Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Collection Special Pack coming to Japan  (Read 12962 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:32 AM »
A new Mario game has quietly appeared on Nintendo's Japanese Wii release list: Super Mario Collection Special Pack, dated for October 21. Early reports indicate that Super Mario Collection Special Pack is a port of Super Mario All-Stars (known as "Super Mario Collection" in Japan) and will include a Mario history book and CD soundtrack, all for the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., which launched in Japan on September 13, 1985.

Will they release the game and goodies in North America? Will they fix the reversed brick physics that plagued Super Mario All-Stars? We'll post more info as it develops.

Link: Nintendo Co., Ltd.'s release calendar

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:29:46 AM »
I bet part of this becomes NoA's "Club Nintendo" prizes if it does come to America
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:40:42 AM »
Er, what system is it for?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:10:13 AM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:45:23 AM »
D'oh.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:49:18 AM »
This is awesome, so it's obviously not going to come out in the US.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »
I wondered if anything was in store for SMB's 25th, but I wrote that off after NSMBWii came out.  At any rate, now that it's announced, it had better dang come out in America.  It's probably the number-one game I've wanted to see since about 2006.  That or a new SMBDX.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:56:35 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
I wonder whether the game will be a straight port of SMAS, or if it'll be an updated version.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
I was wondering that as well.  Seems like it'd be a bit of a waste as a Wii game if it weren't.  Unless Toad's right, that is...  Either way, it's pretty sweet.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be the same game (collection), but the menu screens will navigate slightly differently (with Wii friendly controls).

I was sorta also thinking they might do something like in the Mario Party games: highlight the game you want to play and a little movie of the game starts playing (I think that little feature started in MP5..). I was thinking it'd be neat if they had little fun facts and tidbits about the game too, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part (what don't we know already about these classic games anyway? XD   )

Oooh! Interesting thought: is this going to be SMAS or SMAS + SMW??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »
I think they'll keep the graphics basically the same, fix minor glitches, and make it easier.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
Why don't they man up and put a graphically updated SM64 on it?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »
Sounds good to me. SML ports, while they're at it?

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
Who deleted my post?
This bridge - extends from Nebraska to CANADA!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
Why don't they man up and put a graphically updated SM64 on it?
IMO, because they can still milk money out of SM64.  Nintendo is all about profit maximization.    Note that they made SM64x4 for the DS and I predict will have a port of it for the Wii2 or whatever. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print