Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1270506 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4755 on: December 29, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
Or is there...
Professional Paisano here

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4756 on: December 30, 2009, 07:44:02 AM »
Hey, at least it fits his name.

I know there's a lot of games for the PS3 that are supposed to be good, but it's so overwhelming deciding which ones are really worth it... I mean, for example, it's not like I can spend $60 on all those ones Tk and Mr. Wiggles mentioned, much less have the time to play them.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4757 on: December 30, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
I remember being denied M games at the video store back then. Once my beard came in at around 14, however, I quickly bypassed that.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4758 on: December 30, 2009, 07:56:35 AM »
Heck, I'm eighteen and I've still never bought one. It's a matter of taste more than anything else (I don't really like gore and swearing for the sake of itself), but my parents were pretty rigid about stuff like that when I was younger--not so much anymore, I think, but it's still left an impression on me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4759 on: December 30, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »
A lot of M-rated games seriously shouldn't be, though.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4760 on: December 30, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
So apparently I'll actually be allowed to get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for my PS3, since the only reason it got its M rating was because of a mod on the PC version.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4761 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
Congraturation! That's a really terrific game, if you ask me. I don't know how it is on the PS3 though, if it is even different at all. I've only played the Xbox version.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4762 on: December 30, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the same kind of mod exists for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, but since that game came out long before the sort of ESRB stupidity that we deal with today, that game still carries its T rating...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4763 on: December 30, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
I've always wondered about that. Occasionally we get a T-rated Oblivion and I go "??"
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4764 on: December 30, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »
San Andreas being recalled and switched to AO because of the hot coffee mod seemed a bit overboard since the common person playing the game wouldn't even know it existed in the first place or really be able to access it without modding tools.

Also, Jack Thompson was first on scene when it was discovered, no doubt, so I imagine he got the ball rolling with the re-rating.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #4765 on: December 30, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »
I know there's a lot of games for the PS3 that are supposed to be good, but it's so overwhelming deciding which ones are really worth it... I mean, for example, it's not like I can spend $60 on all those ones Tk and Mr. Wiggles mentioned, much less have the time to play them.
You don't have time to play nine games in a console generation?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4766 on: December 30, 2009, 10:28:10 PM »
Well... good point. Still, there's nine games now, but how many will there be by the end of the generation? And for the Wii(Ware)/DS, too?

« Reply #4767 on: December 31, 2009, 02:21:13 AM »
Well, I'll list the upcoming PS3 games I know I'll be getting:

Heavy Rain
The Last Guardian
3D Dot Game Heroes
God of War III
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

I was looking forward to White Knight Chronicles for a long time but a recent trailer turned me off. May still get if I hear recommendations after release.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4768 on: December 31, 2009, 02:39:06 AM »
I was planning on posting here when I finally beat Star Fox Adventures after starting it nearly a third of my life ago, but I gave up. Got to the third phase, though. Might still finish it someday, just not now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4769 on: December 31, 2009, 09:31:31 AM »
I got Oblivion for $20 today, because I got the Greatest Hits edition.  That's great, because I was expecting to pay three times that much for it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print