time that Tartakovsky moved on to Samurai Jack. You could tell too since it had an art style shift and a retconned Mandark backstory that sucked.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7226 on: April 09, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »
And Dexter's voice changed. The different art sucked too.

« Reply #7227 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »
Season 3, Episode 5: "A Mandark Cartoon"

Single-handedly justifies the non-Tartakovsky seasons.

Screw you all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:18:12 PM by Lizard Dude »

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #7228 on: April 09, 2011, 11:03:36 PM »
And Dexter's voice changed. The different art sucked too.

To be fair the reason for Dexter's new voice was because Christine Cavanaugh retired from voice acting. Oddly enough she also voiced Chuckie Finster on Rugrats, both roles of which Simpsons voice actress Nancy Cartwright took her place.
Professional Paisano here

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7229 on: April 10, 2011, 02:49:37 AM »
He's referring to the original 52 episode run, the one Tartakovsky directed. The series was put back in production in 2001 with a new studio at the same time that Tartakovsky moved on to Samurai Jack. You could tell too since it had an art style shift and a retconned Mandark backstory that sucked.

I dunno, I always assumed Mandark was lying about his backstory in that episode. I mean, would you trust a guy like him?

Print