Print

Author Topic: SPOILER: Mario isn't the referee in Punch-Out!!, but...  (Read 7450 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »
As Punch-Out!! for Wii makes its way to stores for the first time, news is quickly spreading about a certain character from the "Mario Universe" appearing in the game. We understand some of you may be trying to avoid spoilers, so we'll only post links to the images.

SPOILER WARNING! Click here and here to see Little Mac's latest challenge. SPOILER WARNING!

Thanks to everyone who sent us the news!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:23:52 PM by Deezer »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:41:44 AM »
I would have rather see Wario.

Actually, scratch that, he'd just show up in his factory attire.

Congrats to you who made it into the game!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »
Crap, I was hoping for Baby Daisy.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:58 AM »
(spoilering this because saying that it's not him could be a big enough spoiler for some) Bowser would have been more dramatic, but I suppose DK (some extra space because it'd be obvious who it is if it's just two characters is the most logical choice, considering his use of boxing gloves in Sluggers.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
I am going to be a spoily jerk because people who want to avoid spoilers should read the thread title and not click it. If they're stupid enough to click anyway they deserve the spoilers.

I like cameos like this. The Blue Falcon in Mario Kart Wii is a similar one. My "what gives?" is: why just Donkey Kong? There could have been at least three famous Nintendo contenders (Nintenders?) in the line-up... how about Hitmonchan or Knuckle Joe?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:59 AM »
They're not as recognisable as Donkey Kong? Plus, it'd get stale to have too many guest stars in the game.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 06:25:17 AM »
While it would be cool to have those guests as well, wouldn't it start to feel a little like SSB?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »
I didn't say fifty. I said three.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
I think it would have been better to keep Mario as ref, but this is still neat.

Can you see the audience? Is the Mario crew out there, cheering DK on perhaps?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »
Guys this game is awesome and you should play it.

Though, some of the character's art stills are poorly drawn, and the soundtrack, while awesome, is often muffled by the action (shame that).

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »
I wish they could've kept Mario.  I would've gone into a fangril frenzy hearing Charles Martinet shouting "TKO" in his Mario voice.  But I'll still try this game once I get some money.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »
Holy snap, DK!

I want this game even more now.
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
It's a joy to play. The animation, character designs, voice acting, music, visual style and detail, cinematics and everything else are all fantastic. Even the motion controls. I would have liked to have subtitles for the dialog, especially to translate the non-English-speakers' taunting and speeches, if it's even half as hilarious as the things the English-speaking opponents say. "Ya doon't got cheeseburgers in those glooves, have ya Mac!?!?!?!" "I like raw fi-yish."

As for Mario, Captain Jim and I call the referee that--not in the sense that he is run-jump-fireball yah-wah-yahoo! Mario, but as if he is simply a man named Mario.

I wish I had the game. Grnnnngh...
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:19 PM »
See my sig.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print