Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695814 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7980 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:10 PM »
Awful animation for characters' faces. Enough of the cast recycles their voice clips from Melee to bug me. The assist characters probably didn't have to look like they belonged on the Nintendo 64. And, so much of so many stages being recycled GameCube models and textures. That last one does bother me that much, yes.

It's debateable but Brawl does have a certain screwloose style of unpolished gameplay, with hilariously bad balance, a snail's pace, and dodging being so brokenly reliable that it completely stops any flow the game could have had... I denied it for a long while because I liked the new characters, but Brawl is kinda lame. Project M's tweaks do ultimately give it a more finished, less sloppy, somehow more professional feel, with the player having a significantly greater degree of control over their character. Although Sakurai has more or less said they don't give even a single crap about anything that sounds even a little competitive.

Basically, imagine, what if the effort put into Snake's Codec calls was applied to everything?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7981 on: July 27, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
The first Facebook comment I saw streamed on the Escapist said it best: "I think the story mode is more ruined by not existing than by it being on youtube."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7982 on: August 02, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »
When you're known as a relaxed, easygoing person who is just okay with everything, you feel like you're not even allowed to show it when something insignificant is actually bothering you. 'Cause if you do, people who know you will freak out about it and say things like "what's your problem" or "what crawled up your ass" (if people still say that anymore. It's just the first thing that comes to mind and conveys what I mean). There is a sub-episode of Cromartie High School that touches on this exact thing. It's not like I'm going to go on a rampage or be bitter forever or anything, or that just because this little thing that bothers me when most don't makes this specific thing the end of the world for me. It's also not like the specific thing that is bugging me is actually not what's bugging me--it is--it's not some greater, unexplainable bad mood or really horrible thing I'm taking out on something less horrible, and just waiting for me to wake up on the right side of the bed isn't it.

All that being said, the thing that's bothering me is kinda personal and insignificant and hard to bring up because it's something somebody else is doing. And I can deal with it. Really. What I'm complaining about in this post is the feeling that anytime I have something like this, I feel like nobody wants to really understand it because it's not like me.
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7983 on: August 02, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
No, no, what you've got is the insider's disillusion. What appeared to be a satisfactory game is, under the hood, a sloppy nightmare that was overhyped, and we all bought the hype, back in the days we couldn't wait to see what the developer's blog would post next. The problem isn't our view of you, I'll bet, it's our view of the game. Few have tried to vindicate the game, tweak it into something playable or interesting, as much as you have.

This seems very much like how my brief fling with fansubbing turned me off to a bunch of Japan-made garbage many-an-internet-type soaks up. You've been turned off to Brawl by tinkering with it. We're still comfortable with its surface value.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7984 on: August 02, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »
If you were referring to the post I just made, it was completely unrelated to any previous ones
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7985 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »
Oh. Well, it still might be slightly relevant.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #7986 on: August 13, 2013, 03:37:45 AM »
Terrible day. What's worst, I worked hard for people that didn't deserve it, sacrificed time I could have spent with my son for dumb stuff like posting on the Blog, and sitting here right now, I realize why I walked away from all that and spent the last few years just embracing being a father.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7987 on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:38 AM »
You should do whatever makes you the happiest. Don't feel like you have to contribute to the blog as often as you do if it's not what you want to do. Although, I think it is, and you want some acknowledgement for it. You're really passionate about Mario and I think some people feel like they're too cool to go along with it. Putting a lot of time and energy into something and having it shrugged off or ignored is a bitter pill to swallow, and one you never really get completely used to and accept even if you're taking one every week. But it's part of having any passion about anything at all. I find some of your posts interesting and they're certainly not bothering anybody, but I don't always have something to say about them either. Sorry. So what I would say is the generic "keep up the good work," but do so at whatever speed you feel like.

Or if you're referring to this specific exchange, I think it was a misunderstanding and Toad means he wasn't impressed with the rock opera itself. He wouldn't go and insult you like that.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7988 on: August 13, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
Indeed, I meant the Mario Opera story, not the actual blog post. I find your blog posts interesting, even if I don't comment on every single one.

I wasn't trying to insult you. Sorry about that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7989 on: August 17, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
When you try to find music for Dream Team on Youtube that you've heard so far and the entire recommended videos list is full of spoilers which you inevitably catch a quick glimpse of.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7990 on: August 18, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
I really wish I didn't have to put up with adolescent love/relationship problems. [dukar] sucks, man.
Relics.

« Reply #7991 on: August 18, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
You have to?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7992 on: August 20, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Most people want someone to connect with romantically, but you're only making things harder by complaining and getting depressed about it. Simply for the fact that it's a huge turnoff.

Just be happy by yourself for the time being, nothing feels better than being able to admit you can enjoy your own company. Not to mention potential partners won't perceive you as needing them to be happy (being overly dependent is another big turnoff).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7993 on: August 21, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
The left side of my left wrist (looking at the back of the hand) hurts so darn much, just started hurting all of a sudden last night and hasn't stopped (it hasn't been constant, the pain will oscillate from very mildly uncomfortable to oh god is this the arthritis). The bump of that bone in the wrist is either moving around a little or is swelling and then shrinking over and over. Make a splint kind of thing so i don't move it around, which seems to keep it from hurting at all really.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7994 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
Jill?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print