Print

Author Topic: I take good screen shots  (Read 19531 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »
This is why most sites shlap giant watermarks on "their" images.

Hmm, TMK could use an official "logo."
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »
Watermarks are for the devil.

Why use one?  To get less people to use the images?  Or to drive up the filesize?

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:38 AM »
To prevent image theft. It can be bypassed (via tons of editing), but it takes more effort than it's probably worth.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »
Yeah, but obviously Deezer doesn't care about people taking the images.  There would be nothing to gain.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 12:21:23 PM »
I think watermarks on images are silly, especially these days where you see a hundred sites that all have the same screen shots. Anyway, I'm just glad GI deemed my screen shot fit for their magazine.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 03:37:17 AM »
Indeed they did.  And perhaps I should retract that "monkey work" comment, since the image before TMK's clearly doesn't get it right.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 03:46:45 AM »
The search I did, without quotation marks, had some Super Game Boy screenshots that I guessed they didn't use because getting simple black and white is better all the time better.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 07:32:44 PM »
Is it just me or is the one in the magazine a higher resolution than the one on the gamepage?
It doesnt look blurry as if someone had resized it 2-3x
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
It would only look blurry if someone resized it with antialiasing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 08:04:50 PM »
It's all in the resampling.

Nearest neighbor resampling (good for this situation):

Bicubic resampling (good for most other situations, default in Photoshop):

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 10:03:39 PM »
Well, your screenshot is on the first page of a google image search of 'Mario Picross.' That's how they probably got a hold of it. That's pretty cool though.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 01:31:05 AM »
Somebody set up us the bump.
We get post. What! Main Browser turn on...
It's MaxVance!
How are you gentlemen? He contributed to the topic. You are on the way to not complaining.
(It always turns out this way.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
No, it wasn't a bump. The rules say:

Quote from: Deezer
No bumping for the sake of bumping. Bumping is posting in an inactive thread for the sole purpose of moving it to the top of the list.
Also, I wonder if the magazine ever realized that Mario's Picross is a Game Boy game, meaning that it won't be released on the VC.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
Yeah, somehow I knew Max would show up with the rules in hand.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »
History repeats itself. Technically though, nothing new happened with that post; DeadAwake already pointed out the Google deal.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print