Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260269 times)

« Reply #5445 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »
The video had no sound and was as choppy as a Game & Watch
I would have loved to hear you say that in front of the other jurors.

« Reply #5446 on: April 06, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
I've got myself a job interview tomorrow at the local zoo's restaurant.  It's kinda like a Burger King, but a bit more variety, and better.  I'm very excited, because I've had an awful time trying to get hired, and I've felt fairly useless being the only one in the house not providing anything.  I was also kinda hoping a donut shop I applied to would have called me back, because it was an overnight baking job, which would mean no customer interaction, and I bet more donuts than I could ask for, but who doesn't love the zoo?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5447 on: April 06, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Though I've never imagined having to choose between a donut shop or a zoo, I wish you luck in your applications!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5448 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:17 AM »
I put the deposit on my dorm down, so I'm for sure moving out in August. Also, I saved myself $75 and decided not to go to Grad Night because I know that it's not even my scene. My idea of a fun night doesn't include leaving at 8:30pm and getting back at 8 am, only to go to chem class from 10 to 12. Nope. Not at all. At all.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5449 on: April 07, 2011, 07:28:05 AM »
I stayed up until after five AM at the school grad party, then slept in a cot at my parent's business with the interesting knowledge that I had a friend's grad party to go to in about six hours.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5450 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
I am a Platinum member of Club Nintendo for the first (and likely only) time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5451 on: April 08, 2011, 01:49:19 AM »
Our grad night is at Disneyland. I don't imagine there will be anywhere I can sleep.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5452 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »
Oh, yeah, I've read about Disneyland grad nights... may God be with you.

« Reply #5453 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
I missed mines because I needed to go to work that night. I do remember the next day was basically just a rest day for the senior class, since we were provided breakfast and then allowed to go home afterward. Everybody came back smelling really funky too.

Kinda wish I went though, just to have that to brag about later.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5454 on: April 08, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
I went to the D-Land on my grad night. You'd be surprised where people start sleepin' when they do. I didn't but I walked over my fair share of bodies. I was dizzy-tired.

When it was over, everyone walked back to where the buses were. Not one person seemed to remember that they all moved. Both locations were ridiculously far from the gates. I was the most exhausted person I had ever been in my life.

Slept the whole way back home, then my friends and I went to Applebees immediately after.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5455 on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
Yeah, not going. I missed the period to pay for my ticket so I'm up $75 bucks. Funny thing though: I'm still in charge of raising funds for our buses.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5456 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
I'm hoping this will be good.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5457 on: April 11, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
An anime based on a video game? What could possibly go wrong
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5458 on: April 17, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Got myself registered for Anime Boston this weekend. Exciting because it'll be my first real convention. I attended a convention at my school, but according to my convention "veteran" friends, it was really tiny. So this one should be interesting. I also registered to take a Japanese class at a nearby school next semester, due to my school's lack of language classes. So that should also be fun.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

A

« Reply #5459 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »
I should go to an anime convention one of these days. I've got a green wig.

Who has green hair and isn't really skinny? I could cosplay that.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print